RushHour

Arma 3 Kart DLC

I'm excited for everything except those notifications. I don't mind being limited. I don't mind seeing a locked symbol showing me i need to buy a DLC to use a new premium vehicle/weapon/etc.

I do have a problem with being spammed with notifications though. I don't think it's necessary.

Now i probably won't get those since i'm probably gonna get the bundle but still... If you could reconsider the notifications, that'd be great.

I LOVE that you make it possible to join servers who use DLC stuff. It's awesome. :)

I look forward to trying it out when I get home.

For karma's sake I hope that the 25% saving I just made by purchasing the Kart DLC as part of the Bundle, is not offset by a 25% reduction in the amount of money that that Czech Red Cross receives from my purchase ;)

what the hell is this shit ? i didnt buy this hilarious dlc with karts for war simulation game, and now i cant connect to 80% of servers because my game is 'outdated' ?! servers where i was used to go are now almost empyty and i have nowhere to play ?? i feel like i am forced to buy this joke DLC in order to continue playing game... money draining bastards

For karma's sake I hope that the 25% saving I just made by purchasing the Kart DLC as part of the Bundle, is not offset by a 25% reduction in the amount of money that that Czech Red Cross receives from my purchase ;)

Well you can always donate in this web

If I paid for that bundle when the game was Alpha do I have to pay for this? I thought buying that bundle I was buying EVERYTHING ArmA3 upfront.

Oh the butthurt flows freely on the Arma 3 Facebook page. Nice work BIS, glad to see that an April Fools joke can both give us content and go a little towards charity =D

Bought Arma 3 DLC Bundle ;).. although Karts DLC is a bit silly :P(but a good way to test DLC system). Imo a very good idea with those notifications and the whole idea.

Marksmen DLC wtf. Yes BIS, now you learnt how to make money. Please take money for every weapon you add.

This game should be all about money, yeah. Also consider an Altis Life standalone to gain moar money and a more uncomplicated audience.

Here's some Dollars for you: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

what the hell is this shit ? i didnt buy this hilarious dlc with karts for war simulation game, and now i cant connect to 80% of servers because my game is 'outdated' ?! servers where i was used to go are now almost empyty and i have nowhere to play ?? i feel like i am forced to buy this joke DLC in order to continue playing game... money draining bastards

Hey Blu hold a sec :)

Seems like you have a different version of the game. Are you running the devbranch version or the stable build?

Could you please tell us what your current game version is? Be sure it matches that of the server you are trying to join.

Edited by Maio

What would a wargame become withouth a Kart DLC :rolleyes:
The DLC strategy outright calls it a trial run for the plans for the Helicopters and Markmen DLC, as Byku said.
*cough* More likely because a bunch of the servers are not up to the v1.2 version (of Arma 3) that just came out on this day.
If I paid for that bundle when the game was Alpha do I have to pay for this? I thought buying that bundle I was buying EVERYTHING ArmA3 upfront.
Only if you bought the Supporter Edition.

Marksmen DLC wtf. Yes BIS, now you learnt how to make money. Please take money for every weapon you add.

This game should be all about money, yeah. Also consider an Altis Life standalone to gain moar money and a more uncomplicated audience.

Here's some Dollars for you: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Did you read the roadmap?

Because the Marksmen DLC is supposed to update the overall game ballistics, not just adding sniper rilfes.

Read first, then tell wrong statements, please.

Edited by RedPhoenix

People seriously need to read before they start whining and moaning on the forums, its infuriating reading some people comments.

- You can play on the same servers as everyone else whether you have the DLC or not.

- You get access to the features for FREE but premium content you will have to pay for.

- I havent bought the Kart DLC and yet I can still play the first time trial for free to try them.

EVERYONE READ THIS: http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/465-roadmap-14-15-dlc-strategy-blog

It explains everything well.

So when is the server update going to come out..you'd think that would have been first.

The way it stands now after updating/installing the DLC 99% of the servers you cant get into because they don't have the DLC.

Doesn't make any sense..its doing things ass backwards.

So when is the server update going to come out..you'd think that would have been first.

The way it stands now after updating/installing the DLC 99% of the servers you cant get into because they don't have the DLC.

Doesn't make any sense..its doing things ass backwards.

My server files updated at the same time with the client.

They're pretty fun though I felt like something was missing when pulling really hard torque turns at high speed -maybe wheel screech, maybe a g-force type pulling effect or something. Also a little disappointed after flying over a chicken that no neither blood nor feather bomb ensued. I'd probably get the bundle but where is the full write up on what Marksman/Helo consist of? Are we supposed to just buy on blind faith?

They're pretty fun though I felt like something was missing when pulling really hard torque turns at high speed -maybe wheel screech, maybe a g-force type pulling effect or something. Also a little disappointed after flying over a chicken that no neither blood nor feather bomb ensued. I'd probably get the bundle but where is the full write up on what Marksman/Helo consist of? Are we supposed to just buy on blind faith?

They are on DATA lock for those matters. Until further notice, just enjoy the minor addition. Should be some news next week. ^.^

Great DLC policy, bought the bundle. Keep it up!

I'd probably get the bundle but where is the full write up on what Marksman/Helo consist of? Are we supposed to just buy on blind faith?
Nope, the most recent remarks on the helo paid DLC are that it's got two heavy transport helos, "new playable content", more Steam Achievements (read: e-peen), while the Marksmen paid DLC would have the latter two and several new weapons; I am deliberately leaving 'features'/mechanics overhauls out of that since they're not paid.

I'm pleased to see i'm as bad at kart driving as in RL :moto::yikes::scared:

Ahah, I happen to be better IG than IRL.

DLC Bundle bought!

Nope, the most recent remarks on the helo paid DLC are that it's got two heavy transport helos, "new playable content", more Steam Achievements (read: e-peen), while the Marksmen paid DLC would have the latter two and several new weapons; I am deliberately leaving 'features'/mechanics overhauls out of that since they're not paid.

So $16 for two helos and another $16 for a few sniper guns? That can't be right. No mini campaigns?

So $16 for two helos and another $16 for a few sniper guns? That can't be right. No mini campaigns?

The way I see it is, 16x2 for the resources and time spent on creating the new content, implementing new game-play/engine features and applying said engine changes to all affected game assets :)

Also, I am sure some of the revenue will trickle down into the resource pool for the upcoming expansion.

Edited by Maio