RushHour

Arma 3 Kart DLC

I want this more than BIS probably intended I should...

My bets on it's real. The tell was the word "splendid" if anyone remembers last April 1st..

Wll they put a fair bit of effort into it, making a Kart model and a bunch of Arma-related textures for them: Vrana Corp, Larkin Aviation, Redstone

When I saw it on Facebook and a few outraged "THIS B WAR SIM" replies, I joked that people would probably want it. Had no idea how right I'd be. GIEF GOKARTS.

I can't think of any practical way to use them in a scenario without stepping over the whimsy line, but they call to me for reasons beyond my comprehension.

EDIT:

Not trusting these clowns :party:anymore!!! I got fooled by fArma five years ago but you ain't got me no more. I still want fArma and not this racing non-sense. Plus they really should get over fighting with Codies over nothing all the time for years: they get OPF brand so what? Get over it, babiez. Are you trying to beat them up in the racing games genre? Neve gonna happen. But this is too much for me to handle and I do not think I am gonna play Arma 3 anymore. :moto::moto::681:Let me know when you finally get your act together and fix all the bugs and add all the missing features we all have been requesting for bloody 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now you want me to pay you for this kids kartz DLC? So you know what??? I even do not care if I am banned from these forums 'cause I can only show you this.... :wave-finger:
Edited by R0adki11

Phew, thank god it's April 1st. Took me a moment to realize it, not bad BI ;P

I want this more than BIS probably intended I should...

I suppose exactly this is the problem with good pranks: You believe them not because they're believable in any way, but because we want to believe...

Not trusting these clowns :party:anymore!!! I got fooled by fArma five years ago but you ain't got me no more. I still want fArma and not this racing non-sense. Plus they really should get over fighting with Codies over nothing all the time for years: they get OPF brand so what? Get over it, babiez. Are you trying to beat them up in the racing games genre? Neve gonna happen. But this is too much for me to handle and I do not think I am gonna play Arma 3 anymore. :moto::moto::681:Let me know when you finally get your act together and fix all the bugs and add all the missing features we all have been requesting for bloody 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now you want me to pay you for this kids kartz DLC? So you know what??? I even do not care if I am banned from these forums 'cause I can only show you this.... :wave-finger:

This really made my day :D

I want to say I love you.

Will it feature a campaign?

Maybe one sequel to the Miller's ending on the original campaign, something like he stole the device so he would make the most awesome Kart ourses, with the best races involving lots of earthquakes and pieces of the road falling apart, now its up to Kerry assigned to represent NATO on this own sick Kart tournament with only one single objective. Beat Miller on his own rules, on his own tournament, the faith of the world rests on Kerry's abilities with the kart. See you on the wheels, corporal.

Reported

Now that I've seen the video, it is hinting at something related to animations with the "van Damme" spread?

Or I am too paranoic after so many years around BI announcements?

Nice April fool !

Now show us a REAL paid DLC (speaking as a Supporter!)

Reported

Haha keep it up ( wanted to do the same thing ) :pistols:

At the beginning I was shocked! :mad:

Then i found it fun after all...

Then I have realized i got a fish...

Nice video after all... it makes me laugh

:)

p.s. no kart please

p.s. no kart please

Why not? A few civilian vehicles ( and characters ) would add more immersion. Karts, tractor ( Altis is full of fields ), a police car ( a proper one ), a bus, a little jet...

Yeah, I always found it odd we have a police boat but not a police car available in editor. Presumably AAF destroyed all the airliners at the main airport to stop enemies from escaping, but if that were the case the hangars would be full of wrecks. Also, if there are taxi signs, why are there no taxis?

I really do hope the kart DLC is coming to Arma 3, racers included. For that matter, Orestes needs a motorcycle for the bike jacket. And a helmet. Say, a BMW GS series to run about in the sand and on road? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_GS

The karts and racers look like really good models, I sure hope they add them into the game.

I agree with MistryRonin, I hope they add a tractor, police car, bus, and civilian jet as well.

I do have a serious question to any BI staff who want to really entertain this; seeing as there are some people who actually want this now, do you have plans on actually releasing this? Unlike your Take on Helicopters April Fools joke a few years ago about zombies, you guys actually went out of your way to make assets (ToH was mostly dark themes and the implications of zombies). Surely you'd consider releasing them, no?

Or...would you be working on a game involving karts in the ArmAverse? Seriously though, I think I'd be down if you actually made a product like this; I adore your enthusiasm and sincerness at authenticity. It's a great contrast to the arcadey types of games out there. From war, to helicopters, to Mars, to..karts? Yes, please. <3

This is actually a pretty terrible April fools prank, BI devs. April fools jokes aren't meant to be taken seriously and I would seriously pay for this. So would a lot of people I play ARMA with.

Throw in a go-kart model, maybe a few reskins of existing assets (hatchback racer, offroad rally truck etc) and assets like grandstands, tire walls and ripple strips that can be laid down on roads. Add in some scripting for race way points and time keeping so the races are more computer monitored and less player refereed and you have yourselves a DLC.

I would pay for this. My friends would pay for this. Hell, right now people are making maps and hosting rally racing on ArmA 3 so you already have a customer base.

Please make this happen. If I need to effortpost to try to convince you, I will. Please don't make me effortpost.