Sign in to follow this  
Klamot

Changing default double click map marker

I'm aware that BI devs will never fix that tiny thing (there's already closed issue on feedback despite positive user votes).

So is there way to change this stupid default map marker to dot? Any addon? On Dslyecxi A2 videos he could put dot marker by double click. Anyone knows an addon he used?

Years of playing (since OFP) and this small bug IMO and is still pissing me off :/

I'm aware that BI devs will never fix that tiny thing (there's already closed issue on feedback despite positive user votes).

So is there way to change this stupid default map marker to dot? Any addon? On Dslyecxi A2 videos he could put dot marker by double click. Anyone knows an addon he used?

Years of playing (since OFP) and this small bug IMO and is still pissing me off :/

I really don´t know what you want....

He wants to change the default marker that appears when you double click on the map. By default it displays an objective 'cross' and wants to change it to a dot.

I've been trying to work out how to do this since the Alpha, it was a config tweak in arma 2 but it doesn't work in arma 3

Kerc Kasha - Exactly what i mean! I saw this on vids but i couldn't find way to do this.

//Edit:

Could you post that config tweak from A2?

Edited by s3bastion

Well at the risk of seeming like spam I’ll take what I posted from the Mod Request thread and post it here as well. This is how I would like the map to be changed, it would help with quick concise marker placement and info.

Basically you would have 10 save slots for your most commonly used symbols. Along with the symbols you can also save what color and what text are accompanied with them by simply typing in the text, picking the color and dragging the symbol to an a empty slot. (Sort of like how the inventory works.)

30xipmf.png

OPERATION:

1: Open the map and double click on the spot you would like to mark as you normally would.

2: Simply use the up and down arrows like normal to change the symbol.

3: Choose the color by clicking on it with your mouse cursor.

4: If you'd like to save text with the symbol, simply type what you want in the text bar. *If you don't want text then just leave the text bar empty.*

5: Once you have everything set up, simply move your cursor over to the big symbol and drag it to an empty slot. SAVING A SYMBOL ONLY REQUIRES YOU TO DRAG IT TO AN EMPTY SAVE SLOT.

6: To place the symbol you just made on the part of the map you double clicked on just hit OK as you normally would.

*If you only want to save symbols BUT NOT PLACE A MARKER on the map at that time you would simply hit CANCEL to close the window after you've dragged your symbols to the save slots.*

7: To clear a save slot you must move the cursor over the slot and press the DELETE key. *Simply dragging a different symbol over a filled slot WILL NOT replace it.* This is to prevent accidental replacement during "Oh crap I'm getting shot!" combat.

I was also looking for a way to disable double click on map but after searching all the editing forums I haven't found a working example.

So if anyone does have an example please share the info.

Ok, so I've managed to digg into config.cpp and set this stupid marker to Dot ("hd_dot") :)

It's not perfect but it should be enough for now.

Tested on current Arma 3 stable version.

Package with sources and pbo: http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/36243130/file.html

//file: config.cpp
#define _ARMA_

class CfgPatches
{
class A3_UI_F
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"};
};
};

class Flag;
class hd_objective;
class hd_dot;
class mil_objective;
class mil_dot;

class CfgMarkers
{
class hd_objective: Flag
{
	scope = 0;
	markerClass = "";
};
class hd_dot: hd_objective
{
	scope = 2;
	markerClass = "draw";
};
};

I don't know why it just can't remember the last type you put down. If I want to plot a route to follow with the dots, I have to scroll through every marker to get to the dot every time :/

Yeah, tiny but annoying issue. Nice idea with this interface and saving last user choice by the way.

Also there is another open issue on feedback tracker concerning this topic, so there's a hope :)

PS Above I added a solution to set default marker to Dot. My post appeared not long ago because it had to be approved by moderator.

Ok, so I've managed to digg into config.cpp and set this stupid marker to Dot ("hd_dot") :)

It's not perfect but it should be enough for now.

I just found this right now and I want to thank you for creating that little piece (and preventing me from having to do it myself;)).

That should definitely hit armaholic and PWS, so more players can make use from it.