Sign in to follow this  
Ginbo

Us release

First, let me say something. It seems to me Extremely wasteful (and thus very U.S.) to not use the Hard DVD cases.

But, when I got Resistance in the mail from GoGamer, I was shocked to find it in a DVD case. Does that mean I have the English version? Is it even on sale in the US yet? And if not, does that mean it may come pre-patched like the original?

The European and the US releases are the same and both come in a DVD case. The release of Resistance was over a month ago in the US and some weeks earlier then that in Europe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 17 2002,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The European and the US releases are the same and both come in a DVD case. The release of Resistance was over a month ago in the US and some weeks earlier then that in Europe.<span id='postcolor'>

In Germany there was the normal square cardboard box around the DVD box....now THAT is waste!!

Then, is it just me, or do no stores have this game in the US? I know OFP sold alot of copies, and the gold upgrade was all over EB when it came out, but what's going on with Resistance?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ginbo @ Aug. 17 2002,02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then, is it just me, or do no stores have this game in the US? I know OFP sold alot of copies, and the gold upgrade was all over EB when it came out, but what's going on with Resistance?<span id='postcolor'>

Ask Codemasters, they should know confused.gif

mmm my US copy came in a standard cd jewel case,and the standard small box,and its in most stores now in US,has been for a while now.

I see alot of stores with OFP:R still on the shelfs. When OFP came out it had backorders!

Okay, I went to CompUsa (more like poop-usa) and they had it, for $30, while the original is also $30! What a scam those guys are.

But, they never get the new games in, and today they had Resistance, so they must not be THAT bad. Right? No.

Hmmm....I bought a normal Resistance in normal cd case in small box, here in Florida...But that's true you don't see Resistance in too many stores.... confused.gif

LOL guys, in the Czech Republic, there is Resistance in paper box and CD is in plastic bag sad.gifbiggrin.gif

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (liquidsteel @ Aug. 17 2002,07wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmm my US copy came in a standard cd jewel case,and the standard small box,and its in most stores now in US,has been for a while now.<span id='postcolor'>

Same here.  Small box, standard CD case.

I got a CD case here in Canada. EB near me had lots of copies on the first day out and now they don't have any.

hoz

Small box w/ Jewel Case here in British Columbia. Though I did see GTA3 in a DVD keepcase. I wish they would start packaging all games like that! I usually dont save the boxes because of how much space they take up...but I could happily save DVD sized cases