zorrobyte

Group Link 5 Core (AI Enhancement)

would this work in unison in ASR A3 or conflict with it?

Sub'd. I'll have to look deeper into this system considering all the DAC and ASR mentions..

Is there a way to only have the dubbing work? I can't seem to get that to work. If I try to fiddle with it, the dubbing ceases to work or one of its bleeding or medical system comes up. Also, is that portion of the mod compatible with dedicated servers?

Hello,

first thanks for the nice Addon. It makes the Combat in Arma 3 more exciting.

But why the reinforcement Crew of Tanks or Jeeps with MG exit the vehicle at the combatzone ?

Thanks

Does this mod still work and is it actively supported? I can't seem to find any videos or anything regarding this...

Hi

I have problem.

I downloaded and everytime I see message

Script \UserConfig\GL5\GL5_Core.sqf not found

Three lines from .rpt log file:

18:17:18 Warning Message: Script \UserConfig\GL5\GL5_Core.sqf not found
18:17:18 Warning Message: Script \UserConfig\GL5\GL5_Local.sqf not found
18:17:18 Warning Message: Script \UserConfig\GL5\GL5_Global.sqf not found

I did check UserConfig folder, and files are in location

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\UserConfig\GL5

Hahaha....It's working!

Thank you very much !!

• Like 1

This is still one of the coolest addons despite its troubled existence. Not really into the AI stuff so much but love the effects especially bullet whiz/whirl sounds and the building fires. Id like to add the ability for the fire to spread more and actually demolish buildings.

This is still one of the coolest addons despite its troubled existence. Not really into the AI stuff so much but love the effects especially bullet whiz/whirl sounds and the building fires. Id like to add the ability for the fire to spread more and actually demolish buildings.

Frogs just want to watch the world burn.....the arma world that is lol.
  • Like 1

What does it actually do? There's no working documentation and no decent showcases on Youtube, kinda intrigued but would like to know what to look at. 

Well i know this already is pretty damn old and i don't really like to get this topic up again but well... Guss there are some thing's i really would like to clarify.

1. Group Link 3 and Group Link 4 - Special FX Edition are NOT ports in any way!

I wrote / tested / debugged every code on my own... Which leads to...

2. Someone who wrote an entire Mod all on his own is not allowed to close source his own written code?

Guess KeyCat can agree that since Group Link 3 i wrote all of my codes on my own.

When i first ported Group Link 2 to ARMA 1 back in 2007 i did everything what was written in KeyCat's Group Link 2 Readme becouse i used his original Group Link 2 script and even than i used his original KEY_ tag's just becouse of giving respect to the person who put the most effort into it. Guess this can be confirmed by KeyCat as well...

I started to change the original Group Link 2 KEY_ tag's to GL3_ / GL4_ after i started to write the code on my own.

Like i already said i was working on Group Link since 2007 and i can tell that i put a damn lot of work and time into it keep pushing it forward.

The reason why i close sourced my code was to avoid what happend to it  now!!

To me it really is heartbreaking to see how all this has ended!!!

People calling me violating EULA becouse i close sourced the code written and debugged by my own during many years and now if i open up GL5 in almost every script i can find:

// By =\SNKMAN/= modified for A3 by Zorrobyte

even if there wasn't touched a single line!

Is this the way to go now? PPL write something like this into script headers even befor doing anything with the given script? Now that's what i call rude!!!

To describe you how it feels:

Imagine!

You are working on a car.

You make it look good.

You make it drive good.

You put all your love, passion and time into it.

And than someone takes it and drives it right into a wall...

Well so far... :icon7:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@snkman; hope you find peace in your work. as for Zorrobye...meh

Would be great if there was a real grouplink for A3+. Grouplink 2 and 3 were some of the best game sessions ever in Arma for me.

• Like 1

@snkman why come back after all these years to post that -did you just awake from Cryogenic freeze?

Anyways love all your work

• Haha 1

Yeah kind of! :icon7:

Well i don't know... Maybe it was a bad idea... But i just felt like telling some ppl the full legacy of Group Link.

Guess most ppl of the current ARMA community didn't follow Group Link from the very first beginning till present day.

I'm still playing and modding this game... So why not?

Yes i know. :icon5: Still remember all the name's from back then!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No not really...

But yes i'm working on something for quite a while.

A.I. modification what else... And of course inspired by Group Link II but i choosed to start from scratch bulding an entire new system.

Umm... Well... Looks like Eden Editor Malden and disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT" had a very motivation impact on me! :icon7:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Well... Don't want to make false promises but i feel like there will be coming something this weekend! :icon5:

Sneak Preview of an average A.I. combat situation using full debug system.

Blue Arrows = Available Cover

Green Arrows = In Cover

Red Arrows = Bullet Whiz By

Pink Arrows = A.I. Group(s) Moving Position

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Best news I've heard in some time... welcome back snkman

As for the continuation of GL development see this post by KeyCat (page2)