zorrobyte

Group Link 5 Core (AI Enhancement)

My guess is fixing all the undeclared variables to avoid script error spam

What are you currently working on GL5, besides changing the GL4_ tag into GL5_ and adding your names into the script header?

Wow such bad manners. If the authors or co-authors do reply to you I doubt its going to be in a positive light. The reason your country and surrounding countries are in such turmoil is that you don't have any respect for one another. Maybe you should hit the streets instead of wasting everyone time here on the bis forums. Go get caught in curfew or something. Thanks for porting this over author guy.

Wow such bad manners. If the authors or co-authors do reply to you I doubt its going to be in a positive light. The reason your country and surrounding countries are in such turmoil is that you don't have any respect for one another. Maybe you should hit the streets instead of wasting everyone time here on the bis forums. Go get caught in curfew or something. Thanks for porting this over author guy.

Stop drinking, start thinking!

It was a simple question to zorro and lord. no more, no less.

unpack the pbo files, compare GL4 and GL5 scripts and see for yourself. thank you for your attention :)

onkel, i am working on the gl5_sFX version not this one..

and secondly, Lol at your comments. First off I dont care what the name. In my folders it was called "@GL4_A3"

I was until zerro and i merged his work and mine. That is another subject i dont want to touch.

I think that you should download the Sfx version. I did spend quit some time trying to get everything to work.. My spare time, my time... unpaid, time trying to learn more about coding...

On that note if anyone does actually go and download gl4 for arma 2 and then the sfx version for Arma 3 posted in another thread you WILL see MANY changes. . not just the name... I dont know why all the names were removed from the headers.. I dont like it I think credit was shown properly and I just wanted to help the mod move foreward..... That said I object to your previous allegation... Onkel I didnt hear you chomping at the bit to help out with the development of the mod into arma 3... Why so accusative????? You could take that energy and redirect it into something more productive??? anywho i digress...

I have never said I was PRO... so let me say it again.. I am A NOVICE at coding.. I took a few C++ classes a LONG time ago.. I have a good idea of whats going on.. I have made quite a bit of changes. I also have quite a array of test missions aimed at testing each little aspect of GL5 i can. theres lots i cant fix on my own.. I would love help...

I will be releaseing an update soon as soon as i can figure out why the surrendering AI throw a config error. Its a simple script tells them to drop their weapons, gear, and put their hands up.. it works but you have to click your way threw an error message..

so theres an update for those that care. Onkel.. If you would like to offer any help Please do. outside of that your kind words of encouragement were appreciated..... again have a nice day

Edited by Lordprimate

When u 2 are finished with unnecessary argue each other it would be nice when explaining how it work, cause i tried it and i liked it but i wanted to put some things to "off" but i was confused a little...

Lets take this for example:

// ==============================================================
 // GL5 Radio Chatter:
 // Choose if the "Radio Chatter" feature should be used.
 // Description: The "Radio Chatter" feature add different "Radio Chatters" to "Tank" and "Air" vehicles.
 // True / False, default is True
   // GL5_Local set [22, False];

// GL5 Sound FX:
 // Choose if the "Sound FX" feature should be used.
 // Sound FX Features: Sound FX Artillery Shell, Sound FX Explosion and Sound FX Explosion Sparks.
   // GL5_Local set [23, False];

So what are my options now, and what i have to change to see a result. Thx for any help

Sorry for my English, if you didnt understand let me know, i will try to write it down with other words ^^

I'll try:

All variables can be set in the folder userconfig. there you'll find a GL5 folder, containing the sqf scripts.

to change the values, e.g. GL5 Sound FX simply remove the // in front of GL5_Local set [23, false];

I'll try:

All variables can be set in the folder userconfig. there you'll find a GL5 folder, containing the sqf scripts.

to change the values, e.g. GL5 Sound FX simply remove the // in front of GL5_Local set [23, false];

Yeah i know about that folder, thats whyt i ask, what happens when i remove the // is the part off or on then. On default settings everything/or mostly all is active, correct?

... On default settings everything/or mostly all is active, correct?

thats correct!

who is argueing?? did i miss something? anywho as onkel said that is exactly it. All the current settings, If im not mistaken are pretty high so if you get a big perf hit then you might need to dial back some... I did that so i wasnt wasting time during testing waiting for a %50 chance of something i set it all to %100. That was purely for testing purposes

I echo the Glad to see you working together on this.

Can't wait to get home and try this out.

Thanks!!!!

Hi! there anyone here? xD ..... this project abandoned? :butbut:

Anybody know what the Gl4 bug is for holdfire... Gl4 keeps ai from holding fire,is there a fix for this or no...example I set a night mission up my team has silenced weapons and I say hold fire they do till we move in closer and no one from opfor has shot yet and are facing in opposite direction and all a sudden my team mates start firing even though the hold fire command shows on the dossier with the line through notifying the player where in hold fire mode. This is driving me up the wall cause Gl4 is a great mod but that one thing is killing it. please help thanks

Anybody know what the Gl4 bug is for holdfire... Gl4 keeps ai from holding fire,is there a fix for this or no...example I set a night mission up my team has silenced weapons and I say hold fire they do till we move in closer and no one from opfor has shot yet and are facing in opposite direction and all a sudden my team mates start firing even though the hold fire command shows on the dossier with the line through notifying the player where in hold fire mode. This is driving me up the wall cause Gl4 is a great mod but that one thing is killing it. please help thanks

Been away from Arma for the last year or so, I currently don't have the desire to continue development on GL5 as of now due to time and other projects. I may eventually come back to GL5 as it gets colder outside.

Been away from Arma for the last year or so, I currently don't have the desire to continue development on GL5 as of now due to time and other projects. I may eventually come back to GL5 as it gets colder outside.

We better hope that SNKMAN will come back to GL5 as it gets colder outside. Isn't it?

I'm confused here on how to turn this on because it says true is default does this mean this is on....

// GL5 Enemy A.I. Enhancement:

// Choose if the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" completly.

// GL5_Core set [1, False];

Or is this on when I put true here

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" completly.

// GL5_Core set [1, True];

but in the readme it states to uncomment // after you change something so is this on

GL5_Core set [1, True];

Please highlight the correct on please thank you..

...is correct to have it run as true. Uncommenting the last line would turn it off.

I'm confused here on how to turn this on because it says true is default does this mean this is on....

Or is this on when I put true here

// GL5_Core set [1, True];

but in the readme it states to uncomment // after you change something so is this on

GL5_Core set [1, True];

Please highlight the correct on please thank you..

How I understand it is that it is on by default so you don't have to do a thing. If you want to disable any of the features you remove the two // from the GL5_ line and that sets it to False and thus disables it. So you want it on leave it how it is, otherwise do as you did in example 3 but leave it as FALSE

ok so this statement is on like I thought then hints default is true..just was confused cause true is true and I thought you had to write True in to make statement True // GL5_Core set [1, False];

Edited by bravo409

Vanilla missions (presentations) become unplayable now. I'm dying from super shooter Ai (headshot) at 500 meters from one shoot. Im watching my killer and... he have red dot sight! More over in Presentation > "Vehicles" mission you need to steal ATV. In vanilla you are getting undetected to base (where the vehicle is) and you can start shooting (then alarm is switching on and enemies start to engage you). Same mission with your mod, at start (300m from target - hidden) you are DETECTED BY ..... Birds? Enemy haven seen you, havent hear you but they STARTS TO SURROUND YOU AND ALARM IN BASE IS ON (frombegin the mission!). How to configure this right?

could be some AI bugs in 1.40 stable, try it with 1.43 DEV first