zorrobyte

Group Link 5 Core (AI Enhancement)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175475-Group-Link-5-Core-(AI-Enhancement)&p=2659795&viewfull=1#post2659795

for the most part it is answered in that post. but to make sure i hit the specific subject. If you launch GL5 on your server you will get some default GL5 ai effects. However, to get the full blown effect you need to follow the instructions i layed out on the previous page.... So just edit the mission you want to run, and add the afor mentioned modules and sync.

Thanks a lot for the explanation!!!

Thanks a lot for the explanation!!!

np,

if you have time to read the Readme. its chalked full of helpful info on how to setup missions. the Static, Defend, and Custom modules are the big difference. with default init. you dont get the effects of these modules. it (the readme) is out of date how ever is still fairly accurate in its statements as mostly nothing has changed in how to build missions. Its just right now not all the featues work ( in the complete version were working on relesasing...

PS: In the most recent build of the mod, i have done alot of work to get some kinks worked out. I just got the simulate dead function. FULLY FUNCTIONAL!! YOU and AI can now simulate dead to possibly evade death. Cross your fingers soon ill be sending what i have to zerro soon and see if i cant talk into a release!

Saw the FX stuff on Armaholic today.. congrats and thanks for working on this.

It's a bug due to the A3 port which will be fixed.

Had this been fixed? I still cannot see modules placed in the editor.

Hi, thx for the mod, its great. Got 1 question, how i can disable this Debugscreen Ingame? I read what i should do but propably i did it wrong, the debugscreen wont disappear.

Can someone maybe post the correct code for that, so i can paste it. Thx in advice

LSD, there are three userconfig files that need your attention. CORE, LOCAL, and GLOBAL. those files contain all the debug enabling variables. you have to comment them out or change them to false. Look in those files and youll see them.

Ah okay thanks, i´ve managed it. Are all functions suppose to work, mean such things like " AI Simulate dead" and the all other cool stuff?

Ah okay thanks, i´ve managed it. Are all functions suppose to work, mean such things like " AI Simulate dead" and the all other cool stuff?

not in this version, in the special FX version, yes, im not shure when zerro pulled from my repo but yea they should work. i have ai simulate dead all the time in the latest version. players can simulate dead as well.

i just had chat with SNKMAN, he approved the usage of GL4 and the license , as long as he can return to the GL and make his own work later ...

i just had chat with SNKMAN, he approved the usage of GL4 and the license , as long as he can return to the GL and make his own work later ...

hell to the yea!! i hope he is doing well!!

I was a big fan of GL3&4 and like many others I have used GL4 in A3, when in the Alpha and early Beta stages (for my own use). I don’t use it now in the game, but until relatively recently still regarded it and its former guises as the only mod’s to turn too, for great AI behaviour, head and shoulders above any other publically available AI mod on here, just my opinion.

I used it in a mix of mod’s (pbo’s) for A2 and found it unbeatable for its game changing abilities, always has been, GL3 before it did the same (I didn’t use GL2 or the first one).

Now what is concerning me is the EULA this (GL4) was released under, also a line on ‘pg 10’ of the readme of GL4, not worth repeating as it obviously means little to anyone, although it should mean a lot.

I do note that Dwarden thinks this is fine to release, having opened, re-used and re-worked the content. Although I doubt much has been done to change it from the original, hard to better something so great, when using the same sort of format.

It just strikes me as a shame for a forum that is quick to jump on any other users, if they are found to have opened a mod i.e. de-pbo, alter then release it publically. The fact that this has been allowed, can only lead one on to assume the ‘Steam thing’, last year, was a flash in the pan, your mod makers rights are not observed here anyway, why worry about Steam.

Possibly why some mod’s will likely never see the light of day for players i.e. stay limited to players/groups that have made them, which is a big disappointment, why release, when they are easily opened up copied and passed on without any user agreement being actively enforced, anything happens from there, its been seen with problems concerning dayz etc.

Its good that you use GL4 zorobyte, but it’s a shame your allowed to release a slightly altered form of it, having not received any permission from the important person/people i.e. the original maker. Whether that be available or not, does not matter, GL3&4 were released initially under a EULA, I would have thought, plus it states in the ‘readme’ that permission has to be sought from the maker before any use of scripts etc.

Also it states its for Armed Assault 2, may never have been meant to go any further than that.

Dwarden agreeing, does not surprise me, as a mouthpiece for BI, he knows full well, they need mod’s like this to help support, what is, terrible stock AI. If it wasn’t for mod’s of this calibre (GL4), the series would be very different for many players, in-fact it would probably be un-playable.

So seeing this released alleviates some tension for those players wanting great AI, therefore reduces BI commitment to stock AI progression. Now we all know they can’t fix stock AI any further than it is now, lets not pretend here. But to rely on, and bend the rules in favour of a mod that helps the game so much, also changes the game to such an extent that it increases its appeal, which the developers know, then try and portray the façade that EULA and makers content is safe here, is well.. a joke…

Maybe Dwarden is snkman or one of the prior makers, perhaps he can formerly give that permission here, if not, then its not his to give..

I admire that you asked, but you haven’t had the proper answer yet.

Don’t get me wrong, so many AI mods on here use ripped parts from GL4, its very easy to see. At least you did the right thing, you asked, just should have waited for the proper permission.

I didn’t know snkman, but I do know he refused use of GL4 in the past, noted on this forum somewhere a long time back, things may have changed, but its for him to say. I see also Armaholic front paged it, short memories are in abundance, here and over there on AH…..

Hope it doesn’t force talented mod makers underground, it has already started to do that for this series, this will only harden that view.

Sorry, just the way I see it. I wish you would have waited for that permission, from the only one able to give it, that or at least had a forum debate regards EULA’s, makers content etc. It would have been very interesting to hear content makers views regards this matter. I don't make content, only missions, so I don't really have any say, but I repect those that make great original content, plus those that ask when they want to progress that content on and are given that permission from the right person.

Its kinda sad, because I see other things not getting released fully, partly because of things like this. Dwarden took it on himself to allow it, he must be snkman, only answer I can think of.. All that 'we'll protect your content' must have been rubbish, otherwise..

well now :icon_bash:

after reading post above me

:dancehead:

we don't have to hear people mention "EULA" no more pow pow boom boom!!! its over with

Edited by Sidekilla09
i quoted the wrong person :P

Wonderful ... many thanks Dwarden !

well now :icon_bash:

after reading post above me

:dancehead:

we don't have to hear people mention "EULA" no more pow pow boom boom!!! its over with

Yes, this should quiet all those people.

Edited by Lordprimate

ye, he is still watching Arma scene and hopes for return ;) ... but as we know IRL can be hard on modding hobby ;)

Edit (delete)

Edited by LDU30

So, what do I have to do, to get this working on our dedi server running cti. Does only the server need this installed? Or every single client, aswell? Do I need to place a module in the mission itself? Cti does spawn new units while ingame, so this would'nt make any sense.

Hello guys can anyone help me please ,i really need to remove that annoying debug window,help anyone please.

sorry been away from GL5 for a lil bit.

if you see a debug windows or debug info on the map you need to go in to the userconfig folder and edit GL5_Global. near the bottol there are AI Debug Array settings ... set them to false.

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

So, what do I have to do, to get this working on our dedi server running cti. Does only the server need this installed? Or every single client, aswell? Do I need to place a module in the mission itself? Cti does spawn new units while ingame, so this would'nt make any sense.

Im not sure how Zooloo set this up, but im pretty sure clients and servers alike need to run it. I advise following the instructions i posted before in either this or the GL5_Fx Version(full version).

hahaha it worked ;p Thanks a lot Lordprimate it really helped i always use GLfx from ArmA,Arma2 & Arma3 ,that debug window was destroying my life ;p lol "if you see a debug windows or debug info on the map you need to go in to the userconfig folder and edit GL5_Global. near the bottol there are AI Debug Array settings ... set them to false." the evil curse is lifted hoorrayy .Thanks again Lordprimate you have been of excellent help :) Good day and all the best ;p

Edited by SopmodJack

What are you currently working on GL5, besides changing the GL4_ tag into GL5_ and adding your names into the script header?