democore

Mobile Arma 3 Map Viewer

I just started the web implementation.

For more Infos, see my last responce

link: www.justdev.de

screen: http://i.imgur.com/7bc0GZ6.jpg (195 kB)

Hi,

this is just supposed to be a little look at what I and 2 friends are currently programming for iPhone and Android.

It's an App that connects to a self-made Server running next to your Arma 3 Server.

By doing that, it is "connected" to the Arma 3 server and talking to it which means it's technically possible to do everything you can do normally via sqf with your mobile device! :)

For the start and to have something to show, we implemented displaying positions, directions, inventory and some other stuff on a map on the mobile device.

Here are some screenshots! :)

more images

fuhx.png

Tell us what you think about it. If you have any ideas or criticism, go ahead and say it! :)

Edited by DemoCore

We would love to implement diplaying the map as SVG (vector graphic) with data from the server.

That would mean that we would not need to have each map as image. At the moment we can only display Stratis.

We will of course download more images of maps than altis on our first release if we cannot implement getting the map data from the server.

Which means Statis, Altis and a3mp maps at least.

If anyone has knowledge about how to get map data from the server, it would be more than welcome! :)

Edited by DemoCore

Would clans be allowed to implement it on their website / app?

Would clans be allowed to implement it on their website / app?

Are you asking if it is going to be open source? Sorry I don't get your question completely :)

EDIT:

Okay, sorry I get it now :D

Yea thats possible. We're thinking about a web implementation. For now it will be for our App only. We're also thinking about releasing the protocol of our server, so you can build your own programs working with it which means, yea, you will be in the future. :)

Edited by DemoCore

This is nicee... in my head there is one thing i would love to do.. if i have quadrotor in my gear that i can send it to scout vidouth setting my caracter to wait until i finish :D it would be cool if you could use UAV terminal on android or iphone :)

This is nicee... in my head there is one thing i would love to do.. if i have quadrotor in my gear that i can send it to scout vidouth setting my caracter to wait until i finish :D it would be cool if you could use UAV terminal on android or iphone :)

Technically possible :) Awesome Idea! Its on our to do list from now on!

Finally! This looks sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward :-)

Are you planning a Windows Phone version of your app?

No, sorry we don't have one here, so we cannot develop for it :/

Alright, i had an idea a while back and most people told me it would be impossible to do. Would there be any way to implement a PC version of your application on a website to display a live feed of a server map? I dont know if youre familiar with it but my idea is pretty much the same thing as a Minecraft "Dynamap". It shows whats happening on the server, player locations and block updates in real time and displays it on the website as a giant map to let people know not only whos online playing but also what theyre doing on the map.

Alright, i had an idea a while back and most people told me it would be impossible to do. Would there be any way to implement a PC version of your application on a website to display a live feed of a server map? I dont know if youre familiar with it but my idea is pretty much the same thing as a Minecraft "Dynamap". It shows whats happening on the server, player locations and block updates in real time and displays it on the website as a giant map to let people know not only whos online playing but also what theyre doing on the map.

Thats definitely possible! :)

We're sadly almost not familiar with html5 or javascript.

If someone with knowledge about webprogramming would like to help us, please contact me! :)

If nobody gets in contact with us, we're gonna do it ourselves anyway. :)

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

are you planning on something like UAV connection via phone?

Yep thats possible and already on our TODO list! :)

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

It is now possible to create Tasks via the App!

(Screenshots added to album)

7aex.png

This looks very nice!

Zeus on a phone?:D

It's not that epic, but the closest thing you can get I guess :)

I am so looking forward to this any updates lately ?

Due to our University stuff, we currelty are all out of time :(

If anyone wants to contribute anything to our work, just post here and we will try to involve you! :)

What kind of help are you looking for ?

People with designing skills (like App icon, Logo, Menu Design)

or people with skills in at least one of theese:

C++, SQF, C#, PHP, Obj-C