Sign in to follow this  
spliffz

TacVision (Tactical Vision) - A Tactical Glasses Enhancement Mod

Sorry for the late response. Sunny weather keeps me otherwise occupied.

Thank you all for trying TacVision and posting your findings/feedback here.

Thanks to that I can now squash bugs I didn't or couldn't find and it keeps me motivated to do more!

Quick question, is this a client or serverside addon?

Clientside

I got this solved. when running at 5760x1080 and a triplehead setting of 16:3 the interface size has to be set to small or very small. on normal you encounter the problem that I was having.

Ah good you found it out. It makes perfect sense now. Will look into how to make it work with the different interface sizes.

Spliffz, do you use any other mods with this? Im using it with a unit repo and our heading works off and on. Wind direction has a > greater than symbol and GPS shows blank. Clock works just fine.

I'm guessing if there is another conflict with mod it would be CBA3 related.

Also has this been tested in multiplayer, are you up to comments and or grievances? Thanks.

This was build in vanilla + cba_a3 and has been tested in a simple hosted multiplayer environment, without errors on my part. (But in my experience that doesn't mean somebody else won't have the errors, how stupid it may sound.)

Comments and/or grievance are all welcome. It's simple: without both it's really difficult improve on something.

Seems a little bit like XTacticalHud, and I guess both ideas here are sort of that Ghost Recon supersoldier idea with information. Pretty cool stuff. Might as well use the hypothetical technology considering the setting.
would be cool to get the ghost recon type red diamond on the screen to locate soldiers - only ones that are known; as in showing on the player map.

with higher difficulties where the map doesn't show enemies it might be a manual 'tag' target option like the command interface does with targeting commands.

That was kind of what I was trying to do. The whole Ghost Recon target system (cuz, it is such an awesome game/franchise!) The markers, the code, it's all there already but couldn't get it to work properly :(

But yes, that is the basic idea and will be implemented (am already working on a target marker transfer system, with the proper diamonds.)

how does this work with Servers set to not show units ? Are they now visible with the magic glasses on ?

Thanks

SJ

No, it's just the same.

If you can see a unit, and the unit's distance to player is below 100, it will display the information about that unit.

@X39:

I am sort of curious what your stand is on this. As your XTacticalHud is also a Tactical Glasses Enhancement. What you're doing with the UAV stuff is really something!

As I said before, I do not want to step on anybody's toes or something.

And please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to copy something, we really just have the same ideas (this happens a lot with in this game I noticed!).

That said: if you can use some of the code I used that on the bitbucket, it's there for the taking.

If you can see a unit, and the unit's distance to player is below 100, it will display the information about that unit.

Is the extra info needed if the distance is below 100? Things that are 100 meters or closer are . . . very easily identified.

Personally, I feel that targets which are 300+ meters are what you want to identify.

Is it possible to have something like "if weapon cross-hairs are on a unit that is >=300 and <=600 meters away, then identify the unit in HUD"? So the HUD identifies friendly or enemy targets greater than (or equal to) 300 meters, and less than (or equal to) 600 meters? That would be REALLY useful ! ! !

Other than than, GREAT mod. I love it. Thank you very much!

As for minor problems: I too don't have the GPS info, even though I have a GPS in my inventory. And the bottom of the text on the extended info (which identifies the unit) is getting cut off. I'm using 1920 x 1080 wide screen (16x9) resolution. But the text is still cut off. Perhaps I have the wrong menu size chosen, or my system font is different than the default. I'll re-size the menu in ARMA3 settings and see if that helps.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

OK. I changed the interface menu size and now:

1) My GPS number shows (it didn't before)

2) The wind direction shows correctly (One or two of the letters was getting cut off. So it showed S instead of SE).

and

3) The bottom of the "extended info" is no longer cut off.

If anyone else has this problem, here's the "fix it" procedure:

ARMA 3 Main Menu -> Configure -> Video -> Display TAB -> Interface Size -> Set to "SMALL".

Medium size or bigger just doesn't display correctly.

Is development on this mod abandoned?

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Was expecting something that works like the CrossCom system in Ghost Recon games.

After 313 days I shouldn't expect a reply but I think the mod is officially broken. Not a bad stretch though!

Just so I don't get egg all over my face when I load the mod with latest CBA, I get an error dialogue at the Arma 3 load screen that says:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplaymain/controls/ButtonPlay.textureNoShortcut'."

After 313 days I shouldn't expect a reply but I think the mod is officially broken. Not a bad stretch though!

Just so I don't get egg all over my face when I load the mod with latest CBA, I get an error dialogue at the Arma 3 load screen that says:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplaymain/controls/ButtonPlay.textureNoShortcut'."

I get the same error, the mod hasn't been updated to fit CBA v2.2.0 ... Sucks cause I really enjoy this mod.

This mod is throwing me an error at the main menu on startup.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/Buttonplay.textureNoShortcut'.