Sign in to follow this  
spliffz

TacVision (Tactical Vision) - A Tactical Glasses Enhancement Mod

[information]

This is something I made so that those nifty Tactical Glasses could finally be used.

My original idea was to have something cool, something futuristic but realistic at the same time.

Maybe playing in to the whole 2035 idea a bit, but then most things we consider cheating now, would be cool then.

As we are still living in the 'now', and me not being able to code it properly, I've downtuned it a bit so it works. And pretty fancy too!

Still, my to-do list is long and I hope that all the features can be implemented over time.

But for now, enjoy this release. Hope you find use for it and any feedback is appreciated!

[Features]

- current heading

- wind dir/strength

- GPS Coordinates

- current in-game time

- ATR (Automatic Target Recognition) - The Tactical Glasses & Shades are now able to scan your view for possible threats & targets (WIP, not in release/source)

- MTR (Manual Target Recognition) - With the Tactical Glasses & Shades on you can scan what is directly infront of you, and pass it to the ETI for detailed information.

- ETI (Extended Target Information) - Does what it says, Gives Extended Target/Threat Information

[Personal note]

Now, I know some of the members of this community have also done this, or are trying to.

That's why this stuff is how you say it, Open-Source.

It's all in the bitbucket, even the failed attempts for ATR.

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, or want people to stop their projects, so sharing my code was the logical step to do. Now everybody can benefit from it.

And yes, I know the code has room for improvement, by me or any other.

[Known Issues]

When in-game, wearing Tactical Glasses and using TacVision, Splendid Camera & Config Viewer are crashing upon opening.

I've looked into this, but I've really no idea why. Maybe it has to do with the uiNameSpace, but haven't been able te repro it.

So, if you need those things in-game while you're running TacVision, just take off the glasses first :)

[Disclaimer]

See readme.txt in mod/on bitbucket.

I will update and maintain this for aslong as I feel like it. Don't expect hourly updates though ;P

[Requirements]

Community Base Addons A3 (@CBA_A3)

[Download]

https://bitbucket.org/Spliffz/arma-3-tacvision

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4379522/TacVision/%40TacVision_01.rar

Edited by Spliffz

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tacvision.png

@ Spliffz ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks Sonsalt6, much appreciated!

Also: updated OP with video.

Cool mod Spliffz but you should edit the video some. Thats a 6 minute video with about 30 seconds of relevance.

Thanks Redfield-77.

You're absolutely right. Guess that's what I get from being overenthusiastic :)

Removed it from topic till edited version is done (it's still on Youtube if anybody wants to see it).

*edit: Why do the tags get converted to on preview/post? Like to get that picture working...but it just won't? How...

Edited by Spliffz

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Sammael: You're welcome!

@FoxHoud: Thanks for putting it on Armaholic!

uhmm what about upload some video or screenshots so we could see what is it about? Thanks! :)

Downloaded your mod and been playing around with it and I really like it. I am however having two problems. GPS position does not show, it is just blank. I do have a GPS unit in my inventory. the direction, wind and clock all show fine. The other problem and this may be due to my screen resolution of 5760x1080 (running across 3 monitors) is on the target readout in the upper left corner the distance and speed are cut off about halfway through the text.

Other than those problems I do thank you for putting the effort into getting some use out of the tactical glasses.

uhmm what about upload some video or screenshots so we could see what is it about? Thanks! :)

but it's a bit long.. just skip to 3:15 and watch from there.

Downloaded your mod and been playing around with it and I really like it. I am however having two problems. GPS position does not show, it is just blank. I do have a GPS unit in my inventory. the direction, wind and clock all show fine. The other problem and this may be due to my screen resolution of 5760x1080 (running across 3 monitors) is on the target readout in the upper left corner the distance and speed are cut off about halfway through the text.

Other than those problems I do thank you for putting the effort into getting some use out of the tactical glasses.

I'm glad you like it. It could indeed be that is has to do with the resolution. It's build on 1920x1080 and aslong as the aspect-ratio is 16:9 it should work, but I've had other reports from other resolutions and aspect-ratio's too so I will look into it!

Could you maybe provide me with a screenshot of said GPS problem? As I can not reproduce it here without buying 2 extra monitors...

Quick question, is this a client or serverside addon?

I got this solved. when running at 5760x1080 and a triplehead setting of 16:3 the interface size has to be set to small or very small. on normal you encounter the problem that I was having.

Spliffz, do you use any other mods with this? Im using it with a unit repo and our heading works off and on. Wind direction has a > greater than symbol and GPS shows blank. Clock works just fine.

I'm guessing if there is another conflict with mod it would be CBA3 related.

Also has this been tested in multiplayer, are you up to comments and or grievances? Thanks.

Seems a little bit like XTacticalHud, and I guess both ideas here are sort of that Ghost Recon supersoldier idea with information. Pretty cool stuff. Might as well use the hypothetical technology considering the setting.

would be cool to get the ghost recon type red diamond on the screen to locate soldiers - only ones that are known; as in showing on the player map.

with higher difficulties where the map doesn't show enemies it might be a manual 'tag' target option like the command interface does with targeting commands.

how does this work with Servers set to not show units ? Are they now visible with the magic glasses on ?

Thanks

SJ

Magic glasses?? this mod is an overlay that shows you stats on the person your looking at... what do you mean not show units.. are they invisible? as stated the overlay simply shows some intel on what your looking at.

how is your server set to not show units?? do you mean map markers?? this doesnt affect your map. by what do you mean.

Edited by Lordprimate

how does this work with Servers set to not show units ? Are they now visible with the magic glasses on ?

Thanks

SJ

just stick to the original

Magic glasses?? this mod is an overlay that shows you stats on the person your looking at... what do you mean not show units.. are they invisible? as stated the overlay simply shows some intel on what your looking at.

how is your server set to not show units?? do you mean map markers?? this doesnt affect your map. by what do you mean.

I assume it's overlaying a graphic showing the position of an enemy unit - I pressumed this based on this part of the original post... "Target Recognition"

Forgive my use of the work Magic. Obviously I'm getting your back up for some reason ?

SJ

I assume it's overlaying a graphic showing the position of an enemy unit - I pressumed this based on this part of the original post... "Target Recognition"

Forgive my use of the work Magic. Obviously I'm getting your back up for some reason ?

SJ

It does just display an info box at the top of the screen, where the script "recognizes" what type/distance away an object is and displays the relevant information (as well as the GPS info and other things). There is a video by Spliffz that shows off the functions (starting at about 3:15) and a picture by sno250, both on page 2 of this thread (can't link yet, too new).

You Assume?? So wait you havent downloaded it and tried it???????

I think that it is quite reasonable to check out a mod before committing to downloading it, especially if you are running a server and there is a risk of mod conflicts/gameplay disruption when installing an untested mod (not directed to Spliffz of course, but in general).

Thanks guys. I couldn't get the video to play last night when I commented but did finally get it to run to the bit where it shows the info on the Helicopter etc. Very clever.

LP - I don't know what your beef is, but I'd suggest a chill pill - your aggression is un-pleasant.

Will watch to see how this develops.

Thanks

SJ

LOLZ at agression when asking two questions. I do apologize though I am of the opposite mind set, as in, ill download a mod and see what it does, before making any assumptions. Not everyone has the same MO. All apologize. We all know the saying with the word "Assume".