Gunter Severloh

[WIP] A3WarMod - a WarMod for Arma3

Update

Hi guys! Been a long time since my last post, I count .... 10 months! :blink:  Wow, I dedicated alot of time to my IFA3WarMod

Well Sunday I had released a new patch for that mod, and have plans for a couple more things for the mod yet, an Mp version which i been talking about forever, and a rebuild of the mod.

Now I'm posting an update here for A3WarMod because I want to let you guys know that I plan to start working on the mod again as the other mod is somewhat almost,

final aside a polish and another version so that leaves me some time for the modern version of my WarMod series which is imo very past due.

It will actually be much easier for me to build A3WarMod this time around as I can use my IFA3WarMod as a template,

here is basically a list of what i need to do to get this going:

• Test my current version of the mod and see how it fares, considering last I played Arma3 was about 3-5 versions back, yikes! :D
  • Do some new research as quite a number of new things have released, so this means I need to Ravage ;) Haleks :P  Armaholic again as well as get updates for any existing stuff (this will take the longest)
  • Most permissions have been acquired already so not much if anything to do there, permissions usually take on average 1-3 days - up to 3 weeks all depends
  • Readmes will be basic as i will be using my WarMod website( link in my sig) for all info on the mod (cuts out alot of work for me as readmes can get tedious and boring after a while)
  • Still need to setup a loading screen I already have a template for it, just need to decide on some pics, and a video as i plan to have a video play in the background like in my IFA3WarMod loading screen/vids - 1 for example
  • I'm also planning to record video demonstrations of the mod like I did for the IFA3 version, so i will have a section for A3WarMod as I do currently on my utube channel

About it for now, will post again with some more updates when i have them.

• Like 5

Update

Hey guys some news on the progress, heres where I'm at:

• Tested my current version of A3WarMod, came apon one error message i need to figure out I may have an idea what it is.
  • started doing research on armaholic for those addons and mods that I want to include in the mod - see below

The Research process of mods

When I research i start in the addons section, and go from category to category, yesterday i covered the Arma3 Gear section and found a few things I can add to the mod,

next will be Arma3 Miscellaneous which im about 2 pages in currently, which there is alot of cool stuff but Im looking for something specific for the mod.

The process for research follows the following guidelines i established years ago when i was building my COWarMod for Arma2CO, one of my more popular WarMods in 2011.

Guidelines - mod ideals that determine what goes into the mod

WarMod is a Run-n-Gun Realism mod

What that means is I look for the following types of mods when i research:

• Gameplay Functions Type 1 - that enhance your ability to better interact this applies mostly to infantry related play, but also covers planes, choppers, and possibly the sea (will need to look into the sea part as its new for me)
  • Gameplay Functions Type 2 - this has to do with the editor, so I look for those addons, mods that add more function, and options to the editor, and also to editing in general as this is where i spend all my time when I play.
  • Gameplay effects - that enhance your visual immersion, or fun of the game be it added smoke, blood, bleeding, dismemberment, explosion types, tracers, and possibly sounds but not sound overhauls (to big)
  • Fixes - any things that alter a function in terms of correcting it, balancing it, or overall just fixing something that is broke in the game, these will be rare if any
  • Ai enhancement - with this I usually choose 2 mods by default I feel work the best, but most of the AI stuff will be for customization where I will have a customization folder so you can swap out mods (i may use my website with links for this instead)

===============

Whats not added to the mod:

• Units
  • Weapons
  • Cars
  • Tanks
  • Planes

All content like this takes up to much room and may even hinder the performance of the mod, and with the massive amount of content

on armaholic to choose from adding content I like is not realistic or practical, as the mod is mainly geared for gameplay.

=============

Aside a couple new issues with my IFA3WarMod no thanks to game/mod updates :rolleyes: my main modding focus will be working on A3WarMod.

About it for now, will update again when i have more progress, possibly even some WIP videos ;)

• Like 5

After playing Arma 3 a lot I went back to A2 for awhile, using CoWarMod of course!  Long short I find that you ARE/were planning on doing A3WarMod.  Any news or update?   Thank you for all your hard work and I hope that I have just missed something because after reading about your plan I am Jonsing bad to try it.  MERCs with your mod would be fantastic!!! 

3 hours ago, milano said:

Any news or update?

Thanks for enjoying my mods, i wont play without them myself :D

As far as updates go, there are none in terms of A3WarMod as i have not been working on the mod since my last post here, but I do have plan, and heres how it goes.

Recently about 2-3weeks ago now, prob 3 I released a WarMod for IFA3, called IFA3WarMod which had its 14th update, v1.14 which was a full rebuild, i plan on doing one small update on that mod

which just brings some addons in it to their latest versions, aside that for me I'm rather tired of working on it and theres not to much more i can add to it as the mod is more specific to a WW2 genre.

My next mod which im currently working on and off is a mod called RavWarMod (linked in my sig) and of course that will be a mod customized for Ravage mod,

after this will be A3WarMod.

Now why in this order?

Because IFA3WarMod has a large base of addons and mods that work in arma3 in general, they dont depend on IFA3 or anything else other then CBA,

so this mod's work is added to RavWarMod, and after RavWarMod release, this mod gets added to A3WarMod, so each mod creates like a template, and a build for the next mod, which takes

the workload off my hands as its already been done in the previous mod, so thats the rough idea of how and when the mod will built.

Right now whats keeping me preoccupied aside work/overtime, and being tired from it, is 2 other huge projects, and 1 small one, so i got alot of things going,

and it comes down to a matter of motivation for one or the other.

• Like 2

I appreciate the good news!  I was worried that you had postponed due to a lack of interest, the time and motivation I TOTALLY get.  As a self employed cattle rancher I have more to do than time in the day.  Add to this my 4 year old just got his tonsils removed and my wife is slammed at work, I am only able to play ARMA now because I am stuck at home with a kid and ALOT of rain.

In summery, got it!  Keep up the good work and I hope that by the next time either one of my sons or I get laid up with an injury, you will have released it!

Welcome, sounds like you got your hands full, lol Well at least your able to play.

7 hours ago, milano said:

I was worried that you had postponed due to a lack of interest

Ya partly, but mostly because i never really play Arma3 itself, other then with Ravage mod, I've always been a big supporter of Iron Front and the IFA2 and IFA3 versions, and since

I had a WarMod for both of those, i just been constantly on top of them. Now that my latest mod has been updated to death, and im getting bored of it tbh, i need a change of scenery as its been

nothing but Iron front this and Iron front that for the past 3+yrs, so really the interest was elseware.

In due time after I get the current mod im working on completed then A3WarMod will be next!

• Like 1

Ya down the road a bit, I rarely if ever play Arma3 itself, everything im playing is WW2 related Arma3 or other game.

Welcome to Bis forums btw :)

It can be cool to implent some GL4 feature from A2 for the AI, its the best AI mod for me...  VcomAI its a cool mod but that impact too much on the performance, Group link do the job with a better result on perf.

The AI rearm, get in the vehicle, player or AI can simulate death, AI ask for support (mortar, CAS...) and react on player action, they are easely configurable just need to put few module on the map and that work.

A guy has started to port GL4 to A3 (GL5) but i think the project has been canceled

Ya i know about all the AI mods, but for when i do build a WarMod which i do have one i built and play with currently, it wont have any AI enhancements in it,

i leave my AI compilation list open for the community to choose what they want.

My main focus with WarMod is about function and gameplay with and around the player character, all the extra stuff, is just that extra, really depends.

I still am planning on building this WarMod, one im running currently when i play is pretty awesome but its not a full version of what i want to do here, its a build i been working on for the past year.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:55 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Thanks for enjoying my mods, i wont play without them myself 😄

As far as updates go, there are none in terms of A3WarMod as i have not been working on the mod since my last post here, but I do have plan, and heres how it goes.

Recently about 2-3weeks ago now, prob 3 I released a WarMod for IFA3, called IFA3WarMod which had its 14th update, v1.14 which was a full rebuild, i plan on doing one small update on that mod

which just brings some addons in it to their latest versions, aside that for me I'm rather tired of working on it and theres not to much more i can add to it as the mod is more specific to a WW2 genre.

My next mod which im currently working on and off is a mod called RavWarMod (linked in my sig) and of course that will be a mod customized for Ravage mod,

after this will be A3WarMod.

Now why in this order?

Because IFA3WarMod has a large base of addons and mods that work in arma3 in general, they dont depend on IFA3 or anything else other then CBA,

so this mod's work is added to RavWarMod, and after RavWarMod release, this mod gets added to A3WarMod, so each mod creates like a template, and a build for the next mod, which takes

the workload off my hands as its already been done in the previous mod, so thats the rough idea of how and when the mod will built.

Right now whats keeping me preoccupied aside work/overtime, and being tired from it, is 2 other huge projects, and 1 small one, so i got alot of things going,

and it comes down to a matter of motivation for one or the other.

Keep it up the good work!

I using for years the COSLX in ArmA2:CO and is stunning.
I really didnt like the A3 (wtf is that ragdoll physics?), but my squad friends wants to try it and i was searching for SLX to A3, and found that post.

I NEED THIS MOD!!! lol

@Madvad Thanks for the support, and glad you like my COSLX, my COWarMod is better which has COSLX in it btw.

Just want to point out that you do realize what you quoted is from 2017 correct?

I stopped working on A3WarMod back in 2018 for the following reasons:

1. Its alot of work, to create a compilation mod because of the amount of testing, gathering permissions, and writing up readmes, or functional documentation.

2. There were a few mods i have in the mod that i was unable to get a hold of the authors to get permission as that is a requirement.

3. The other thing is even though my IFA3WarMod has alot of mods in it which i have permissions for, A3WarMod i was planning on releasing on steam workshop

and thing with that is i need to recontact every author for those mods i plan to have in A3WarMod and get their blessing so to speak, their ok, their permission ect,.

to allow me to have their mod in my mod on the Steam workshop, so there is alot of research again, and chasing just for that.

4. I lost interest in building mods, right now i dont and cant get enough play time in to justify building one, only because of my full time job

as of last week im working 12-13hr days with a 50/50 chance of working on Saturdays too which i did last Sat 🙄 so little time during the week.

5. Lastly im working on 3 other projects, one currently you can see linked in my sig at the top.

=========

A3WarMod idea

An idea i had in mind is i could if your interested, and this goes for anyone else is i can create a list with links of all the addons and mods in my current latest

build of A3WarMod, as i have in the past year and since summer have been tweaking the mod for the sake of performance and features.

So what i'm proposing is to show you how to build the mod yourself, requires no coding skills, as its just compiling, but again i can list all those mods and show you how to

create a compilation mod that i was building.

Let me know what you and anyone else thinks

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

@Madvad Thanks for the support, and glad you like my COSLX, my COWarMod is better which has COSLX in it btw.

Just want to point out that you do realize what you quoted is from 2017 correct?

I stopped working on A3WarMod back in 2018 for the following reasons:

1. Its alot of work, to create a compilation mod because of the amount of testing, gathering permissions, and writing up readmes, or functional documentation.

2. There were a few mods i have in the mod that i was unable to get a hold of the authors to get permission as that is a requirement.

3. The other thing is even though my IFA3WarMod has alot of mods in it which i have permissions for, A3WarMod i was planning on releasing on steam workshop

and thing with that is i need to recontact every author for those mods i plan to have in A3WarMod and get their blessing so to speak, their ok, their permission ect,.

to allow me to have their mod in my mod on the Steam workshop, so there is alot of research again, and chasing just for that.

4. I lost interest in building mods, right now i dont and cant get enough play time in to justify building one, only because of my full time job

as of last week im working 12-13hr days with a 50/50 chance of working on Saturdays too which i did last Sat 🙄 so little time during the week.

5. Lastly im working on 3 other projects, one currently you can see linked in my sig at the top.

=========

A3WarMod idea

An idea i had in mind is i could if your interested, and this goes for anyone else is i can create a list with links of all the addons and mods in my current latest

build of A3WarMod, as i have in the past year and since summer have been tweaking the mod for the sake of performance and features.

So what i'm proposing is to show you how to build the mod yourself, requires no coding skills, as its just compiling, but again i can list all those mods and show you how to

create a compilation mod that i was building.

Let me know what you and anyone else thinks

Hello again!
Yes I noticed the post is old already, but I try because I have interest in find something nice like the COSLX did form me in the OA.

I had amazing hours in ArmA2: CO with friends, porting maps like Patrol Ops, Evo (by Hohei) to terrains like Fallujah, Aliabad, Lingor and etc and using the COSLX, ACE and Zeus_AI+ASR..
I dont have any kind of skills to work with codes, I basically work in the game editor to create bases and stuffs, and change the unit/objects classnames to the correct ones.

I know what you passing working so hard, believe me.
But we need something to relieve the stress, and I like to shoot ISIS and talibans! LOL

I admit, I dont like the A3 like the OA.
I miss the gunsight, the ragdoll is bizarre and etc, but my friends decided to try, so I was looking into find features from COSLX to A3, like the enemy actions, helping wounded, dropping smokes and etc...