Sign in to follow this  
barakokula31

[JOKE] BIS's/Be's evil ploy to earn more money from the community

Bohemia Interactive has ganged up with BattleEye in their newest ploy to earn more money from the community!

Read more: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bohemia-Interactive/internet/Bohemia-Interactive-ARMA-3-uses-Battleye-to-globaly-ban-players-with-no-reason-forcing-th-1132634

Also: http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/11/558747287712160982/ (the last post)

Disclaimer: I didn't make that post or the rip off report.

P.S. Ploy? Is that even a word?

Lol, that's just ridiculous (the word is plot, isn't it ?).

Ploy is an actual word, apparently, though plot is used more often.

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

For anyone interested, here's another amusing thread.

I love the last post "Unfortunately, I'm too young to afford a lawyer..." :p

EDIT: Again, the same person threatening to sue BIS because of their "ploy".

Edited by barakokula31

Wow...As if BIS is starving and needs money asap. OK lets assume for a second that there is indeed the possibility to get banned when not cheating. I´m sure that Battleye has logs on everythnig and the case could be solved quite easily. Am I right?

Wow...As if BIS is starving and needs money asap. OK lets assume for a second that there is indeed the possibility to get banned when not cheating. I´m sure that Battleye has logs on everythnig and the case could be solved quite easily. Am I right?

Yeah, BIS is in such a need of money that they're giving 500000€ away.

And yes, BE probably has logs, but most of those people claiming they're innocent or that it was a false positive are lying. I saw a thread on the Arma 3 forums on Steam once, someone was posting that they got banned for running Arma 3 on a virtual machine on a Mac or something (I don't get it, either). After two days of arguing, he finally admitted that he had a script injector, but he didn't use it.

The guys with VAC bans are especially trustworthy.

It's cheaper to get a new game than to hire a lawyer and litigate. Cheaters gonna cheat

Just got a PM today from a person whose name I won't mention:

Looking to pettition that battleye is permantly replaced from all ARMA:II/III aspects

I'm just looking to find a way to petition that Bohemia Interactive replaces Battleye with someone like PunkBuster of another reliable anti-cheat engine. I'm getting this message who has posted that they where falsely accused by Battleye to try to get rid of this heap of garbage called Battleye. I myself have actually been banned for some unknown reason. If you're interested in trying to take out the garbage PM me

"for some unknown reason"

Also, PunkBuster and reliable shouldn't be used in the same sentence ever.

about uknown reasons,

apart from fact that 99% of kids lie that they haven't used cheats, hacks, etc.

there is small part of players who indeed had problem "without their fault", such as:

- had virus

- had trojan/other malware,

- had been attacked by hackers (i read about few cases when hackers attacked servers and all people playing that day on that server had global ban later cause hacker applied group hack on group of players) ,

- had other pirated software which was found as "anti cheat" mechanisms as malware,

- have "PC optimalization" software, some such issues are described by players, that "PC optimalization" soft can cause ban as "cheating mechanism", i also use PC-clean software " Easy-Cleaner2.0" which my IT-department guys hate for some reasons cause it can clean registry too, if someone uses VGA or CPU boosters , I do not know how it works, but it was reported as one of causes of VAC bans (those people were not buyin cheats from hackers on dayz servers),

from some months of cooperation with Martin and Alex (Taviana island, Origins dayz mod) i know that Arma engine has some holes in protocol (at least coders claim it) and is not hacker proof like engine of Battlefield, CounterStrike, CallOfDuty (quoting from Alex, main coder of Origins mod, one of coders working on STALKER game, he is not newbie in coding), so there might been situation when hacker hacks protocol during connection, make something and people get global ban for cheating (cause hacker gave them sniper rifle to inventory for joke, i read about group of over dozen players who were attacked and hacker gave everyone sniper rifle , in some minutes all get global ban) ,

also important is how works mechanism of issuing global ban on player, is it free from "angry individual who is admin on one server and apply such ban to player he doesn't like" or not , I am not coder, I cannot answer it,

for sure with popularity of Arma (due to dayz) there came problems , cause with popularity non-mature players came , lots of hackers came (hackers wanna make someone problem or simply earn money on blackmailing server admins that they will attack unless they are paid and legal hunting them is problem cause they are from different countries, even if you will find IP , than what you can do with guy from USA , Russia, China, if you are not citizen of this country and/or server is in other country for example virtual server is in UK, hacker was from US and you live in Spain or you live in Czech, server is in Arab Emirates, hacker was from China, local police refuse, attorney want 10 000 USD for case),

apart from majority of cheaters who lie they don't use cheats in multiplayer (maybe they are 99% maybe 99.9%, i canot tell), we have global cyber-crime issue growing with growth of internet/PC usage worldwide, one antivirus founds trojan, another antivirus not, when you have 3 antiviruses they collide with each other etc. someone can attack router , we do not know what TOR users can apply on moment-IP of other PC etc.

so I would be far from saying that all 100% of those people are "cheaters", maybe 99%, maybe 99.8% but not all 100% ,

fact is that probably all of those people who have ban/issue are from dayz/life servers, probably not from "military" servers (which hackers hardly attack cause "they are boring" or not public, clan-only , password for clan members, majority OFP clans i remember were friends who share password and they had no attacks, dayz is global public worldwide community with DDOS from time to time without any password to enter play, without any clan-only acces to host),

probably lots of dayz/life servers have hacker attacks, infections , trojans etc. some mods might have some weird code on servers (written not proper way by hobbyst)

p.s.

I remember situation when in dayz Origins Alex banned one hacker 10 time, and this hacker said on Teamspeak "hahahah, i have 120 CD-keys more, hahahaha, ban me"

if this guy had over 100 serials, does he stolen them ? does he generated them ? other players had stolen serials ? I reported to Dwareden some weeks ago websites claiming they have Arma key generator, so such keys can steal other legal serials or not and cause ban ? I do not know , I am not coder, but I found websites hosting Arma 2/3 serial generator which I reported immidiately, but also BIS has problem how to hunt for such guys who are from abroad,

how can you hunt for hacker who attacked DayZ server etc.

call FBI ? "one American attacked our game server cause IP is from USA", they will ask if you are US citizen that suffer, you answer NO, case closed,

call Russian Police ?they will refuse, call Isreali Police ? call Chinese ? call Arab ?

call Polish police "i am moder for game, someone attacked our server" , "is dammage bigger than 60 Euro?" "no" "buahahahaha" and call ends,

Edited by vilas