Hi welcome to Bis forums, I cant really help you in this, best you ask in the section.

sorry if I am asking at a wrong place and the question is stupid, but can someone advice me is there any "better" option than just "seek and destroy" waypoint? 

AI just goes, engages only a few hostile and then walks randomly at totally wrong destinations. 

is it possible to script "seek and destroy" and make the waypoint more "aggressive" ?

Review the list for waypoints, either use the 1st post listing or the 2nd they both have subjects covering waypoints.

Hi.

I have problem, my restart command don't work.

_shutdownSuccess = "[server rcon password]" serverCommand "#restart";

in log:

Failed attempt to execute serverCommand '#restart' by server.

Do you know how to fix this problem?

Srry for my bad eng.

Thanks.

Update

New threads:

added to AI Actions

• Force AI to spray machine gun?

added to AI & Waypoints

• Make AI walk to an exact spot
  • AI (In Vehicles) Following Roads

added to AI Spawn & respawn

• Cant get a ai squad to get deleted
  • Make AI disappear and reappear

added to AI Squad Command/Guides

• Disabling Radio Chatter
  • Preventing AI group leaders from issuing orders?

added to AI Skill

• How to change AI skill now?

added to AI & buildings

• make (force) Ai stay in building

Update

:face_palm: this thread is fucked up............................again thanks for the updates! WTF! :smash:

Heres the situation, what you see on the 1st post is not missing as when you edit it the thread the whole list is there, but in messed up boxes that i cant figure out how to move the sections over to be aligned with the rest.

So I saved the list, and am going to rebuild the thread which is just a matter of removing the existing, fixing what i have saved then pasting it, then adding the colors, and spoilers ect,.

Sorry for the inconvenience, maybe when its done because of the new forum upgrade the thread will turn out better, I will get it fixed up this week!

• Like 1

Update

So far I need to do the following:

• Finish readding a couple of category titles
  • 2 category sections need to be checked to make sure they have the right category
  • Bold remaining titles
  • add spoilers so you dont have to scroll
  • check links to make sure they are all using tiny url which i know one of them so far isn't

Almost done!

• Like 2

Just wanted to thank you for your hard work. It is appreciated immensely.

Thanks Valken, I enjoy doing this, and supporting my favorite game and community!

Got more done this morning, the addons and mods section is finished for the bolding, resizing, and the color adjustments,

will finish up the thread when i get home in the morning.

Update

This:threadjacked::face_palm:

I have the thread completed except the spoilers,  i added a spoiler using code not the button and it added 3 spaces in between each listing for the

Addons & mods, and some how it extended it to the scripts too when i didn't put the spoilers there, WTF!

I'm done with this til the forum fuckover and fixing is done, i cannot work like this, this has been nothing but a headache for me,

obviously the forum upgrade is still WIP and isn't supporting members like myself whom use threads to build references for the community,

so I will wait to finish this until its fixed before the thread gets messed up even more.

Another upgrade like this and im not redoing it, i been banging my head for the past days that i been working on this, first trying to save and discovering

the forum logged me out, so ended up redoing the thread like WTF. Time to go find something else to do which aint here.

• Like 1

Update

Took another crack at this, figured out what I had to do with the spoilers still looks like crap imo, i like the previous look better for the spoilers.

Anyways the list has been fixed, all titles, categories, bolding, underline, color, and text size had been readded accordingly.

Complete.

Welcome.

Tiny update, I adjust some spacing issues between titles and spoilers.

I should have a small update coming this weekend.

Update

added - Script

• Fleeing Civilians

Added - Threads - AI Helicopters & Jets

• Cant get ai to board the extraction heli
  • How to pick up AI while hovering?

Added - thread - AI Spawn & Respawn

• What if I don't want AI to spawn in formation?

Added - threads - AI Actions

• Make opfor turn into captive / surrender?

• I have AI "surrender" but he won't move once he joins my group?

Misc:

• Adjusted spacing on a couple listings
  • Fixed link on 1st post that points to the 2nd page listing

Note: these additions are on the 2nd page listing

This is great.  Anyone have experience trying to get the Combatant Detection script or something similar working on a multiplayer server?

Update

Added new thread to AI Spawn & Respawn

• Sector Control and AI spawn?

Added new threads to AI Actions

• make AI shoot unarmed "civilian" player if he gets too close
  • how to you stop AI units from using a empty vehicle on the map.

Update

added to AI & Vehicles

• How to get AI to drive on roads

added to Mission Editing & Scripting

• Will splitting AI owner between players increase performance?
  • an init for AIs

added to General

• Scrap the AI System

added to AI Spawn & Respawn

• AI spawning after enabling trigger/waypoint

added to Scripts

• Incon Undercover
  • JBOY Boat Random Patrol

2nd page listing updated.

Hi,

Is there an addon/a mod/a script, in which you can adjust AI Subskills ingame on the fly for official missions & campaign ("The East Wind", Showcase missions) and not only for custom missions - I've tried this here, but it doesn't seem to work: (couldn't find the setting sliders anywhere ingame)

SL's AI Skill Setter

I also would like to know, if it is possible to create an AI script (again, for both custom and official missions) on my own - by creating a global init.sqf file, which gets applied once I start Arma 3 (before even starting a mission!)

Currently, I'm running 3 AI mods along with other mods:

- Advanced AI Command

- C2: Command & Control

- bCombat (Steam Workshop version)

The 4th mod would be the AI Skill Setter (or an equivalent mod/addon with the same function). Are these mods compatible with each other?

Thanks,

T.S.O.M.

6 hours ago, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

Is there an addon/a mod/a script, in which you can adjust AI Subskills ingame on the fly for official missions & campaign ("The East Wind", Showcase missions) and not only for custom missions - I've tried this here, but it doesn't seem to work: (couldn't find the setting sliders anywhere ingame)

I also would like to know, if it is possible to create an AI script (again, for both custom and official missions) on my own - by creating a global init.sqf file, which gets applied once I start Arma 3 (before even starting a mission!)

For both questions, I'll give you something i use in all my missions, and it should work with any mission you play that is of course theres nothing in the mission with anything that changes the AI's skills in another fashion.

heres what you do:

1. Create a notepad document

2. Name it: init.sqf

3. Copy n paste the following code in it:

[] spawn {
while {true} do {

{
_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.5];
_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.2];
_x setSkill ["general", 0.5];
_x setskill ["reloadSpeed",0.5];
_x setskill ["endurance",0.7];
_x setskill ["courage",0.6];
} forEach allUnits;
sleep 30;
}
};

4. Save, and put into your mission folder where the mission.sqm is located.

===============

what it will do is adjust all spawned aI at the start of the mission and set their skills on the numbers listed, the lower the number the lesser their skill,

increase the numbers the better the AI are. i use this mainly because i dont want the AI to kill me in 1 shot, dont take those numbers to lightly they basically give the Ai a 1 and 5 shot to hit you,

so what that means is, for every 1 to 5 shots they fire at you they will hit you with one, and the closer they are that number reduces.

Currently, I'm running 3 AI mods along with other mods:

- Advanced AI Command

- C2: Command & Control

- bCombat (Steam Workshop version)

The 4th mod would be the AI Skill Setter (or an equivalent mod/addon with the same function). Are these mods compatible with each other?

Your research on them should tell you that they are or are not, you have 2 mods for AI command, their can be a conflict there, bcombat is sp mod, that does certain

things but from what i remember dont effect skill so much rather how they respond.

As for the 4rth use the code i posted above.

Overall this thread is really a reference thread, not meant of full discussions or questions about AI, I used to know alot about AI but cannot really help anymore in terms of giving

information or compatibility as im not into it like i used to be, your best to review the threads lists, and then ask questions on the appropriate threads, or create your own

thread for subjects that hasn't been asked already. Hope that helps.

On 27.2.2017 at 3:39 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

4. Save, and put into your mission folder where the mission.sqm is located.

===============

There is no "mission.sqm" file anywhere - neither in my profile folder (Documents and Settings\Arma 3 - Other Profiles) nor in the Arma 3 game folder (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3)! As far as I understand, a "mission.sqm" file is generated for custom missions *or* if a mission was edited in the Eden Editor:

Mission_Editor:_External - BI Wiki

Besides that, I have to say again, that I need to get the script to work for the official campaign and missions ("The East Wind", Showcase missions). The only relevant file I have found so far is "campaign.sqc" (located in "Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[Profile Name]\Saved\A3\Missions_F_EPA\Campaign" and "Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[Profile Name]\Saved\A3\Missions_F_Bootcamp\Campaign")

Overall this thread is really a reference thread, not meant of full discussions or questions about AI

I only asked for help because I couldn't find what I was looking for in the starting post on Page 1...

T.S.O.M.