Sign in to follow this  
JRobin

[WIP] AAF Redux Project

Isn't better to place the Marksman with a vest to ? or at least a chest rig? the marksman is different from the sniper, he will go in to the combat with his squad, he will need body armor like the others

I like the idea, but maybe the uniform camo look a bit too dark for my taste. Looks to me a bit more like African camo instead of Mediterranean.

Isn't better to place the Marksman with a vest to ? or at least a chest rig? the marksman is different from the sniper, he will go in to the combat with his squad, he will need body armor like the others

That's a good point!

The only clash, is that most reservists don't actually have a protective vest. I will most likely use an LBV or tac-vest for him, though! But the idea behind the reservists not using the high-end ballistic vests, is, if you think about it, they just had a brutal civil war. So brutal, in fact, that NATO peacekeepers were sent there. The monetary status of the Altian Republic is proooobably not the best right now, so the good stuff that they can afford, goes to their mainline troops. The aging and cheaper, less effective equipment would most likely go to their reservists, who scrap whatever they can together from the scraps left over by the Altian Infantry and Marines.

But, here's how he looks with the tan vest.

12mIrBel.jpg

Cheers! And thanks for the feedback!

Looking pretty good, the reservist are the ones that will respond if the army or navy needs more power right?

Id imagine it would be if they need more "meat for the grinder" they would call on the reservists

looking awesome so far, this should give the AAF more variety that they sorely need

A little bit of both. During the Civil War, I was thinking that it was the 'meat for the grinder' mentality. Now, after the war, and with tensions rising between NATO and CSAT, the reservists are being called upon to augment the regulars.

@MistyRonin - I might use that for the Marine branch! Thanks for the picture! Now to find more on my own... :P

One of the products of sitting in an empty conference room for thirty minutes.

mub6aXVl.jpg

AAF 9th Commando Group machinegunner on the prowl.

Will this replace the AAF in the campaign? I hope so

I don't think I'd be able to do that, sadly...sorry. :c

I don't think I'd be able to do that, sadly...sorry. :c

Damn this brings so much variety

Quick Update - 4/11/14

Alright, Mainline infantry forces are completed. This includes The First and Third Infantry division are ready for configs, as well as the 9th Commando group. The Reservists are being prepped for config.

As for additional content, we will post the plans for that over the weekend.

Quick Update 4/12/14

Configs for the Mainline infantry are complete. Working on the reservists currently.

And the OP has been updated with a quick teaser video for your viewing pleasure.

hmmm, i don't like the Brainbug vests but the mainline Infratny looking good altough the camo is a little bit darker which doesn't fit for altis (imo). The concept of the conscripts/reservist is nice but as i said, the vest is too much "future" because of CSAT, maybe you can use others from a2 or you can use the raven vest ?

hmmm, i don't like the Brainbug vests but the mainline Infratny looking good altough the camo is a little bit darker which doesn't fit for altis (imo). The concept of the conscripts/reservist is nice but as i said, the vest is too much "future" because of CSAT, maybe you can use others from a2 or you can use the raven vest ?

There will be three conventional units available. The 1st Infantry Division, who will be running modern weapons with woodland gear, the 3rd Infantry Division, who likewise will be equipped with the modern weapons, but will be using arid gear, then the Reservists, who will be utilizing aging weapons, and the camouflage you see in the video.

I forgot to add the Arid camo units to that video, and I haven't updated the OP with screens of them. But they do exist!

p1xDG6Pl.jpg

MPXJbipl.jpg

And as for the LBV, I was using those due to the fact that they are simple. They look to be based off of the A.L.I.C.E. gear from the Cold War era, almost. I for the most part, I was going to use the LBV for just the rifleman and grenadier for the reservists, tactical vests would then be found on most of the other men.

I think the reservist are better when using the same rifle that the FIA units use, it gives a reason for how the FIA are able to get them, and shows also that the Reservists are also dealing with a problem of personel constantly going rogue and go to either join the FIA or are just simply corrupt

Quick Update - 4/14/14

I realized I completely forgot to finish texturing the rifles. Configs have been put on hold, while I work on the weapons.

List of rifleman weapons-

Black FN-2000

TQv76WLl.jpg

Tan SF FN-2000

Dzz26Ktl.jpg

Woodland SF FN-2000

2WsH4A1l.jpg

Let us know what you think!

I personally love the new textures for the FN 2000. Now it feels more "real".

I personally love the new textures for the FN 2000. Now it feels more "real".

Thanks, Ronin! I actually JUST ran into a problem with them, though. ;-;

SBhKgxSl.jpg

Yeeeeeaaaaahhh...if someone could fire me a PM about how to fix that, that'd be great.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if I should add new textures for instance on the Mk 200 LMG. Leave it the tan color for the 3rd, but for the First, make it black. Then trick it out, all tacticool style for the SF operators.

Quick Update - 4/17/14

Fixed the rifles' slot configs, with some help. So those are done. Back to working on infantry configs.

Here's a screen of the fixed F2000.

z5w3YCCl.jpg

As always, let me know what you think!

Great progress, keep up the great work :)

I think the reservist are better when using the same rifle that the FIA units use, it gives a reason for how the FIA are able to get them, and shows also that the Reservists are also dealing with a problem of personel constantly going rogue and go to either join the FIA or are just simply corrupt

I sincerely apologize for not responding to this post, I have no earthly idea how I missed it...

Anyway, the reasoning behind the Reservists not being issued the TRG series of rifles, is the TRG series (Or the Tavor-21/TAR-21) is made out of composite materials, and includes multiple features that would drive the price to be around the equivalent of the Mk.20 (FN2000) assault rifle. For these Reservists, they are issued aging, relatively inexpensive equipment that basically can get the job done (If you try hard) and not much else. I honestly don't know how the FIA insurgents acquired their stock of the Israeli-made rifle, it's quite possible that since the Merkava and Namer were apparently license built by NATO member nations in the Armaverse, some of said licensed equipment found its way to the FIA during the Altian Civil War.

For all we know, the U.S. might have returned to the 1980's style Foreign Policy of Containment, and shipped weapons and money to FIA to replace the Altian government with a U.S./NATO friendly government! What scandal! :p

well personnely, i found the guns out of place considering its far into 2035, and such a gun would be considered out of place and as effective as tring to calm a bear with peanuts, but if thats what you intend to do, its your mod :)

well personnely, i found the guns out of place considering its far into 2035, and such a gun would be considered out of place and as effective as tring to calm a bear with peanuts, but if thats what you intend to do, its your mod :)

Having in mind that most of the armies in the world nowadays use weapons and old vehicles some of them with more than 50 years of age.

In actual wars like in Somalia or Afghanistan there have been found even weapons with more than 100 years...

Hey guys. Just a quick post giving an update. The redone FN2000 rifles are finished. A few weapons are being added to bolster the reservist subfaction. Other than that, not much to report. Sorry for the bad formatting.