Sign in to follow this  
JRobin

[WIP] AAF Redux Project

CURRENT STATUS OF MOD - 8/16/2014

Well, due to life kicking me in the crotch, I had to put the mod on hiatus until I had that sorted out.

With everything sorted, I was preparing to dust off the mod and get back to working on it. I started a few days back, trying to get re-done texture on for the AAF Infantry. I noticed that my computer was running a little slower for some reason. I turned it on today, and windows crashed. I've done everything I could to try and get any data off it, the AAF mod being most important after a few personal things.

Unfortunately, I could not.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AM STOPPING.

On the contrary. I intend to turn this setback into an opportunity, using this new start to try and improve the textures with knowledge I've gained over the past few months, to try and make this mod the best it could possibly be.

In closing, I apologize for the severe delays. I intend to pace myself, and release semi-regular updates.

I will respond to any inquiries about the mod as best I can.

Edited by Shtebbie

Alternative AAF pattern looks really good! perhaps make it a tad lighter and add some brownish-tan bits here and there. Certainly better than default AAF camo, which stands out horrendously in pretty much every environment besides dense jungle.

Certainly better than default AAF camo, which stands out horrendously in pretty much every environment besides dense jungle.

I agree, hence the attempt. And for making it lighter, I'm working on that as we speak, actually. And I'll work in some brown and see how that works!

Alright, after two Monsters, a facedesk, and two more hours of trying to figure out why it won't brighten, I finally got it to do so.

Although, it seems a little too bright to me.

aMdfQQMl.jpg

Here it is in broad daylight, on the Stratis airfield.

InACnCal.jpg

Here, though, in the forests outside of Mike-26, it actually looks decent.

Let me know what you think, and how you believe I can improve!

I think your original green was good...but keep the rest lightened. My 2 cents.

I think your original green was good...but keep the rest lightened. My 2 cents.

What do you mean by 'original green', the whole camo, or just one aspect of it? If you meant the whole camo, I can do both patterns. I've still got the old one saved.

Sorry I was a bit vague there.

-I'd keep the darker green color from your first version....in the second one. You lightened up the rest which is fine but the green looks too light IMO.

-I'd keep your first version camo "as is" for a camo#2. I think its good.

it seems a little too bright to me.

http://i.imgur.com/aMdfQQMl.jpg

Let me know what you think, and how you believe I can improve!

Yeah the green is a little too bright. Try and subdue it a little more and bring down the saturation. Like CT said, try to take the green from the first camo, specifically the green tint on the "chest stripe", and apply it to the new camo. Once you do that it'll literally be perfect.

Alright, been tinkering, trying to get it the way you recommend.

j45rdv6l.jpg

(Remember, to view the image in a larger format, remove the 'l' before the .jpg.)

And it's been pointed out to me that I misspelled 'Retexture' in the title of the thread. I am ashamed.

I have brought great dishonor upon my family. :(

ANYWHO, Let me know what you think! Once I get the uniform all straightened out, I'll work on the vest.

It reminds me of a darker Dual Tex Urban.

US%201977%20Dual%20Tex%20Urban.jpg

True, but the Dual Tex Urban looks like it'd be better suited for field terrain situations.

Also, this-

4Ka90Col.jpg

Works like a charm in woodland.

True, but the Dual Tex Urban looks like it'd be better suited for field terrain situations.

Also, this-

http://i.imgur.com/4Ka90Col.jpg

Works like a charm in woodland.

Nice! You should consider making a replacement config for AAF guys.

First off, before I get into doing replacements, I was just going to make them a simple addon. I'm currently working on getting the infantry into the game.

Was just testing out a quick texture for the Mora.

I am of the mind that, yes, digital camo is good for infantry. But for vehicles...not so much. SO, I was thinking about maybe using a MERDC style camo for the AAF vehicles, that better match the terrain of Alits/Stratis. Here's my first, quick side attempt.

dNJwq1Jl.jpg

Tell me what ya think!

This actually looks really sweet, I love that vehicle pattern.

Someone on my Steam list demanded more dirt. So I'll share it here too!

7BM4qsgl.jpg

QxCmNeIl.jpg

Also, I've been working on the Strider. It took me thirty seconds from looking at it in-game to realize the 'nose' is mirrored left to right. So now it looks like a cow skull is on the hood! Anywho, like always, give me your feedback, advice, and constructive criticism!

Alright, so I have a buddy helping me with this. He's working on a slightly different variant of the MERDC pattern. Pictures are huge, so I'm just going to have links.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh554/TehFocus/2014-04-02_00004_zps6ba7d5a6.jpg

The...racks? WIP.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh554/TehFocus/2014-04-01_00006_zpsac3af4e8.jpg

Nose of the Gorgon. WIP.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh554/TehFocus/2014-04-02_00001_zps148abce3.jpg

Some more progress.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh554/TehFocus/2014-04-02_00003_zpsb1435ea6.jpg

Rear of the Gorgon, WIP.

Like always, tell me what you think! If you have any tips, ideas, or suggestions for him, I'll be sure to let him know. More pics of what I'm working on are coming soon!

Textures for the Kuma have been fixed.

zL5opyll.jpg

Edited by Shtebbie
Updating

(This post is outdated. See OP for current Roadmap.)

And a teaser of the M113 texture-

SJNDPN4l.jpg

Have a nice evening/morning.

Edited by Shtebbie
To deny confusion.

Nice. The camo is amazing and thank you for adding new vehicles, i think these vehicles fit well for AAF. keep it up

Hey all, quick update. Got the textures for all the land vehicles that will be in the first release mostly done.

xGFwyzwl.jpg

pW6T1wHl.jpg

d9D680el.jpg

pTQCb4Ml.jpg

a5zRcjbl.jpg

And just because I got bored at 2 A.M. this morning.

Lastly. If anyone would care to give me a little bit of help on configs, please, send me a PM. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, and will be listed in the credits appropriately.

Original post has been updated with new information and screenshots.

Quick update

The Arid special forces uniform is currently being tested. Here are some quick screens.

jR6k2Gil.jpg

Z2DKMLIl.jpg

This is the first version of the SF uniforms. There will be woodland, arid, and mix.

The mainline infantry will have two versions of camouflage. Woodland and Arid.

Anyway, enough jabbering for now. Time to get back to work.

Quick Update - 4/9/14

I have finished the uniforms for the 9th Commandos. Currently working on the Reservists.

l3l9dAjl.jpg

A cocky reservist models for the camera.

T64w7zjl.jpg

A hastily assembled search party nervously search for an insurgent marksman.

Let me know what you think, and be sure to leave some suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticism!

Quick Update - 4/10/14

Been working on the classes for the Reservists. So far I've got the Squad Leader, the Machinegunner, the Marksman, and the Rifleman.

Squad Leader

m90cIf6l.jpg

Machinegunner

D7pyWQTl.jpg

Marksman

8U8DoKll.jpg

Feel free to post constructive criticism, ideas, and suggestions!