Sign in to follow this  
DieselJC

Disable AI in Editor?

Everytime I go in to preview the misson in the Editor I have 40 or 50 AI running all over the base..some missions they don't.

Currently I am trying to Edit Invade and Annex and everytime I make a change at base I go in to check it and have to deal with all of the AI..is their anyway to disable them?:confused:

JC

I don't know of anyway that you can disable AI in the editor preview, all I know is how to disable them on the multiplayer server via the init.sqf code line:

disableAI = true;

Thanks for the reply...just a little annoying dealing with all the AI everytime I want to check something..lol.

JC

I don't know of anyway that you can disable AI in the editor preview, all I know is how to disable them on the multiplayer server via the init.sqf code line:

disableAI = true;

You probably meant Description.ext, not init.sqf?

Yeah, I don't think it's possible (I've been editing for years, and never heard of anything like that). The best way to do it is to put in the units at the end.

For editor preview and testing just put a trigger on the map with

condition: !(isMultiplayer)

activation: {if !(isPlayer _x) then {_x setdamage 1}} forEach allUnits;

When it is a multiplayer-only map, you don't have to remove that trigger in your final map.

Edited by RogueTrooper

Thanks fior the replies!

Thanks Rogue I'll give that a try..really appreciate the help!

JC

Have you tried the MP Editor?

Load up the game, select multiplayer and select new.

Then load the mission you want to work on (you will have to copy the mission and scripts from missions to mpmissions

I am sure you get the unit selection screen and briefing just like in MP gameplay, it will also allow you to test respawn if you need to.

I am pretty sure you only get AI if you enable them at the selection screen.

You probably meant Description.ext, not init.sqf?

Yeah sorry, brain gave out on me, thanks Magirot.

The old way was: Place a trigger covering all the playable units. Condition side of those units present, on act {deleteVehicle _x} forEach thislist

Deletevehicle ignores players.

Made in the office, may have mistakes.

Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it..I used Rogues trigger...about fell off my chair laughing when I watched all the AI fall over dead but it worked and at least they aren't runnin all over.!

Thanks agin for all the replies!

JC