Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Beyond Recognition

Its the missions where you're ordered to seize an outpost in a town. Suddenly the power is cut off and the town turns dark. Spec Ops floods the streets after a while, and you must hold the outpost. This mission is really difficult. I have done what's recomended: waiting for the enemy, rather than engaging them head to head and I'm doing that from the safety from an abandoned house overlooking the outpost.

The problem is that I only have one magazine (in this case 30 rounds). So I have to use single-bursts against these Spec Ops and it doesn't work well because they have body armor, and they are a lot more skilled than regular infantry.

I have tried to scavange dead bodies but they only have one magazine on them. Lack of ammo is the real problem because I have to think about every single bullet I fire.

If you can find a Titan, use it to blow up the incoming spec ops heli. If you can't, loot the dead bodies at the destroyed artillery or base. Wait for the friendly squad to come into the town and assist, then kill all the spec ops!

I find it easy to actually defend from the spec-ops. My issues start once I've killed the few around the HQ and you have to reach the crashed Blackfoot.

I just place all my squad in the buildings around windows and the problem solves itself. I barely have to fire a shot.

I finally managed to complete the mission. I never found any Titan though. Seems like my current tactic, to hide and to wait for the enemy wasn't actually the best one for me.

Instead, I re-located my team away from the place I was supposed to defend to the other side of the town. Then, I took pot-shots at the enemy. As soon as anyone of my team had fired a bullet I moved them to another position. This resultet that I found spare ammo aswell. It seems like it confused the AI because in the end they were spread out all over the town instead of focused on one point. Then when backup arrived it was easy.

Friendly reinforcements should deploy like 100m or more to south/SE. I wanted to go kill the incoming helicopter with PCML but reinforcements get wiped out as soon as you gain command of them.

So, I had to switch to RPG-42, hit the heli in flight (it took fair amount of reloads and was annoying) while getting shot by SF and then kill them.

Everything would be OK if FIA reinforcements would have the waypoint further away and you had time to order them to take cover.

Finished this mission last night after way too many reverts. I just wasn't prepared for the increased quality of the OPFOR, they're masters of the one-shot kill.

I misunderstood the objective at the HQ so I was desperately trying to interact with the laptop and the folder, not realising that it was a hidden Specop trooper that was required to trigger the next phase.

I loved the mission but the lack of ammo -- I wasted a lot of time trying to get my machine gunner a reload. There should be a reasonable amount of ammo to be found amongst the fallen.

I started mission fully armed, even with a PCML and Nightstalker scope. Ammo was therefore no issue. I always take great care equipping myself at base before mission.

Specops were clustered around the arty, and a few more came to the area after the vehicle was blown. My main concern was keeping my squadmates alive immediately after blowing the SP artillery. Then another squad of CSAT reinforcements (perhaps brought in by enemy heli?) attacked the enemy HQ after we secured it. After they were dispatched, there were no enemy encountered except the few AAF guys + vehicle which attacked the downed Blackfoot.

There was a bug at the HQ, where one of my squad got stuck between building and pickup truck. The reinforcing guerrilla squad came in the pickup after the HQ was secured, and parked on street near dumpster. One unit, which was in the nearby building, got stuck near dumpster because of the truck, and couldn't move no matter what orders I gave him (see image below). The truck should park in another location, not so close to the dumpster.

10ba25326492512.jpg