bockclockula

Loading addons takes extremely long

Not sure if this has been an issue for many people, but Arma 3 takes up to ten minutes to load addons.

After I boot up steam and hit "play game", the Arma 3 logo pops up with a loading bar underneath. It stops at "loading addons", and when I click the logo, my computer says Arma 3 has stopped working.

However, the game eventually launches after around ten minutes of inactivity. This only happens the first time I launch the game after I turn on my computer, and the game will relaunch without any waiting if I quit.

This started happening after downloading some heavy addons, such as A3MP and Massi's mods, but I've never heard the game taking this long to load from anyone else running the same mods.

Is there anyway to reduce loading times without deleting my addons?

Are you using Lao Fei Mao's bloodmist addon by any chance? That's the only addon I've used that causes startup to take 5+ minutes.

Nope, I tried uninstalling my addons one by one but the game only launched quickly when all were uninstalled.

What sort of drive do you have the addons installed on (and also your system specs) ? If you have an HD the thing that comes to mind are defragging it as many mods with updates might get split pretty quickly. If that fails maybe you could look at an SSD, or even a RAMDisk if you have enough RAM.

cj

Posting the addons you are trying to load would have been very helpful from the beginning.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30 GHz

Nvidea GTX 560ti

16GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance)

2.7TB HDD (1.1 TB used)

Target line is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

Right now I've deactivated and uninstalled most of my useless addons, and I'm just running the following:

-Alive

-A3MP

-Massi's Weapons and Units

-bCombat

-NATO/SCO reskins

-blastcore

-JSRS 2

-Bundeswehr

-RealArmor

-VTS WeaponResting

-TMR

-F/A-18 + SU-35

I don't enable my addons through launch parameters, but in the game itself with the expansions tab. Could that be a factor?

-Alive

-A3MP

-bCombat

-JSRS 2

what I'd question, but need to see your latest rpt with the issue occurring, you can find your rpt here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

I'm having the same issue, but even after uninstalling mods the game still stops at loading addons and takes 10 minutes, and this happens every time i launch the game, no matter if i had launched before

i have the same issue, it been over an hour, restarted 2 time both time over one hour.

the addon is capture the island.

also tryed with no addons and the same problem happens.

pc speks
gxt1080

intel i7 core 6700

ssd 500gb (arma 3 is on that)

32gb ram

all drivers are up to date 

I have this same issue.. but i have this problem with fresh install on our server.....

And i have no addons... and our dedicated box has good enough CPU & RAM....

Sooo how to fix it..