Αplion

Hellenic Armed Forces MOD - v2.1

ARMA3-03-28-201413-11-53_zps204343b4.jpg

This is the latest update (v2.1) for Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM) which includes Units - Weapons - Accessories - Crates.

In this update you will find completely reworked most of the Accessories (Optics) in 3D and 2D level as also some new ones.

One of the most significant change is now that this part of my MOD is compatible with ASDG Joint Rails (for Weapons and Accessories) so it is vital to also have this extra MOD installed in order for mine to work.

Notes :

- This version completely replaces all previous versions files and it comes as "modfolder ready" for your convenience.

- All relative classnames are referred into the "classnames.txt" file included

- Server key is included.

- All files are properly signed.

- Units of the MOD can be found as Independent and BLUFOR sides in game under "Hellas" faction.

- This MOD is only tested on ArmA 3 Stable Branch and no support will be provided for Dev Branch.

Changelog :

- Most of the Optic Accessories have been completely reworked (3D and 2D).

- Most Accessories and Weapons are now compatible with ASDG Joint Rails.

- More Items have been added into MOD Crates.

- Almost all weapons sounds are now unique and as these sounds have been provided by LordJarhead of JSRS MOD, all credits goes to him.

Primary Download Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/hz98h7keta1wd8l/@HAFM_A3_Weap_Acc_Units_v2.rar

Armaholic Link : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20288

Other MOD/Addon Required : ASDG Joint Rails .... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23242

File size : ~115 MB (compressed)

Aplion

EDIT

Weapons update patch fixing the sounds issue (occured after last BIS patch) plus splitting all weapons configs to separate pbo makinh easier any future updates ...

Download link (weapons only) : https://www.mediafire.com/?07bh9ihuq1blh3i

Armaholic page : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20508

Edited by Aplion

New mod or update v2.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hafm_a3.png

Edited by Sonsalt6

Thank you very much for sending us the release :cool:

Newest version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The Hellenic mod has made my ArmA3 experience worth buying. Even the porting of the A2 choppers was a good enough reason to keep pluging along. However, as time progresses, ArmA3 seems to becoming a mod war and lets see how many mods you can get on a server before it crashes.

With this latest update, you now require an additional mod, ASDG Joint Rails. I will just assume there is a grand reason and it makes what you guys have done with the Hellenic Mod that much better, yet when promted to add yet another mod, this ASDG Joint Rails requires 6 more. Where does it end..........

I understand that ArmA3 was released more vanilla then vanilla and this awesome community is what is building ArmA3, but is there an end to addon after addon after addon.

I want to keep up with this mod, it is the best thing out there IMO, but I have a group of guys that have many issues when it comes to addons and I endup working overtime trying to get everybodies computer synced. (thank goodness for teamviewer)

Be advised, this is NOT a complaint, this is not to disresspect your work. This is mearly a questionable querry on what I have noticed thus far with ArmA3.

Also on a side note without Armaholic, ArmA would not be chit......... Great work to all involved....

I understand that ArmA3 was released more vanilla then vanilla and this awesome community is what is building ArmA3, but is there an end to addon after addon after addon.

The problem is that most of the OFP/Arma series players are interested in play with actual armies, not half-futuristic mixtures.

Before mods use to be a complement of the main base game that acted as standard. With A3, certain mods are the 'basic/base game', and as there is no standard, so you end with packs of mods like AiA HQ that is composed by a dozen of mods with diferent requirements.

And all this, is a shame, because the A3 engine has improved a lot, but until BI releases some modern time dlc or expansion ( if they do ), we will have to rely in dozens of mods.

Great Mod! It´s awesome see realistic and ground level mod. Nice textures and units.

Any future addition? like your humvees, ch-47, UH-1 Iroquois, the M113 or the M901 ITV? Alive compatibility? Artillery and Tanks? I´m getting too greedy.

The helenic humvees in the independent has US forces, and in groups it will be great.

Cheers

Edit, Some feedback.

I have a bug, in the para units the helmet project a shadow in the horizontal and vertical center lines, when are crouch or prone.

In case you add the other vehicles to this mod,

The humvees are very tough, the tires (resist any bullet) and body itself. A dozen of grenades or mk19 make the job anyway.

The zeroing and reticle in the mk19 it´s rare to me, anyone else?

And the planes, the afterburner key collide with the right pedal key.

Edit 2: Some suggestion.

If you are considering any opfor for your Hellenic Army I would love to see the Turkey Army. According to wikipedia the use the same weapons (nato faction, US supplied them now with the new F35, and have the F4 and F16, both have hercules). The Aegean Army and the Aegean Dispute for example.

For the sake of the game, not to revive o reanimate any controversy or dispute within this two nation.

Edited by mrnchvs

@EaglemanGT ... many people in community have been asked me to make my mod compatible with ASDG Joint Rails in order all weapons and optics to be compatible with any other relative mod ... so I've their requirement fullfilled ... also, running the ASDG Joint Rails on my server, there is no more mods requirement (just the two main files of ASDG folder). In any case should be no problem for me to also make another config (optional) which will give the user the option to use my mod without any dependencies (I'll do that at next update).

@mrnchvs ... this one is just a part of my mod and it just includes the Units - Weapons - Accessories and Crates ... ofcourse there are a lot to be done in near future but keep in mind that I'm one man team so you must have patience.

Thanks for the feedback ... I'll look after that.

About Turkish Army ... no I can't do that as Greece and Turkey are both NATO allies in real ... in fact I don't want to be involved on any kind of ethnical discussions in here (which are possible to be caused by such an addon). I also believe that Turkish mod is more appropriate to release its country mod.

But ... I'm planning to release soon an OPFOR faction (fictional) more close to current era than these "alien" default OPFOR of A3 (no offence BIS) :)

btw ... the url link for the ASDG Joint Rails in my first post was wrong so I've update it (there was a missing number at the end).

Edited by Aplion

yet when promted to add yet another mod, this ASDG Joint Rails requires 6 more. Where does it end..........

That's not true. Perhaps you got confused by the fact that it provides some optional bonus configs for a few mods, but the core component, which HAFM requires, does not have any other dependency.

That's not true. Perhaps you got confused by the fact that it provides some optional bonus configs for a few mods, but the core component, which HAFM requires, does not have any other dependency.

Or perhaps he is confused by the list of mods supporting this system as it is written in Armaholic release page of ASDG Joint Rails mod :)

Hi

first off,i would like to say thank you for an excellent mod,the planes are main reason i downloaded,however i enjoyed the whole package.

2nd of all id like to say i have NOTupdated mod to current version,so if what im about to say has been addressed,my apoligies for posting the subject.

There seems to be a problem when placing down an empty one of your jets,and putting say,an OPFOR unit in it,and telling him go do a fly-by by those BLUFOR guys.The blufor on the ground(not blufor in a jet,your model or new bis one) do NOT engage your jet with an enemy in i,even if the said jet is shooting at the ground targets.The ground targets appear to try to lock on to your jet,but fail to fire,or scream "ENEMY".

Could you shed any light on why this is?

Thanks again for a great mod

@EaglemanGT ... many people in community have been asked me to make my mod compatible with ASDG Joint Rails in order all weapons and optics to be compatible with any other relative mod ... so I've their requirement fullfilled ... also, running the ASDG Joint Rails on my server, there is no more mods requirement (just the two main files of ASDG folder). In any case should be no problem for me to also make another config (optional) which will give the user the option to use my mod without any dependencies (I'll do that at next update).

No need for a different config of your Hellenic Mods. If all that is required is the ASDG Joint Rails and not the 6 other mods required with that, then I am all for what you have got now. Like I said before, The Hellenics are the reason I keep ArmA3

Hi

first off,i would like to say thank you for an excellent mod,the planes are main reason i downloaded,however i enjoyed the whole package.

2nd of all id like to say i have NOTupdated mod to current version,so if what im about to say has been addressed,my apoligies for posting the subject.

There seems to be a problem when placing down an empty one of your jets,and putting say,an OPFOR unit in it,and telling him go do a fly-by by those BLUFOR guys.The blufor on the ground(not blufor in a jet,your model or new bis one) do NOT engage your jet with an enemy in i,even if the said jet is shooting at the ground targets.The ground targets appear to try to lock on to your jet,but fail to fire,or scream "ENEMY".

Could you shed any light on why this is?

Thanks again for a great mod

Have a better look on my release post above mate ... this part of my mod only updating Weapons - Units - Accessories and Crates .... I haven't yet updated my aircrafts so you'll have to wait for this a little longer.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

No need for a different config of your Hellenic Mods. If all that is required is the ASDG Joint Rails and not the 6 other mods required with that, then I am all for what you have got now. Like I said before, The Hellenics are the reason I keep ArmA3

Believe me mate ... is just the ASDG Joint Rails required and no other mod except this.

Far from confused as you say. Ever since I have been playing ArmA (only since 2010), I have noticed that some mods require other mods to work. With ArmA3 and how it is being layed out, mods are now more present then ever, and my querry was about having a mod to run a modand where will it end. That's all, nothing more. And since the Hellenic Mod does not require me to obtain the other 6 that come with the ASDG, then I have absolutly no problem updating and it will make updating my group that much easier.

Thanks for your imput though, and not reaming me too hard. *cheers*

First of all thank you for such a great mod pack. I've been using it since the first release. I performed the v2.1 update yesterday from PWS but now my mission won't run. The file hafm_air.pbo is missing from the mod pack @HAFM_A3. It is not available on PWS. However it is on Armaholic, but it is separated from the rest of the mod now. The mod folder for this download is also named @HAFM_A3. This is really minor, but has caused some confusion with players. Do you plan on merging them back to one mod pack and making it available on PWS? Also PWS shows the first version of the mod folder @HAFM as a dependancy and shows it as installed after installing v2.1 even if it is deleted before installation. It has to manually be unchecked after installation even though I no longer have @HAFM in my game directory. That one is weird. It takes a little fancy footwork to get it all sorted. I really appreciate all the hard work and highly recommend this mod. Keep it up guys!

Thanks for the update mate, giving it a go now. Just a little note: I dont think removing hafm_air.pbo from v2.1 was a good move, as now Im left wondering were did the jets go. You should've kept all the pbo's present and change it when necessary, instead of leaving it out until it is updated. Less confusion in that case. :)

Guys ... I didn't say that you must remove any previous files ... I said that these files will replace any previous ones (I was speaking about same files).

Anyway ... this update only affects Units - Weapons - Accessories and Crates ... when I'll update the aircrafts there will use the same modfolder "@HAFM_A3" as now.

Ofcourse, for those who want to keep using the aircrafts till next update, best practice is to put their files into this folder.

btw ... you can still find the last version of the aircrafts here ... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23630

Very very very beautiful add-on...

I like it very much!

Grats!

:bounce3:

I didn't remove any files. PWS removed them. But what is really keeping people from joining our server is that @HAFM mod (the old version) shows up as part of our collection after installing the new version @HAFM_A3 and we no longer have old version. Leaving @HAFM checked in mod collection does not activate the new version.

I didn't remove any files. PWS removed them. But what is really keeping people from joining our server is that @HAFM mod (the old version) shows up as part of our collection after installing the new version @HAFM_A3 and we no longer have old version. Leaving @HAFM checked in mod collection does not activate the new version.

Yes I can see the problem ... but it is mainly something caused by PWS ... now the modfolder of my mod is @HAFM_A3 so probably PWS erased the previous one which was @HAFM.

So I can see two possible solutions ... either you can wait for my next update which will be include also the aircrafts or till then you can manually add these missing files (hafm_air) into the new @HAFM_A3 folder and retain by this way the mod completed .. After that and during future updates you'll have no similar issues I believe.

Sorry for trouble caused but I couldn't predict that before.

"Play with Six" sets you up with "@HAFM" mod folder for servers running the "@HAFM_A3" mod..... "@HAFM" Has nothing in it, nor can it be updated or downloaded........... The client can not get the correct "@HAFM_A3" mod folder to launch and connect to the server. Please fix the naming so the server running "@HAFM_A3" will cause the connecting client to launch with "@HAFM_A3".... Please fix this!!! Love your mod, would love to have people be able to play it with us using "Play with Six".... If you have any questions please jump on our TS3 server to help us. ts3.oniongamers.com or give me your TS PW so I can chat you up if you don't know what I am meaning. Jigsor tried to explain this as well... He is one of the guys adding your content to our missions.... Just the mod folder naming thing needs to be fixed.

"Play with Six" sets you up with "@HAFM" mod folder for servers running the "@HAFM_A3" mod..... "@HAFM" Has nothing in it, nor can it be updated or downloaded........... The client can not get the correct "@HAFM_A3" mod folder to launch and connect to the server. Please fix the naming so the server running "@HAFM_A3" will cause the connecting client to launch with "@HAFM_A3".... Please fix this!!! Love your mod, would love to have people be able to play it with us using "Play with Six".... If you have any questions please jump on our TS3 server to help us. ts3.oniongamers.com or give me your TS PW so I can chat you up if you don't know what I am meaning. Jigsor tried to explain this as well... He is one of the guys adding your content to our missions.... Just the mod folder naming thing needs to be fixed.

ok probably I still don't get it ... so why don't you try to let me know what is needed by my side to fix that issue mentioned with PWS ? I don't think that speaking each other in some TS is needed plus I'm living in Greece and there is a huge time difference with you in San Diego, California :)

So please either point me here or using my site that you already have been registered.

Thanks

ok probably I still don't get it ... so why don't you try to let me know what is needed by my side to fix that issue mentioned with PWS ? I don't think that speaking each other in some TS is needed plus I'm living in Greece and there is a huge time difference with you in San Diego, California :)

So please either point me here or using my site that you already have been registered.

Thanks

When the mod "@HAFM_A3" runs on a server it shows up as "Hellinic Armed Forces MOD" in the list of mods running on the server. When you as a client tries to connect to the server using "Play With Six" your game launches with "@HAFM" (The incorrect mod). "@HAFM" has the wrong content and is not able to be updated with "Play With Six" You can manually search for the "@HAFM_A3" mod folder and get it with "Play With Six"

If you use "Play With Six" it will force you to launch with a broken mod folder....... "@HAFM"

I don't know how else to explain this any clearer....... That is why I want to chat with you , in hopes to get you to understand the problem.

When the mod "@HAFM_A3" runs on a server it shows up as "Hellinic Armed Forces MOD" in the list of mods running on the server. When you as a client tries to connect to the server using "Play With Six" your game launches with "@HAFM" (The incorrect mod). "@HAFM" has the wrong content and is not able to be updated with "Play With Six" You can manually search for the "@HAFM_A3" mod folder and get it with "Play With Six"

If you use "Play With Six" it will force you to launch with a broken mod folder....... "@HAFM"

I don't know how else to explain this any clearer....... That is why I want to chat with you , in hopes to get you to understand the problem.

I fully understand the issue mate (have a look in my website ... there is also an answer for you there) ... but still I haven't any @HAFM folder neither in my PC or using "Play With Six" ... there is no such folder so I'm unable to correct anything about !!

I've the "Play With Six" installed today and the only modfolder I found relative with my mod is the "@HAFM_A3" ... no "@HAFM" folder exists in there ... if I'll download the mod then HAFM_Air (the aircrafts of my mod) files will be deleted from my original folder as there are not included (yet - until my next update on them) into this specific folder (these files was previously uploaded under @HAFM modfolder if I remember correct).

Anyway ... I know the problem but not any possible solution I think ...

please remove the @HAFM folder from six network... So that play with six wIll launch your game with the correct mod folder.

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

the label for both of your mod folders is exactly the same label (Hellenic Armed Forces MOD)and play with six tries to sync up the client with what the server is running the very first folder it assigns you is @HAFM not @HAFM_A3

Either re-label the mod to the mod folder name or remove the old @HAFM from Play With Six network.

That is two ways to fix the issue. Thanks.

please remove the @HAFM folder from six network... So that play with six wIll launch your game with the correct mod folder.

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

the label for both of your mod folders is exactly the same label (Hellenic Armed Forces MOD)and play with six tries to sync up the client with what the server is running the very first folder it assigns you is @HAFM not @HAFM_A3

Either re-label the mod to the mod folder name or remove the old @HAFM from Play With Six network.

That is two ways to fix the issue. Thanks.

I repeat ... I haven't add any @HAFM folder to With Six network so I don't know how to remove it or even where to find it ... also in my list on With Six there is no @HAFM mod folder !!

Anyway give me some time to make a search or even talk with guys from With Six network .... or better point me on the page that shows @HAFM into With Six network !!

Edited by Aplion