Sign in to follow this  
BeefaloBart

Really Need Help with Overall Mission Mod building

I would like to get a team together to help with a mod project. The project will be based on a series using different maps but the same core. Im trying to be a little different and not just follow suit with zombies or infections or nuclear fallout. Watch the video to get an idea of the current project on Lingor, and will be uploading the Emita map video soon.

Currently Whats required for the mod to play on them is the Map and the following mods. DDOPLER Tazer Mod, Alienz Mod, and RH Pistol mod. I would like to see if its possible to add the 3 mods inside the mission folder so that anyone who joins the server only has the mission download vs turning on 3 mods. However a Mod Pack could be made with full credits to the creators of those mods. I have an issue with Armaholic and their lack of love for LIFE style mods even though this is and is not the same as a LIFE mod, it does have those elements, but to help remove some of the RDM there will be missions and objectives to complete in order to earn money.

What I need help creating:

Banking system, This is modern times, so players can carry cash, or an ATM card. Cash gets earned from illegal and some legal activities.

Payroll system, 10 minute injection of money only if the player has a job.

Employment system, Talking to an NPC to get jobs both legal and illegal.

Kill credit system, If you kill an enemy you get paid per kill sent to the bank. Player kills do not pay out.

Hero system, Players who kill other players get a demerit point, and healing a player gains a merit point. Other activities can gain or lower merit points.

EMS, Mechanic jobs, Dedicated EMT slots, and mechanic slots who have the ability to heal and repair.

Medical System, simple bandages to stop bleeding until EMS arrives.

Bleeding system, when shot you begin to bleed and will not stop bleeding until bandaged.

Revive ability for EMT/Paramedic units. Once a player is killed, you get a 30 second timer before you cannot be revived, player can click a dialog to skip this and just respawn.

Hunting/Fishing, killing of animals for money, same for fishing from banks of ponds.

Food/water, Water and food needed or player will die from dehydration and starvation. Base foods only gain small amounts of hunger to prevent death. See next line for full feeding.

Resteraunts, When a player enters a resteraunt they pay a set amount IE $20 and as long as they stay for 1 minute, they can go from 1-100 on hunger and thirst.

Rank system, as players gain experience they can level up to a higher rank. Having higher ranks gives access to new items and weapons.

Car lock/unlock

Vendors, need vendors for weapons, snacks, water, vehicles, and gear.

Thats a huge list of things needed, and since Im learning as I go, it would be helpful to have help making these so I can focus on the other details of the mission/map.

Please let me know if you would like to help with this project series. Emita video coming soon.

In general, distributing addons made by others is frowned upon, particularly when it is against the license that accompanies them.

Double Doppler is pretty clear about it:

§1) Redistribution:

~ You may only redistribute this Addon in your server's mod pack. (E.g. AddonSync or SixUpdater.)

IceBreakr is pretty clear about it as well:

Author grants you, as the enduser, a personal right to download, install and play with the mod/addon. This right does NOT include the possibilities to reverse engineer or even abuse content of the addon in your own addons, games, game content or missions (scripts).

Robert Hammer is another story, as I couldn't find any license attached. Regardless, the rule of thumb is - DON'T.

All of that aside, another reason not to do this is mission bloat. The smaller the mission file size, the better, as every new player has to DL the file from the server on joining. The upper range for acceptably large mission files is @5-7MB. That TASER .pbo is 5.5MB by itself. Each of the five Alienz .pbo files is between 15-33MB. RH_DE.pbo is 124MB.

No one - NO ONE - will play this mission when they see they have to DL a 200MB+ mission file. This is a moot point, however, given the first reason above.

I didn't make mention of the permissions since I have contacted the creators of these mods already. Wasnt the focus of this thread. I appreciate what it took to create these mods and respect their wishes. Only issue with any of these mods other than just posting a link to the mods on armaholic, is that the Alienz Mod had to be modified to make it work.

Alienz Mod has an issue which was supposed to be fixed in ver1.1 but wasn't. When you play as an alien your vision has a heavy redish yellow tint which would be irritating to play for more than a few minutes. And when you did get tired of it, and you changed to civilian or become a cop, the color filter did not go away. So I went into the mods files and removed the color filter completely so your vision looked the same as any other class. So that being said, until I get the permissions that I asked for, the Alienz Mod for the dev team will have to be modified manually with 2 lines // out.

Video of the work so far on the Emita Alien Life mission/mod is compressing and will post it as soon as its on youtube.

I am making this with many similiar aspects to a LIFE server, but going away from the stereotypes of them. Yes there is a Police force but they will be whitelisted as the main focus of the mod is not to chase thugs. Cops will patrol and deal with griefers, idiots, RDM nubs, KOS idiots and the like. They will be tazed, and locked in a prison cell. Which is why another feature I will need is if a prisoner dies (sucides to escape) they are auto banned for a set period of time. Your in jail for a reason, and cops do not need to abuse. Using the X26 from DDOPLER's awesome mod, you get 8 shots with the tazer and once your out, it costs money to buy new mags.

File Size of the mod needs to be kept down, but look at the LIFE mods that require a 6+ gig modpack to be installed just to join the server. I want to keep mods to a minimum so its more appealing to others to join. Just that some things like the Tazer and RH Pistol mod are valuable assets to expand the mod. Alienz are the icing on the cake that make this different than anything currently out there.

I am pleading for help on getting this going. As soon as we are ready for a Public Beta, I will come out of pocket for a hosted server. And I currently have a teamspeak Im paying for so the dev team has a way to chat while owrking and testing.