Sign in to follow this  
BlackViperGaming

Job Request

Hey guys Im Black Viper,

I am fairly good in adobe illustrator, the in game editors for all arma games. I would like to work on any project you guys would like. I am currently in school taking classes for adobe illustrator and below are links to some google docs pictures. It took a lot of time to make some of those hence the watermark. Thanks, and let me know what you guys think.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29zU5BuXGsNbm9Hakt6ZTFpQlE/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29zU5BuXGsNRGV3b3BpSEt6b0U/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29zU5BuXGsNQ202TGozb3psQ2M/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29zU5BuXGsNY1plWjQ3Y0lLRjg/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, these are all handmade without using image trace. I am very proud of the dodge viper logo and the m1911 as well as the camo.

Edited by BlackViperGaming
fixed links

As Viper said, there's no overview - you have to download them...

EDIT : files seem to be corrupted, it's impossible to open them :(

Tort that's a little uncalled for, we gave our opinion on the previous topic, it's done, I suggest that instead of criticizing him on a topic that has nothing to do with the previous one, that instead you firstly apologize and secondly refrain from posting again. He simple posted something, give him a chance to fix the error before jumping to conclusions.

Yoshi, the huge jpgs (~10 mb for 4000x2000 based on vector art!) worked for me, technically. And they led me to the conclusion he is trolling or kidding. I'm really sorry.

Lets just see what happens before we jump to conclusions.

Free hint: if you want your watermark to be of any use, you shouldn't make it a deletable layer. ;)

Black viper very good pictures, you are quite good.I just started using illustrator and

perhaps expert as you could help me find the solution.So I want to create in AI (adobe illustrator)

and image that have certain free shape transparent.I found the solution but I wonder if there

is better way then to this.

on Picture - you create specific shape with rectangle tool that you want make transparent.

Reduce specific shape transp. to 0% in transparency box.

Then you group picture and specific shape.

In transparency box you select overprint option

and that removes everything under specific shape

making area transparent.

Is that usual way to go or is there quicker?

when i try to look at say there is nothing

Same. Downloaded the images but nothing will open them--PS, Illustrator, Windows Picture Viewer....nothing. Odd.

Adobe illustrator can open them.

Adobe illustrator can open them.

It might be able to, but it's not. Even in Illustrator it says: "Could not read the file because the plug-in could not understand this file." Like I said in my post above yours...nothing will open them. These programs are capable of opening them, but they will not open and view the actual files.

Myke;2654542']Free hint: if you want your watermark to be of any use' date=' you shouldn't make it a deletable layer. ;)[/quote']

Yea, Ill fix that...Just tried to do them as quick as possible.

Black viper very good pictures, you are quite good.I just started using illustrator and

perhaps expert as you could help me find the solution.So I want to create in AI (adobe illustrator)

and image that have certain free shape transparent.I found the solution but I wonder if there

is better way then to this.

on Picture - you create specific shape with rectangle tool that you want make transparent.

Reduce specific shape transp. to 0% in transparency box.

Then you group picture and specific shape.

In transparency box you select overprint option

and that removes everything under specific shape

making area transparent.

Is that usual way to go or is there quicker?

For me I would have used the Pathfinder panel and actually created openings within the shape, its a little tricky to explain but if you look up pathfinder it should help you out.

Same. Downloaded the images but nothing will open them--PS, Illustrator, Windows Picture Viewer....nothing. Odd.

Sorry, this was actually done during my class. :P I was trying to hurry up and finish before the bell rang. I will re upload tomorrow around 12:00 PM PST as I do not have access to a working copy of illustrator and Photoshop on my computer at home, will shortly though.

Thanks for the comments and I will do a better upload tomorrow. 1920x1080 instead of giant 8000x8000 photo xD(i just popped them into photoshop and didn't pay any mention of the size), non removable watermark, and viewable without downloading. I would also like to thank you all for not bringing the old disastrous thread into this, people said that I didn't have any contributions to the ArmA community and I am here to prove them wrong. Thanks and expect an update tomorrow around 12:00 PM PST

Edited by BlackViperGaming
info on update

Maybe with a proper file format. The currently delivered files seem to be some vector format AFAICS, but with .jpg ending. XNview opens them. OP did you create e.g. the handgun vectors all on your own? And btw, you mention the old thread; calm down and that's the interwebbs... do you really think you have to prove anything to anyone? :D

Edited by tortuosit

Hey mate, I think if you really want to learn and understand the dev processes etc and get invovled in something where your work is useful then talk to Kju as he is heading up two large community orientated projects such as All in Arma Standalone and The Community Upgrade Project in both these cases you have no reason to be under pressure and can learn at your own rate.

You also can supply addons which are being worked on by multiple devs so you will have that support, and Kju is a good guy to learn under because he is communicative and informed.

What this project doesn't have is the ability to do original stuff, so if you are into Aliens or WW2 then you won't find that here, but again the great thing about these is that people won't be hurt if you decide to leave or have a break because it is built up of many community members rather than a few people.

I would talk to Kju first to find out what needs doing and how best to achieve it.

Maybe with a proper file format. The currently delivered files seem to be some vector format AFAICS, but with .jpg ending. XNview opens them. OP did you create e.g. the handgun vectors all on your own? And btw, you mention the old thread; calm down and that's the interwebbs... do you really think you have to prove anything to anyone? :D

Yes I created them all on my own. They should now also be viewable without downloading. Fixed that now as well as the removable watermark if you do decide to download them. Thanks and let me know what you guys think.

Actually I like the 1911. If you are posting these as a genuine effort then good work thus far.

I think the "watermark" is a bit excessive though, takes away from the "art" of these masterpieces.

Edited by zorrobyte