Sign in to follow this  
yoannis1995

Objects on table

Hi everyone!

I can't put objects on a table (camping table) in the editor! Whatever elevation I put on the objects, they don't stay on the table. They either move or just go fall trough the table like the laptop... What can I do to fix that ?

Use this in the objects init field:

this enableSimulation false;

This should make them stay put but won't react to physx anymore when throwing a grenade at the table or ram it with a vehicle.

I'd really love to see BI implement physx properly and to all objects...

Yeah, what Grumpy said will work, but it can lead to some weird things. For example in one mission I set some files on a table and put set both of them to enableSimulation false. Worked great until the building fell down from arty fire. Table and files were fine, just floating 10 feet up in the air.

What about the setup mentioned here, does it only work for items?

Go to the Empty units in the editor, scroll down to Weapons [Primary], then select Empty. Enter this into the unit's init line:

this addmagazinecargo ["smokeshellblue",1]; this attachto [table1, [0,0,0.47]]; detach this

Note that the "0.47" will vary based on whatever table you used (I used the Large Wood one). replace smokeshellblue with whatever the classname of the throw item is.

Forgot to mention that table1 would be the name of the table you want to place the throw item on.

If this interests you

2013_12_28_00004.jpg

Then checkout my Beerkan-FARP-Design-2-0. You will see exactly how I placed each item on the table, (and each item on the shelving unit as well).

Gratuitous self promotion :rolleyes:

If this interests you

http://s30.postimg.org/hv2tl9g65/2013_12_28_00004.jpg

Then checkout my Beerkan-FARP-Design-2-0. You will see exactly how I placed each item on the table, (and each item on the shelving unit as well).

That looks really good beerkan, going to try it out.

Gratuitous self promotion :rolleyes:

That looks really good beerkan, downloading now.