Sign in to follow this  
Variable

CiA Hardcore Coop Nights

28622849.gif

Comrades in Arms hosts Arma 3 coop nights for serious team players on every Thursday and Sunday at 20:00 CET. During summer, daylight-saving time will be in effect. If you are uncertain of the current server time check it here.

CiA have been running serious coop games for the past ten years. We are mostly known for our strict but simple modus operandi during our missions. There are no trainings or role playing; we concentrate on the mission and the ways to complete it, that's it. We choose a commander, lay out a plan, and during its execution we carefully follow the team leader's orders. In spite of that, the atmosphere is light and calm. Every one, including guests, can lead in our games. However, once a leader was chosen everybody are expected to do exactly as he says.

We play community released missions as well as missions designed by our members. There are no game-modes! Expect only structured coop missions with definite objectives and success criteria.

If you'd like to receive a direct impression of the CiA gameplay, watch the video below, or visit our

yFC4tX6IPsE

In order to assure a mature team play the server is password protected. If you want to join us, first read the server rules. If you still want to join just post here, PM me or any other CiA member, or use our contact form with the following information: an introduction of yourself, how did you find us and what do you like about playing coop. Once you have received the password, you are requested not to forward it to anyone else. Simply direct those who wish to join to this thread, or to our "Join CiA coop nights" website page.

No Respawn!

We play without respawn. What that means is that a player that dies remains dead until the next mission starts. We might use first aid scripts like Psycho's A3 wounding system; that means that a player that gets shot might have a chance to continue playing if a medic can get him up again.

Why do we play like this? Well, good thing you asked. For one thing, we like to keep things realistic. That doesn't mean we'll address each other by rank, but it means that one man doesn't wipe out the red army by himself. We feel that respawning will make things completely unrealistic by just throwing wave after wave at the enemies until they are dead.

Secondly, playing with no respawn makes you play more carefully, and makes the game itself more exciting. If you know you'll have to sit for maybe twenty minutes watching the others play, it makes death something to avoid and fear, not just a negative score. It means you realistically cling to your life, and not risk it carelessly knowing that a new one is just around the corner.

All in all, it makes victory all the sweeter.

CiA Server Rules

1. Orders and Communications

Follow your leader's orders at all costs, even if they may seem senseless in your eyes. This also requires that each unit knows their number so you will know which order is addressed to you. We play with TFA radio.

2. Reporting Back

If the leader addresses you, respond. If you have been given an order, respond with 'Roger' so the leader will know that you have received and understood it. Upon completion of the assigned task report 'Ready'.

3. Formation

Stick with the formation unless told otherwise. Even numbers should move to the right hand side of the leader, while odd numbers to his left. If the main squad is split up into smaller squads, each squad moves as an independent team, led by an assigned secondary leader.

4. Map

Stay focused on the tactical situation. Know where you and possible friendly units are to avoid friendly fire.

5. Firing

Unless under immediate threat, do not open fire without being ordered! Before firing on a unit,check the map for friendly units! Rather be shot by an enemy than shooting a friendly!

6. Chat

Keep the light-headed conversation for suitable moments. Don't chat if it has nothing to do with the current combat situation.

7. Concentration

This is the last and most important rule: Concentrate. We don't forbid joking, but once a mission has started, stay serious, calm and focus on the game!

Anyone who doesn't follow one or more of these rules will be asked to leave.

CiA Standard Operating Procedures

Work in progress.

Required Addons

Check here.

Recommended Addons

Check here.

Feel free to use client-side addons that do not give you unreasonable advantage.

Server Info

Game server IP: 77.74.193.123, or just filter for [CiA] Comrades in Arms

Port: 2102

Password: Post a reply here or use our contact form to request for the password.

Teamspeak 3 server IP: ts.ciahome.net:9988

The TS password is ciafdf

CiA Mission List

Check this Google spreadsheet to view the missions we have on our Arma server. In order to pursue the sense of achievement we use it to keep track of successfully completed missions. We keep it up-to-date.

Arma 2 Coop Nights

We still play Arma 2 on Tuesdays. Check this thread for more details.

See you on the server!

Edited by Variable

No Respawn!

This is all I needed to read. Count me in!

A group of Ye Olde Skool.

Highly commendable, and recommendable as well, if you want to taste what else arma has on offer!

I have been playing with CiA back in the OFP, when they were a great bunch. Always friendly, helpful, also focused but never fogetting to have fun at the same time. Now with ArmA 3 new faces have come, but the vets are still there, everyone ready to make your Thursday and now also Sunday evenings your most awaited times of the week! :yay:

See you there!

For good coop play, recommended.

Great bunch of guys and great teamwork! Currently my RL situation unfortunatley prevent's me from joining the fun but hoping that will change in the future. Highly recommended!

/KC

To remove any doubt due to the recent daylight saving time, coop night is starting now. Join up!

Three videos of the latest CiA coop nights, a good demonstration of our style:

Four members of the Comrades in Arms are going to form a fireteam in tomorrow's Zeus livestream. Come watch us play!

Bk3b95NCUAE8LW6.jpg:large

Hopefully I'm back home with a whiskey in my hand watching, good luck guys ;)

/KC

Video of CiA perspective during the Zeus launch event livestream:

Good to see lots of new ppl joining in on our co-ops of late.

Hope you enjoyed our co-op nights :cool:

Good to see lots of new ppl joining in on our co-ops of late.

Hope you enjoyed our co-op nights :cool:

Great guys, great games.

f4LBTaP.jpg

Guys, please update your TFA Radio addon and Teamspeak plugin to version 0.9.1 before tomorrow's game.

You can get the new version from here:

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

This was one of the best Arma experiences I've ever had. Didn't want to remove any part of the raw recording because it was all packed with awesome firefights and tense atmosphere. Do yourself a favor and watch this from start to end when you get a full hour to spare :)

I just loved that mission, I had to watch it again :) The double RPG kills where awesome ^^

Very interested in joining the ranks!

Very interested in joining the ranks!

Check PM Etzuu.

Guys, make sure your A3MP is updated to 1.4. The server has been updated.

Just wanted to post my experience from a first time player with these guys -- had a great time, good crew and looking forward to more co-op nights.

A few more video's from recent co-op nights:-

• Like 1