Sign in to follow this  
heros z

Weapon attached on back using invisible backpack and weaponholder

To resume, I want to allow carring a single weapon on back. To do this I think to use an invisible backpack called "Sling" without any container capability as an UAV backpack. This backpack worn adds an action "use handed primary weapon sling", which unequips the weapon and puts it in a weaponholder attached to the player back and been visible. While player doesnt have any primary weapon, he can get back these slinged weapon, or exchange it with a handed primary weapon. I want use weapon weight in player total too.

In gameplay terms, it takes the backpack slot but allows to get any 2 primary weapons (IE take a sniper rifle on back and use a smg for cqb). Weight, magazines transportation and impossibility to use a backpack offer a good compromise.

Is it possible in SP and MP?

Edited by HeroS Z

It is. I did try something like that, but I gave up after some time : the attached weapon/weaponHolder doesn't follow the body movements at all and causes a lot of collision issues.

For instance if you go prone, the orientation of your weapon won't change and it will pass through your character.

It completely kills the immersion... :/

May i use attachedtomovement and/or find an event on stance change

Edited by HeroS Z

AttachedToMovement? As far as I know there's no such command.

As for eventHandlers, I'm not sure there is one for stances.

Unless I read it wrong...

You can carry numerous weapons inside your Backpack. Just Drag & Drop as long as there is room.

Some of my loadouts have 4 or 5 weapons. IE Urban Sniper-Type: Rifle, SMG, Pistol, and Shotgun.

Yes, but the point here is to make it so that the weapon is visible on the character's back.

Anyway, I found out that it is possible to allow the player to put away a rifle/pistol just as he would with a launcher via a small config tweak (with the proper animations). It also allows the player to move around without any weapons in hands.

I won't tell more right now, as this is part of a mod I'm working on, but so far I got something working without any issues.

More news on this soon!

Atleast make rifles compatible with launcher slot. I've tried this idea for a while now, no luck.

WarLord554 : no need to. The method I found adds an "Hide weapon" action, wich is available for launchers only in vanilla. The good thing is that it doesn't mess with the weapons configs, and it will apply to every weapon (including addons).

I've been doing some tests, and were able to move around with a rifle and a launcher on my back, plus a holstered pistol. Except for a missing animation and a little glitch with the scroll menu (nothing game-breaking), there isn't any issue to report so far.

The mod I'm working on should be ready for a first release within a couple of weeks. You guys should try it out and see for yourself. ;)

That's awesome, made my day. You mean animation when "drawing" the weapon from your back? And I will be able to hold one on my back, and have one equipped at the same time?

I mean animation when drawing as well as putting the weapon on your back. ;)

But, as of now, it doesn't allow to carry/equip additional weapons.

I ve put this on stand by, i m on another script, but good to see that you re smarter than me;)

No way to use current draw animations?

Not sure what you mean - perhaps I wasn't clear.

There is no custom animation : it uses the game animations, including for drawing weapons.

@HeroS Z : Tbh, it was a good deal of luck - and a bit of intuition. ;)

you can use sleections in the model to attach te object to your character.

just follow the example in the wiki (the one with the charge), so the attached model will follow your bodys movement.

Not sure what you mean - perhaps I wasn't clear.

There is no custom animation : it uses the game animations, including for drawing weapons.

Yes that's what I meant. Thx

---------- Post added at 07:11 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

just follow the example in the wiki (the one with the charge), so the attached model will follow your bodys movement.

Cool man thx for the info

Did you try this yourself? Because I tested it some time ago, and the attached items do not follow the body movements/inclination.

If you go prone the charges will clip through your character.