A slight nitpick. It's not "NU" but "IU". И is read as "i". 

5 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

A slight nitpick. It's not "NU" but "IU". И is read as "i". 

That maybe so, but rock was only pointing out that the texture was inverted and it was meant to read UN...

• Like 1

I know. I'm just not terribly fond of the "backwards R" convention. :) 

nice job rock... looking really good... like how the tires have been painted aswell :)

• Like 1

Are we gonna see anything on the GPMG or any other small arms weapon system??

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jdownward said:

Are we gonna see anything on the GPMG or any other small arms weapon system??

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Wait and see. :f:

I don't want to share too much because i'll just get shit if i do and don't deliver everything instantly.  I'm afraid you'll just have to sit tight and enjoy the ride. 

Rock, if your beer supply runs low, I can afford to let you have a few of mine. Proper CAMRA approved stuff though...   slowly drinks his Hobgoblin

5 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Rock, if your beer supply runs low, I can afford to let you have a few of mine. Proper CAMRA approved stuff though...   slowly drinks his Hobgoblin

I've had to swap to the hard stuff.  The beer ran out last week... Johnnie Walker Blue label atm.

When that runs out ...well... lets just say unless i goto the store I'm heading into the garage and looking for the medicinal alcohol from the first aid kit.

Just returning to the topic before the Mods jump in...

I am going to post a bit of a WIP update either very late tonight (UK Time) or early tomorrow. Time and renders permitting.

Sit tight. :dummy:

• Like 6

Looking amazing rock, love the detail in the blog post. Can't wait to see these in game, with this and the BI Carrier looks like Arma 3 might finally be getting some more naval love.

Seeing that the LCVP can carry stuff like Vikings and Land Rovers as well, will the seating area be removable to fit vehicles, or wil there be a seperate version without seating?

Great work so far!!!

8 hours ago, Foxone said:

Seeying that the LCVP can carry stuff like Vikings and Land Rovers as well, will the seating area be removable to fit vehicles, or wil there be a seperate version without seating?

Great work so far!!!

I want to make it so its as flexible as possible so I'd rather have one model/version that can adapt to suit all needs,

I just need to work out how to do that. :f:

• Like 5

The new updates are looking great, though i am disappointed that there are no ducks :whistle:

• Like 3

Just now, R0adki11 said:

The new updates are looking great, though i am disappointed that there are no ducks :whistle:

Ducks only come when you least expect them... they are special like that. :)

• Like 3

Whats Brown and Black. And wet all over?

LCVP in Objects Builder DirectX Render... still some stuff to do.

Whats brown and black and wet all over?

LPD WIP pic of the new, new , new model.

I was working with the old model and i realised the super structure was wrong and its was going to cause me problems in the long run...

So I remade that part...
Which led onto something else,
Which led onto making some new bits...
Which made the old bits look crap...

So I remade everything. :f:

large.lpd2017.JPG.b8e72b76613c1d8c2d75cd

• Like 21

Rock....

Without any possible doubt... you are a perfectionist

Looks incredible

If only BIS would solve the dreaded RLOD 60 meter limit...... 

• Like 1

Amazing work, rock, again!!!

Awesome as always mate. Looking forward to seeing all your assets (giggidy) in game together.

7 hours ago, mankyle said:

Rock....

Without any possible doubt... you are a perfectionist

Looks incredible

If only BIS would solve the dreaded RLOD 60 meter limit...... 

Would you have me any other way?

What can i say I'm detail oriented. :down:

Given the type of ship this is a large static multi-segment object isn't a bad thing.  50/60m segments does, in some ways make it much easier to manage in production.

The low-poly model as you see it in that pic without the interior, 95% of rails and greebly details is already over 39,000 faces.  This will probably hit 200,000 by the time you factor in door frames and other bits of detail.   Fire extinguishers etc.  I'm going to bake and proxy as much detail in as i possibly can but there really isnt much you can do to avoid that.  But while you see 200k as huge number its the equivalent of 6-8 planes/tanks.  It shouldnt be a worry at all.

• Like 2

Thanks Rock

I know that you do this for a living and it is a real pleasure that you want to share your work with this community-

During the almos 10 years I haven in these forums I have seen many, many many times how the people moaned and threatened you to release your addons and I must say that you have had a lot of patience during the years. RKSL's addons are some of the highest quality addons in the Arma Series and the only things you have released have always been outstanding pieces of work.

Thanks again and I confess that I would like to see in a more advanced state you ilha Marron terrain.  I took a look at one of the very first alphas and I liked a lot what I saw. Unfortunately BIS tools are not functioning properly in mi computer now so I cannot contribute in that regard.

And I would like to see an invasion force staging from your Bulwark LPD (BTW, I loved the April fool's day prank)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mankyle said:

Thanks Rock

I know that you do this for a living and it is a real pleasure that you want to share your work with this community-

During the almos 10 years I haven in these forums I have seen many, many many times how the people moaned and threatened you to release your addons and I must say that you have had a lot of patience during the years. RKSL's addons are some of the highest quality addons in the Arma Series and the only things you have released have always been outstanding pieces of work.

Thanks again and I confess that I would like to see in a more advanced state you ilha Marron terrain.  I took a look at one of the very first alphas and I liked a lot what I saw. Unfortunately BIS tools are not functioning properly in mi computer now so I cannot contribute in that regard.

And I would like to see an invasion force staging from your Bulwark LPD (BTW, I loved the April fool's day prank)

I don't actually do much 3D work anymore.  After the defense cuts in 2010 and the shift in the 3D market I've moved back into mainstream boredom :)   Project Management and Process Improvement Consulting.

Ilha Marrom - There is a new and much improved versions in the offing.  I've completely remade the terrain, since i thought it was a bit too flat its now a bit more interesting and does present some better options for combat and masking aircraft from radar using terrain.  But the project still has life in it. But its got a long way to go before Alpha let alone Beta!  Should be fun though.

Ilha_Marrom_v3.JPG

The tools.  I know exactly what you mean I've had a tonne of issues.  In the end I found it was down to the Tools package leaving settings in my registry that un-installing would not fix. With the help of Mikero I discovered that Workdrive was adding adding symbolic links to a directory that i wasnt using.  I unlinked everything then using the Buldozer Configuration tool told it to use the game exe as buldozer 90% of the issues went away.  The remaining 10% are down to random crashes and my own ignorance.

The Empire of the Duck will rise again!  

• Like 7