22 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

We'll i feel that i've been "told".

I'm sure we'll manage perfectly fine without you.  We do have some advisers with a little bit of experience, in no particular order:

1. Nial - RAF Retd - 22 years Aircrew on 3 fast jet types.  And nearly 1600hours commercial flight
  2. Trevor - 14 years Private helicopter Pilot and Instructor
  3. Kyle USMC Retd -  13 years various roles
  4. Bennet USMC Retd - 9 years in UH1s and Cobras (Fantastic Pics)
  5. Charlie USMC Retd - 7 years in Harriers
  6. Seys aka Seymor USN Retd - The Marines tolerate him.
  7. Stephen C RAF Retd - 22 years Aircrew on helos.
  8. Jonathan - 16 years RAAF on Chinooks
  9. John - RAF Retd - 22 years mostly on Pumas
  10. Oggy M - RAF Regiment Retd - 16 years of service
  11. Gordon - Ex Westland Helicopters for 40 years. (Ok hes dead now but i have enough info from him to write two books)
  12. Mathias - 6 years with the German Army and 9 years with Rheinmetall as a lead engineer.
  13. Geoff aka Goffie - RAF Retd - 16 years Aircrew on 4 fast jet types.
  14. Stephan - 9 years Luftwaffe on Tornados currently on a ground deployment.
  15. Stu - Royal Artillery Retd. Dont remember how long he was in.
  16. Chris B - Royal Engineers Retd 9 years
  17. Matt -  Royal Engineers Retd 6 years
  18. Chris M - RAF 24 years and still serving
  19. Chris L - RAAF 7 years and flying Hornets.
  20. Brady - USAF Retd Crew chief C-17
  21. Dom -  USAF Retd 9 years Mechanic, now working on civil helos in Canada
  22. Helena - RAF 14 years Logistics
  23. Mark C - Royal Logistic Corps 12 years in.
  24. Jez - 23 years PPL Qualified Flight Instructor for 15 years
  25. Nigel aka Ginge - RAF Rtd -  ex Victor & Vulcan engineer.
  26. Nick P - RAF Retd - 16 years Aircrew on 2 fast jet types
  27. Mark S - RAF Retd - 9 years Multi-engine Aircrew on atleast 4 types 
  28. Nicholas (Mustn't call him Nick) - RN Rtd - 18 years, Seakings, Lynx and Harrier.
  29. Cooke - SAAF Rtd - Old as the hils and worked on every South African Airframe in the inventory in the 80's 90's and early 2000s.
  30. Mike - RAF Rtd Armourer - 9 years
  31. Mick F - Royal Marines Rtd. 19 years and half a leg.
  32. Donut - Swedish AF ATC 4 years
  33. LePeu - French Armée de l'Air  11 years on Mirages
  34. Jaques D - Belgian Air Force.
  35. Jim W - Ex BAe now Lockheed in Fort Worth 35 years
  36. Barry M - BAE Systems 41 years
  37. Andy P -  BAE Systems 21 years
  38. Wendy M - CASA
  39. Drew - GA
  40. Miriam S - Carrier Alliance Engineering support
  41. Heather - Royal Navy 17 years

I could go on but im tired of typing.  These are just some of people that have contributed knowledge and information to my projects over the years.  Many have become good friends and about 30% actually do still play ArmA.  But if I come across anything that they can't answer I'll be sure to ask you.

PS and there's me. RAF Rtd, also ex BAe, BAE Systems, Airbus and Eurofighter Gmbh.

Christ, you could set up a defense contracting firm if you felt like it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Polyus said:

Christ, you could set up a defense contracting firm if you felt like it!

Actually that's not far from the truth. 

On 1/11/2018 at 7:23 PM, p_siddy said:

What's next then Rock.. do tease :)

Ok here you go.

Twitter

or Faceache if you prefer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, p_siddy said:

Im so happy right now :) I know exactly what it is :)

Well Kofeina101 wins anyway.

I had an accident with the interior last week.  I accidentally overwrote it so I'm having to remake it.  To be honest i'm glad i am, this one is coming together rather nicely.

• Like 5

That is a nice looking interior.

Are there any plans to port/make the good old Lynx's? Currently our group uses a renamed Wildcat for our 90's and cold war operation, but thats far from ideal as the wildcat has the camera and all...

23 minutes ago, ChazaB218 said:

That is a nice looking interior.

Are there any plans to port/make the good old Lynx's? Currently our group uses a renamed Wildcat for our 90's and cold war operation, but thats far from ideal as the wildcat has the camera and all...

I wasn't going to but recently i've had a reasonable amount of requests for it.   So thats a maybe. (Time and real life permitting)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

I wasn't going to but recently i've had a reasonable amount of requests for it.   So thats a maybe. (Time and real life permitting)

Rock - is there any chance of a sea king ??? I know what you have said in the past but if you are now considering a lynx - can't we squeeze in a sea king and variants - its still currently in service unlike the lynx as of yesterday...

2 hours ago, sentryuk said:

Rock - is there any chance of a sea king ??? I know what you have said in the past but if you are now considering a lynx - can't we squeeze in a sea king and variants - its still currently in service unlike the lynx as of yesterday...

For a huge number of reasons, not likely at all.  They are also far more work to move over than the Lynx and given what i have on my plate right now I just don't have the time. 

I don't want to sound like a twat so i'll explain a bit.  You have to remember this set of models were all made in 2008. All the British Lynx versions, Puma, Merlin, Seaking etc were intended to ArmA1.

1. All the basic pre upgrade models are about 12000 faces in the first lod and aren't that detailed.  Which makes creating detailed normal maps a bit of a chore.
  2. No proper materials exist for them. I'd have to remake all the rvmats, spec, ao and normals.
  3. To get decent look out of the normals i'd have to remap large parts of the Seakings.
  4. The textures when put in game now look bloody awful in the A3 game engine.
  5. Baking textures and decent normals on a 4k texture takes about 3 hours per texture on my rig.  eg: The Puma has 6 basic textures sets and 10 Skins.
  6. Its took me nearly 4 months "all-up-time" to get the puma in game and working properly given the limited free time i have.
  7. Advanced Flight models are a pain in the arse to tweak but i don't see the point of releasing a helo without one.  And they do take time to work out.

I could copy and paste my build checklist on here but last time i checked it had 134 points.  That's without the testing lists.   I have the Wildcat, Merlin HC4, Merlin HM2, Wokkas and the Puma HC2s in various states of build right now.  The only reason I'm considering the Lynx AH7, 9 and 9A is because the flight model work is largely done because of the Wildcat.  Even then, these will probably be direct ports with very little cosmetic upgrades on them.

I realise a lot of people want to see a decent Seaking but right now I just don't see it happening. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rksl-rock said:

For a huge number of reasons, not likely at all.  They are also far more work to move over than the Lynx and given what i have on my plate right now I just don't have the time. 

I don't want to sound like a twat so i'll explain a bit.  You have to remember this set of models were all made in 2008. All the British Lynx versions, Puma, Merlin, Seaking etc were intended to ArmA1.

1. All the basic pre upgrade models are about 12000 faces in the first lod and aren't that detailed.  Which makes creating detailed normal maps a bit of a chore.
  2. No proper materials exist for them. I'd have to remake all the rvmats, spec, ao and normals.
  3. To get decent look out of the normals i'd have to remap large parts of the Seakings.
  4. The textures when put in game now look bloody awful in the A3 game engine.
  5. Baking textures and decent normals on a 4k texture takes about 3 hours per texture on my rig.  eg: The Puma has 6 basic textures sets and 10 Skins.
  6. Its took me nearly 4 months "all-up-time" to get the puma in game and working properly given the limited free time i have.
  7. Advanced Flight models are a pain in the arse to tweak but i don't see the point of releasing a helo without one.  And they do take time to work out.

I could copy and paste my build checklist on here but last time i checked it had 134 points.  That's without the testing lists.   I have the Wildcat, Merlin HC4, Merlin HM2, Wokkas and the Puma HC2s in various states of build right now.  The only reason I'm considering the Lynx AH7, 9 and 9A is because the flight model work is largely done because of the Wildcat.  Even then, these will probably be direct ports with very little cosmetic upgrades on them.

I realise a lot of people want to see a decent Seaking but right now I just don't see it happening. Sorry.

Ok I hear ya. Just wish I had the skills and the time myself to something.  

• Like 2

On 1/10/2018 at 10:56 PM, rksl-rock said:

We'll i feel that i've been "told".

I'm sure we'll manage perfectly fine without you.  We do have some advisers with a little bit of experience, in no particular order:

1. Nial - RAF Retd - 22 years Aircrew on 3 fast jet types.  And nearly 1600hours commercial flight
  2. Trevor - 14 years Private helicopter Pilot and Instructor
  3. Kyle USMC Retd -  13 years various roles
  4. Bennet USMC Retd - 9 years in UH1s and Cobras (Fantastic Pics)
  5. Charlie USMC Retd - 7 years in Harriers
  6. Seys aka Seymor USN Retd - The Marines tolerate him.
  7. Stephen C RAF Retd - 22 years Aircrew on helos.
  8. Jonathan - 16 years RAAF on Chinooks
  9. John - RAF Retd - 22 years mostly on Pumas
  10. Oggy M - RAF Regiment Retd - 16 years of service
  11. Gordon - Ex Westland Helicopters for 40 years. (Ok hes dead now but i have enough info from him to write two books)
  12. Mathias - 6 years with the German Army and 9 years with Rheinmetall as a lead engineer.
  13. Geoff aka Goffie - RAF Retd - 16 years Aircrew on 4 fast jet types.
  14. Stephan - 9 years Luftwaffe on Tornados currently on a ground deployment.
  15. Stu - Royal Artillery Retd. Dont remember how long he was in.
  16. Chris B - Royal Engineers Retd 9 years
  17. Matt -  Royal Engineers Retd 6 years
  18. Chris M - RAF 24 years and still serving
  19. Chris L - RAAF 7 years and flying Hornets.
  20. Brady - USAF Retd Crew chief C-17
  21. Dom -  USAF Retd 9 years Mechanic, now working on civil helos in Canada
  22. Helena - RAF 14 years Logistics
  23. Mark C - Royal Logistic Corps 12 years in.
  24. Jez - 23 years PPL Qualified Flight Instructor for 15 years
  25. Nigel aka Ginge - RAF Rtd -  ex Victor & Vulcan engineer.
  26. Nick P - RAF Retd - 16 years Aircrew on 2 fast jet types
  27. Mark S - RAF Retd - 9 years Multi-engine Aircrew on atleast 4 types 
  28. Nicholas (Mustn't call him Nick) - RN Rtd - 18 years, Seakings, Lynx and Harrier.
  29. Cooke - SAAF Rtd - Old as the hils and worked on every South African Airframe in the inventory in the 80's 90's and early 2000s.
  30. Mike - RAF Rtd Armourer - 9 years
  31. Mick F - Royal Marines Rtd. 19 years and half a leg.
  32. Donut - Swedish AF ATC 4 years
  33. LePeu - French Armée de l'Air  11 years on Mirages
  34. Jaques D - Belgian Air Force.
  35. Jim W - Ex BAe now Lockheed in Fort Worth 35 years
  36. Barry M - BAE Systems 41 years
  37. Andy P -  BAE Systems 21 years
  38. Wendy M - CASA
  39. Drew - GA
  40. Miriam S - Carrier Alliance Engineering support
  41. Heather - Royal Navy 17 years

I could go on but im tired of typing.  These are just some of people that have contributed knowledge and information to my projects over the years.  Many have become good friends and about 30% actually do still play ArmA.  But if I come across anything that they can't answer I'll be sure to ask you.

PS and there's me. RAF Rtd, also ex BAe, BAE Systems, Airbus and Eurofighter Gmbh.

Ahem, I was in for longer than that... (not saying who I am on the list though).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PE4 said:

Ahem, I was in for longer than that... (not saying who I am on the list though).

I cry your pardon. :down:

For those that are interested. I'm making some progress on the Wildcat interior. About half way through the High Res interior texturing now. Still some reworks to go and some more detailing. https://goo.gl/895nmb #rksl #Arma3 #Arma3official

Faceache.

Or for those of Twitter-orientation.

• Like 5

WIP Update for early Feb.

Brace yourselves.... @p_siddyis going to get excited.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

:don15:

My Birthday and Christmas are both in December Rock.. thanks for the early gift though:)

In all seriousness though..  I know we discussed a long time ago how much of a pain in the arse getting the animations for the ammo feed would be. Especially in the Lynx/Wildcat configuration with the box behind the Co-Pilot seat.

Why not just fuck the ejection chute and box off as it serves no purpose in Arma other than looking pretty and just whack the ammo box in it's place and keep a simple animation for the ammo?

The work/time it will save you far outweighs it looking true to life in every aircraft. 

I know you're a perfectionist but this is a game after all. 

9PriC2IVfzRzP98qOX.jpg

40 minutes ago, p_siddy said:

:don15:

My Birthday and Christmas are both in December Rock.. thanks for the early gift though:)

In all seriousness though..  I know we discussed a long time ago how much of a pain in the arse getting the animations for the ammo feed would be. Especially in the Lynx/Wildcat configuration with the box behind the Co-Pilot seat.

Why not just fuck the ejection chute and box off as it serves no purpose in Arma other than looking pretty and just whack the ammo box in it's place and keep a simple animation for the ammo?

The work/time it will save you far outweighs it looking true to life in every aircraft. 

I know you're a perfectionist but this is a game after all. 

It may have to happen. :f:

But for now I'm going to try and go for the whole mountain.  If you don't try you don't get.

• Like 7

I've been neglecting these forums for a while, the RKSL Twitter and Facebook followers have been getting more updates recently.

But I thought I'd just drop this in here:

Do7WfBcW4AEH2eb.jpg

41896882_906720849524346_777492854287315

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Can someone explain why, when I look at the pictures of the RKSL wildcat. I hear. Can't get enough of your love baby by Barry White?

Looks amazing RKSL :thumb: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey @rksl-rock will the wildcat get ACE Fast roping compatibility, and the Puma in a future update too? It is a a very lacking feature on the Puma currently. Also would it be possible to get individual open/close actions for the doors, same again for the Puma, this would allow for FFV positions, etc.

2 minutes ago, Foxone said:

Hey @rksl-rock will the wildcat get ACE Fast roping compatibility, and the Puma in a future update too? It is a a very lacking feature on the Puma currently. Also would it be possible to get individual open/close actions for the doors, same again for the Puma, this would allow for FFV positions, etc.

I've already had 2 other people ask for ACE support and given them the same answer. I will happily add config hooks for them if enough people request it and it does not not create a dependency.  But I will never add non RKSL dependencies  into our addons unless absolutely necessary.  Not everyone uses ACE, or RHS or many of the other possible enhancement packs out there.

My preferred and recommended Fast roping solution is Duda's Advanced Rappelling but that is an option not a hardwired requirement. Same for Lesh's Towing.  Both are suggested options but they remain options not dependencies.

The Puma is getting a huge update right now off the back of the work on the Wildcat.  As with the wildcat there will be new features.  I do have plans for an enhanced load master position that will require individual control of the doors.  However several groups have specifically requested that i restrict door control to aircrew only.  I guess people are tired of random door openings.

I'm not a fan of FFV on things like the Puma that have an armed option.  To my mind it doesn't make sense.  For the little bird where you are sat on a bench on the outside of the aircraft it makes  perfect sense.  In the Puma where you are totally enclosed and have door gunner options.  Not so much.

1 hour ago, rksl-rock said:

I've already had 2 other people ask for ACE support and given them the same answer. I will happily add config hooks for them if enough people request it and it does not not create a dependency.  But I will never add non RKSL dependencies  into our addons unless absolutely necessary.  Not everyone uses ACE, or RHS or many of the other possible enhancement packs out there.

My preferred and recommended Fast roping solution is Duda's Advanced Rappelling but that is an option not a hardwired requirement. Same for Lesh's Towing.  Both are suggested options but they remain options not dependencies.

The Puma is getting a huge update right now off the back of the work on the Wildcat.  As with the wildcat there will be new features.  I do have plans for an enhanced load master position that will require individual control of the doors.  However several groups have specifically requested that i restrict door control to aircrew only.  I guess people are tired of random door openings.

I'm not a fan of FFV on things like the Puma that have an armed option.  To my mind it doesn't make sense.  For the little bird where you are sat on a bench on the outside of the aircraft it makes  perfect sense.  In the Puma where you are totally enclosed and have door gunner options.  Not so much.

From what i know adding the required config for ACE fastroping to work that then doesn't make ACE a requirement, (for instance with 3CB where their helo's support it, but ACE is also not required), it will add some great mission capabilities for MilSim groups :D . I can understand the FFV point of view and agree. Regarding the doors i understand, that make sense. Also, with the Puma getting a huge update, will that mean it will be the HC.2 rather then the HC.1?

3 hours ago, Foxone said:

Also, with the Puma getting a huge update, will that mean it will be the HC.2 rather then the HC.1?

Wait and see ;)

• Like 3

EDIT:

Just been asked what is a WAFU = Wet And F@#%ing Useless. Comes from WWII when Planes were launched from destroyers to provide air cover with no way to land back on the ship. After they ditched and spent the rest of the time on board doing nothing. hence WAFU ;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1