Just now, Tankbuster said:

You're weird.

I prefer, "unique".  :f:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

I would have gone with:

9 Harriers Hovering..

8 HAM Trucks.. hamming?  (I'm not good at this)

7 Rapiers... lets not take the obvious path here

6 LCVPs, lcvp'ing?

5 Vanguard Subs sinking...

4 Merlin HC4s, running out of ideas

3 Panther's 'panthing'?

2 Tornados Striking (Proud of this one)

1 Typhoons making tea.  (Oooh with a Typhoo...)

My skills and gifts do not include poetry and rhyme.

No Lynx/Wildcat....

My heart feels like it has been ripped out and my aorta Rapier'd

Also.. I don't know if you forgot the original song.. but you don't need adjectives from 5 through to 2. You're welcome :)

2 hours ago, willgh96 said:

Is there going to be any Flares for the Typhoon mod?

It will use the stock flares system.

1 hour ago, GamerOnkel said:

will the Panavia Tornado come later?

Yes

1 hour ago, p_siddy said:

No Lynx/Wildcat....

My heart feels like it has been ripped out and my aorta Rapier'd

Also.. I don't know if you forgot the original song.. but you don't need adjectives from 5 through to 2. You're welcome :)

I ran out of numbers.  Doesnt mean anything.

• Like 3

I've had a good play around with the Puma for the past few days and it's fantastic? Why did you bother to call it a 'beta' it's a finished article in my humble opinion.

Any chance of some more sneaky peeks at your Typhoon or Tonka in game? Although I get to work with them everyday, it is much more satisfying to see them accurately brought to life in Arma 3!  

56 minutes ago, tornadogr4 said:

I've had a good play around with the Puma for the past few days and it's fantastic? Why did you bother to call it a 'beta' it's a finished article in my humble opinion.

Any chance of some more sneaky peeks at your Typhoon or Tonka in game? Although I get to work with them everyday, it is much more satisfying to see them accurately brought to life in Arma 3!  

I call it a beta because the internal textures are crap and parts of the cpit are missing, and no custom anims etc.

No sneaky pics atm.  I'm still slogging through the air weapons pack.  I'm just populating the documentation database this evening.  But all the planes are some ways off because even when i complete the configs i still need to get it all tested.

• Like 1

I am still so damn excited for those subs. In the meantime, the Puma rocks.

Hey rock!

Loving all the mods man, very good work! Keep it up! :)

Just an issue with the foxhound, (Not sure if this has been reported already) When its idle there is no engine sound, when the vic is moving you get sound, however not when you stop, and keep the engine running

Cheers

51 minutes ago, Maj.Boggie said:

Hey rock!

Just an issue with the foxhound, (Not sure if this has been reported already) When its idle there is no engine sound, when the vic is moving you get sound, however not when you stop, and keep the engine running

Cheers

Perhaps add that feedback to the RKSL feedback tracker https://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php?/bugtracker.html/a3addons/foxhound/ :f:

• Thanks 1

If you need testing or help with FM tuning, give me a shout. Haven't flown the planes you're making in any sim yet, but I did clock a few hours on Viper and Superbug. I've been short on time lately, though there's a chance I'll get done with what I'm doing before you're done with the planes. :) 

7 hours ago, Maj.Boggie said:

Hey rock!

Cheers

I've added the bug.  I was aware of it but i hadn't logged it.

Apparently, some people saw it as a feature...."Stealth mode" I suppose. :)

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

If you need testing or help with FM tuning, give me a shout. Haven't flown the planes you're making in any sim yet, but I did clock a few hours on Viper and Superbug. I've been short on time lately, though there's a chance I'll get done with what I'm doing before you're done with the planes. :) 

You'll have to join the queue.  There about 80 people in front of you. :)

Beta Testing in RKSL is by invite only.   These days I don't accept request to be testers.  I've been burnt in the past and rarely got proper feedback so I only hand out access to people I know i can trust.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maj.Boggie said:

Hey rock!

Cheers

I've heard that its just a new 1.0L Start/Stop engine that the Army are using to cut costs :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

You'll have to join the queue.  There about 80 people in front of you. :)

Beta Testing in RKSL is by invite only.   These days I don't accept request to be testers.  I've been burnt in the past and rarely got proper feedback so I only hand out access to people I know i can trust.

Well, if you were around dev branch forum when Jets were in dev, you could see I'm pretty active when I do have the time. I keep my obligations. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to work with an ArmA3 modder (or to dive into it myself, mostly owing to lack of time), I've done serious testing for other communities (most recently, Kerbal Space Program). So if you need someone who will both actually test your birds and has both flightsim experience and some physics background (although not in aerospace engineering specifically, that's more of a hobby), I'm here for you. :) 

I'm making this offer mostly because I'm a bit tired of beautiful airplanes with half-baked FMs. :) Pre-Jets DLC the engine couldn't really do all that much better, but now there's no excuse for negative AoAs and flying dead straight when banked. 

9 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Well, if you were around dev branch forum when Jets were in dev, you could see I'm pretty active when I do have the time. I keep my obligations. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to work with an ArmA3 modder (or to dive into it myself, mostly owing to lack of time), I've done serious testing for other communities (most recently, Kerbal Space Program). So if you need someone who will both actually test your birds and has both flightsim experience and some physics background (although not in aerospace engineering specifically, that's more of a hobby), I'm here for you. :) 

I'm making this offer mostly because I'm a bit tired of beautiful airplanes with half-baked FMs. :) Pre-Jets DLC the engine couldn't really do all that much better, but now there's no excuse for negative AoAs and flying dead straight when banked. 

I'm sure you have many good qualities but:

1. You are being pushy and that is never a good thing. 
  2. I don't know you. 
  3. None of my friends seem to know you so there is no basis to build trust.

Policy stands as it always has. No amount of campaigning will change that.  Sorry if that disappoints you.

• Like 2

In that all that's left is hoping that you're friends with a RAF pilot or two, or at least a picky flightsimmer (not that either is unheard of on this forums, ArmA tends to attract those types). Good FM is just as important as a good visual model.

If I'm "being pushy", that just means I actually care for the mod. I wouldn't be bothering you if I wasn't genuinely interested in helping and improving this mod. If you don't want my help, that's fine. I'll be happy as long as it flies as good as it looks (or at least, doesn't go into negative AoAs, banking into standard rate turn actually gives you a standard rate, and it can't break sound barrier flying backwards. For starters).

19 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

In that all that's left is hoping that you're friends with a RAF pilot or two, or at least a picky flightsimmer (not that either is unheard of on this forums, ArmA tends to attract those types). Good FM is just as important as a good visual model.

If I'm "being pushy", that just means I actually care for the mod. I wouldn't be bothering you if I wasn't genuinely interested in helping and improving this mod. If you don't want my help, that's fine. I'll be happy as long as it flies as good as it looks (or at least, doesn't go into negative AoAs, banking into standard rate turn actually gives you a standard rate, and it can't break sound barrier flying backwards. For starters).

And over the cliff and down the rabbit hole we go.

Well, sorry that I'm not enjoying my genuine offer of help being mistaken for begging to get to play around with cool planes earlier than others. You don't want my help, fine. The worst thing that could happen is that you'll get those things wrong. And if you do, well, I do hope you take (purely constructive) criticism better than offers of help.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Well, sorry that I'm not enjoying my genuine offer of help being mistaken for begging to get to play around with cool planes earlier than others. You don't want my help, fine. The worst thing that could happen is that you'll get those things wrong. And if you do, well, I do hope you take (purely constructive) criticism better than offers of help.

We'll i feel that i've been "told".

I'm sure we'll manage perfectly fine without you.  We do have some advisers with a little bit of experience, in no particular order:

1. Nial - RAF Retd - 22 years Aircrew on 3 fast jet types.  And nearly 1600hours commercial flight
  2. Trevor - 14 years Private helicopter Pilot and Instructor
  3. Kyle USMC Retd -  13 years various roles
  4. Bennet USMC Retd - 9 years in UH1s and Cobras (Fantastic Pics)
  5. Charlie USMC Retd - 7 years in Harriers
  6. Seys aka Seymor USN Retd - The Marines tolerate him.
  7. Stephen C RAF Retd - 22 years Aircrew on helos.
  8. Jonathan - 16 years RAAF on Chinooks
  9. John - RAF Retd - 22 years mostly on Pumas
  10. Oggy M - RAF Regiment Retd - 16 years of service
  11. Gordon - Ex Westland Helicopters for 40 years. (Ok hes dead now but i have enough info from him to write two books)
  12. Mathias - 6 years with the German Army and 9 years with Rheinmetall as a lead engineer.
  13. Geoff aka Goffie - RAF Retd - 16 years Aircrew on 4 fast jet types.
  14. Stephan - 9 years Luftwaffe on Tornados currently on a ground deployment.
  15. Stu - Royal Artillery Retd. Dont remember how long he was in.
  16. Chris B - Royal Engineers Retd 9 years
  17. Matt -  Royal Engineers Retd 6 years
  18. Chris M - RAF 24 years and still serving
  19. Chris L - RAAF 7 years and flying Hornets.
  20. Brady - USAF Retd Crew chief C-17
  21. Dom -  USAF Retd 9 years Mechanic, now working on civil helos in Canada
  22. Helena - RAF 14 years Logistics
  23. Mark C - Royal Logistic Corps 12 years in.
  24. Jez - 23 years PPL Qualified Flight Instructor for 15 years
  25. Nigel aka Ginge - RAF Rtd -  ex Victor & Vulcan engineer.
  26. Nick P - RAF Retd - 16 years Aircrew on 2 fast jet types
  27. Mark S - RAF Retd - 9 years Multi-engine Aircrew on atleast 4 types 
  28. Nicholas (Mustn't call him Nick) - RN Rtd - 18 years, Seakings, Lynx and Harrier.
  29. Cooke - SAAF Rtd - Old as the hils and worked on every South African Airframe in the inventory in the 80's 90's and early 2000s.
  30. Mike - RAF Rtd Armourer - 9 years
  31. Mick F - Royal Marines Rtd. 19 years and half a leg.
  32. Donut - Swedish AF ATC 4 years
  33. LePeu - French Armée de l'Air  11 years on Mirages
  34. Jaques D - Belgian Air Force.
  35. Jim W - Ex BAe now Lockheed in Fort Worth 35 years
  36. Barry M - BAE Systems 41 years
  37. Andy P -  BAE Systems 21 years
  38. Wendy M - CASA
  39. Drew - GA
  40. Miriam S - Carrier Alliance Engineering support
  41. Heather - Royal Navy 17 years

I could go on but im tired of typing.  These are just some of people that have contributed knowledge and information to my projects over the years.  Many have become good friends and about 30% actually do still play ArmA.  But if I come across anything that they can't answer I'll be sure to ask you.

PS and there's me. RAF Rtd, also ex BAe, BAE Systems, Airbus and Eurofighter Gmbh.

• Like 11

I suppose I don't have anything to worry about, then. You see, most artists I know are, well, artists. Especially ones making professional quality models. You could have just told me straightaway that you already have actual pilots who can work out the FM, which is the specific thing I wanted to help with. I would have taken no issue with my skills being redundant, no snarking required.

49 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I suppose I don't have anything to worry about, then. You see, most artists I know are, well, artists. Especially ones making professional quality models. You could have just told me straightaway that you already have actual pilots who can work out the FM, which is the specific thing I wanted to help with. I would have taken no issue with my skills being redundant, no snarking required.

and you could have accepted the fact the mod maker stated it was by invite only, and moved on, instead you adopted a very shitty attitude towards him, the snarking comments began with your own..

Thank fuck I decided to leave the modding community.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, dragon01 said:

What can I say I'm something of a renaissance man.  The only thing I cant do is play a musical instrument and juggle.   Never got the hang of it.

I tried to be polite but you keep pushing and being rude.  My background and qualifications are fairly well documented on a lot of forum discussions. I'm 45 years old and I've been modding this game series for 15 years too.  I'm not exactly inexperienced.  However you are arrogant enough to imply that we will fail if you are not allowed to beta test our addons and you continue to act as though I'm the one that is out of order.   Take a breath and think about how you are portraying yourself.  Think about Roadrunner's reaction and see if you can see what we are seeing.

Now lets not clutter the thread with any more nonsense.  I'll post more progress pics later this week.

• Like 9

Didn't know you added the truth bomb to your weapons pack!!! :drinking2:

What's next then Rock.. do tease :)

Edited by p_siddy
mpelling sistake