3 hours ago, hnchmc said:

I too have an autogyro (actually two) in the works and got puzzled by the anim for the rotor. I tried speed, but noticed that when using autopilot to land, the speed remains constant so the blade doesn't spin :(. I thought about scripting it, but I'll take your word for it that it doesn't look good. I just ended up setting the anim source to rotor like the propeller does. It stops when you shut down the engine, but at least it spins properly. Looks like a wonderful model, would enjoy flying it around :smile_o:. Side note, how did you do the flight model? Mine can get low as 30 km/h without stalling, but she doesn't slow down very well. Once again, great work and I look forward to seeing more!

I am probably going to resort to a custom anim source and a monitor script.  I spent nearly a full day experimenting and came close using "speed" and some 'interesting' settings but without a decent blur texture it looked pretty odd.  I'm still some way off though and after some incredibly frustrating late nights i've had to put it down and walk away for a while.  Its been that frustrating.  I've also got to do the MFD for this and I'm really not in the mood for Class MFD right now :dummy:

"Flight model" - I created a spreadsheet a few years ago that helps me visualise the lift and thrust curves i can then set the stall speed, take-off and landing speed and it just makes it easier to tweak.  But at the end of the day its down to experimentation.

UPDATE:

I jinxed myself last week by saying I'd made progress and had a good week.  I broke my Modo settings and now its not playing ball when baking.  Colours were nowhere near.  But after a day of wasted bakes I think I may have fixed it.

Just to answer some offline questions from discord users:

So when are you going to release addon X:

Say it with me, "It will be released when its done".  

Some may remember I was talking about making a decision re single addons vs packs. A faction pack or a collection pack etc.  Because of the size and scope of some of the addons and features a few things scream to be packs.  Others lend themselves to be single addons.   So I am going to release some "teaser" addons for IAP eg the Gyrocopter.  And I am going to release some addons as individual releases, eg Typhoon v3.015.  But others will be folded into a grouped release.

EG: The Albion Class LPD will include:

• LCVP mk5,
  • LCU10
  • and some other special bits.

The HAM HX60 Trucks will be a standalone.  Then they will be superceded once the HX58 and HX77s come online a little while later.  But these will be as a support pack for some other addons and features.

Why do you keep teasing us?:

Honestly, there are two reasons

1. Because I find it hilarious that it really upsets a few malicious weasels.  They like to slag me off and when i get told about them losing their shit it just makes my day.  They know who they are.  :f:
  2. I get some really interesting feedback from it.  Its opened the door to some fantastic collaborations and its proved to be a great way to brainstorm ideas.  And some of these conversations have resulted in some interesting projects and improvements.

Are you ever going to release anything?:

I am aware of my "reputation". But the reasons I went underground for a few years are pretty well documented. To recap:  I got sick of all the outright BS and passive acceptance of theft. In the last few years I've moved home 4 times.  I took a job that took over my life for three years. I lost both of my parents within 12 months. I bought a house that, even after a year i still havent finished decorating. (I've been using the paint cans as a foot stool and beer table).  So yeah I've been pretty busy.  But the upside to all this "time off" is that i have a lot of models waiting to become addons.

What is coming out first?:

I'm not sure.  I have several projects running in parallel. "Why oh why" i hear you cry.  Ok on the face of it, it looks bad but when you actually understand what's planned and what has to happen first things will start to make more sense.  Its hard to explain right now without diagrams but you'll just have to trust me.

• Gyrocopter - This was a long running project for IAP and it is part of a much bigger pack.  Someone recently asked me to help them with a motorised glider.  That sparked a few questions about flight models and prompted an investigation into the new flight model setup. The Gyrocopter is the product of that.  It will be released as a standalone teaser for IAP.
  • Typhoon - v3.015 - I've been waiting for the Jets DLC for a while and that has bitten me in the arse a bit.  I'm having to completely rewrite the incredibly complicated config i had created not to mention update the Air Weapons pack with close to 100 models and configs in it.  Its just going to take some time.
  • HMS Vanguard SSBN - This was a throw-away model i made some time ago. The model was the offshoot of a commercial job i was asked to look at but nothing ever came of it.  The model itself is actually pretty basic.  I made the first draft in about 4 hours.  Its gone through a few more iterations since.  Trust me on that.   I was experimenting with large ships and subs and i wanted to see how far i could push the game engine, that resulted in the Vanguard.  Its not part of the main theme of the project arc im working but it has had some interesting benefits.
  • Albion Class LPD - This is getting something like 15 hours of attention a week right now.  Its a toss up between love affair and grudge match. Right now its close to a the grudge side of the equation.  I'm having to re-uv a lot of it because it didn't look right when i tried my preferred texturing method.  I'm returning to a more conventional option now.  However, the  child addons LCVP etc are pretty much done but do need config or script work to complete.
  • HAM HX60 Trucks - Just brought the prebake low poly models over to Object Builder.  Updates to follow.

19466538_662629443933489_2939254451658906761_o.jpg?oh=2f1c3dda2eaca4ead5c5cc4e47ad1afa&oe=59D88947

TL:DR?

Its all going to plan...kinda....ok its heading in the right direction at least.

Have fun

Rock

• Like 17

Nice! I cant wait for the Albion class. Your still better than me at releasing addons though!

• Like 1

G'day Rock,

Nice update there. Looking forward to whatever you release. Kinda hoping it's the Albion, but I'll be happy which ever way you go! Will the Albion have a davit for the ducks?

• Like 1

There's a lot of work in that update, appreciate all your efforts!

For the record, decorating is NEVER done. Admittedly, using paint cans as furniture is a true WIP.

• Like 2

keep up the good work rockie... nice to see the man being touched up proberly..

Really excited to see all these coming together nice. Keep it up

Out of interest, are the cranes going to be functional on the LPD? and will they use some version of the "slingload" method, or a custom solution using PhysX ropes?

2 hours ago, [evo] dan said:

Out of interest, are the cranes going to be functional on the LPD? and will they use some version of the "slingload" method, or a custom solution using PhysX ropes?

First version they will be static.  I just struggle to see a reason to make them active.  The Davits for the LCVPs, that makes sense to me but the main deck crane not so much.

Later versions once i get my head around the key binding and scripting then it will probably get revisited.  It a feature i need for other ships.

• Like 3

Just added some more WIP of the HAMs.

large.HAM04.jpg.9bce03d4daabede4cccf9a07

• Like 15

You have me thinking of ditching the Ivecos....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wld427 said:

You have me thinking of ditching the Ivecos....

Your Ivecos were lovely, Ed, except they weren't  very realistic... they never broke down! :)

• Like 3

Just added the seating in the back.  Im off for an early lunch and a beer.

large.20170707105012_1.jpg.5af7cc6825ce4

More Pics on the RKSL Site too. CLICK HERE

• Like 13

nice Rock, but isnt the "dildo" seats roll cage more rounded

4zM4N3A.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J. McMerry said:

nice Rock, but isnt the "dildo" seats roll cage more rounded

I was told the rounded ones are the older German design that Roush was pushing but were too expensive and didnt have any space to store your bergan etc.  So taking inspiration from 1960's British Rail; they redesigned them with an overhead luggage rack and made them from cheaper stock (which also equals less rigid form the look of it).

Anyway this is what i was given as reference for the British ones.  Apparently taken from a scrapped RLC HX60 which is now in Whitham's yard.  The lad I got these off is a RLC Captain so I'm only going off best evidence.

Seatracks.jpg

And given the already silly poly count, this design is the lesser of the two.  And even if it is wrong I'm not going to change it now.  There are probably only half a dozen of us that will notice or care about the difference. :)

EDIT - Just been told by a old Reg mate that the design i have is intended for the DAFs (but was used on some MANs).  And I should smack my mate Mark :P  Either way Its not a million miles out so I'm sticking with it as I cant be arsed to change it right now.  So there :P

PS in my day all you got was park bench seating.  Splinters were not optional.

• Like 7

true, having all the pipes in the rendered would kill the FPS for any one thats in the back.

Man truck looks great! Hows the Foxhound coming along by the way?

7 minutes ago, Flynn375 said:

Man truck looks great! Hows the Foxhound coming along by the way?

Very well.  I'm trying to sort the rvmats.  An issue i'm having with other models too.  I do also have a problem with the damage setup and one of the turrets.  Its playing silly buggers.  Randomly flicking between states.  I just havent had the patience to work out whats going wrong :P

EDIT:

Mark the RLC herbert would like me to add something:

Thats not exactly what i said.  You are making me sound like a numpty.  I did tell you about the Enhanced Seating design differences....<lots of ranting about how i obviously wasnt listening...rude things about Rockapes...you get the picture>...The original batch of Roush seats were very expensive for what they were and did not live up to the spec so had to be slightly redesigned.  Better plastic seats different mounts and a lighter frame material.  As a short term fix we adapted the Daf ones you have.  Some are still in use but the Roush ones are more common.  But no one likes them since they fit absolutely no one.  But neither did the DAF ones.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

EDIT - Just been told by a old Reg mate that the design i have is intended for the DAFs (but was used on some MANs).  And I should smack my mate Mark :P  Either way Its not a million miles out so I'm sticking with it as I cant be arsed to change it right now.  So there :P

If it was used on some MANs, then this must be one of them. :) Simple. Who says that every vehicle available has to be the most bog-standard example. It's nice if it is, but we can use a less common variation just fine.

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

If it was used on some MANs, then this must be one of them. :) Simple. Who says that every vehicle available has to be the most bog-standard example. It's nice if it is, but we can use a less common variation just fine.

In my experience both variants of the ROPS are fairly common

Either way you end up with a headache and a sore back

@rock are you planning on doing an uparmoured version?

59 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

In my experience both variants of the ROPS are fairly common

Either way you end up with a headache and a sore back

@rock are you planning on doing an uparmoured version?

We've been having a long discussion in the pub tonight.  The consensus is that we all think the old wooden benches in the Bedfords are better.

Long live the park bench!

Uparmoured - probably at some point.  I want to get the basics all done first since a few things are dependant on them.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

We've been having a long discussion in the pub tonight.  The consensus is that we all think the old wooden benches in the Bedfords are better.

Long live the park bench!

Uparmoured - probably at some point.  I want to get the basics all done first since a few things are dependant on them.

ROPS sucks but I've never fallen out of the back of a truck fitted with it....

Wish I could say the same for benches though

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

ROPS sucks but I've never fallen out of the back of a truck fitted with it....

Wish I could say the same for benches though

I have, probably rose tinted but fond memories of the benches. Oddly enough one of which is watching a LAC fallout of the back and run after us.  :)

All good fun. :don11:

• Like 3

what is long..... hard.... and full of................................. oh never mind....

:)

• Like 2