25 minutes ago, p_siddy said:

Well... Okay.

But would still be cool. 

You can hunt these once IAP phase 2 comes out.  ,..and assuming i can work out how to get big subs to submerge.

large.Victorclass.JPG.fbfe746b04d169ba27

30 minutes ago, Foxone said:

It's not really hunting for a sub if the sub can't dive :tounge_o:

But excellent work rock! :wink_o:

OK how about I make it hydroplane at 1200kph.... lets see you catch the sucker then. :f:

• Like 11

1 minute ago, rksl-rock said:

OK how about I make it hydroplane at 1200kph.... lets see you catch the sucker then. :f:

If it's radar can turn on and off then yes, otherwise it's an EZ target :tounge_o:

1 minute ago, Foxone said:

If it's radar can turn on and off then yes, otherwise it's an EZ target :tounge_o:

It will be stealthy AF.  Once its submerged it will be hard to find no matter what.  Thats why i want the Merlin HM2: Dipping sonar is going to be fun.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rksl-rock said:

It will be stealthy AF.  Once its submerged it will be hard to find no matter what.  Thats why i want the Merlin HM2: Dipping sonar is going to be fun.

Yeah,really looking forward to it!

1 minute ago, Foxone said:

Yeah,really looking forward to it!

large.5946f2f5c61de_merlinhm1dipping.JPG

• Like 18

1 minute ago, rksl-rock said:

(Pic)

OOOOOH pretty :eyeheart:

2 minutes ago, rksl-rock said:

large.5946f2f5c61de_merlinhm1dipping.JPG

Teasing us a lot tonight Rock :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tom.tucka said:

Teasing us a lot tonight Rock :) 

In a good mood. 

And there has been quite a lot of progress in the last few weeks.

• Like 7

Rock might be worth getting in touch with the creator of the Swedish Forces pack as they have a Submarine in their pack, that may submerge (Not 100% Sure). However, even if they don't I am sure they may have been tinkering around and 2 heads are better than one. (Provided both of you are willing to give up "Sensitive info :f: )

6 hours ago, Bulajunior14 said:

Rock might be worth getting in touch with the creator of the Swedish Forces pack as they have a Submarine in their pack, that may submerge (Not 100% Sure). However, even if they don't I am sure they may have been tinkering around and 2 heads are better than one. (Provided both of you are willing to give up "Sensitive info :f: )

I've already looked at it. The first version i tried was an old one and that just sank. Which was a metaphor for my hopes and dreams.  :)

But I just got the latest Steam version this morning.  It does work, just very slowly.  Looking at the in-game config viewer they arent that different to the stock BIS  SDV config.  Thanks to a number of people discussing the problem with me and some serious forum trawling, I've now got a much better idea of how the submarinex class works.  I'm just going to have to come at the problem a different way.  Fingers crossed it will work.

• Like 11

Cant wait to get some update on sub dive, fingers crossed :)

On 2017-6-22 at 10:43 PM, p_siddy said:

Loving the pictures on the RKSL Facebook Rock!

I forgot to post the update here yesterday.

And tonight I added the Spearfish...just need to work out how to actually make them work now....open to ideas...anyone...?

Spearfish

• Like 12

15 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

The Swedish armed forces mod has a sub with torpedoes. Probably worth talking to the maker about it as he seems pretty open about stuff.

• Like 2

I'm having another good week.  Steady progress with the Subs, the LPD is moving forward after a small bump in the road with texturing.  And yesterday this happened:

• Like 9

Is that autogyro actually an autogyro? :) That is, is the FM correct, or is it just a fancy helo/VTOL? AFM might be up to task of simulating such a thing, I suppose, but I never seen it done in ArmA.

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Is that autogyro actually an autogyro? :) That is, is the FM correct, or is it just a fancy helo/VTOL? AFM might be up to task of simulating such a thing, I suppose, but I never seen it done in ArmA.

Its not a helicopter or VTOL...just class plane with special config setup.  You cant hover.  It can fly as slow as 30kph and requires forward flight to stay in the air.  So in the arma engine...its a gyro.

• Like 3

I guess that's as close as you're going to get in ArmA. The real autogyro is more like an autorotating helicopter (including helo-style controls) that can control forward speed using throttle/prop pitch control. Odd birds, but considering that there's been a recent resurgence of interest in gyrodynes (same thing, but with an optionally powered rotor) in the US military, maybe we can hope for a better implementation in ArmA4...

32 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I guess that's as close as you're going to get in ArmA. The real autogyro is more like an autorotating helicopter (including helo-style controls) that can control forward speed using throttle/prop pitch control. Odd birds, but considering that there's been a recent resurgence of interest in gyrodynes (same thing, but with an optionally powered rotor) in the US military, maybe we can hope for a better implementation in ArmA4...

I doubt there will be any Autogyro or gyrodyne class in ArmA4.  Its really unecessary.  The setup i have here is pretty close to the real control system, atleast as far as most games simulate it.  And given you can effectively autorotate with the proper setup its probably not going to be worth the development time.

The only issue i have right now is animating the rotor disc so that it spins relative to speed.  I've had some success without scripting but it does look a bit odd at times mid flight but i think i may have found a way to make it look a little less of a problem.

The reason for making this was really simple.  I like the look of it and wanted to see if i could make it fly properly.  There won't be an armed version of it. Anyway once i finish the materials and damage setup ill push out a beta and you can see for yourself.

• Like 3

Rock

Next thing will be making "Little Jenny"!!!!

33 minutes ago, mankyle said:

Rock

Next thing will be making "Little Jenny"!!!!

Little Nelly?  Nope never going to happen.  I will not arm these things :)

Passengers on the other hand...

gallery-1452545881-c3ad7301d43f.jpg

• Like 3

Nice work Rock. Nice to see something a bit different out there.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:15 AM, rksl-rock said:

I doubt there will be any Autogyro or gyrodyne class in ArmA4.  Its really unecessary.  The setup i have here is pretty close to the real control system, atleast as far as most games simulate it.  And given you can effectively autorotate with the proper setup its probably not going to be worth the development time.

The only issue i have right now is animating the rotor disc so that it spins relative to speed.  I've had some success without scripting but it does look a bit odd at times mid flight but i think i may have found a way to make it look a little less of a problem.

The reason for making this was really simple.  I like the look of it and wanted to see if i could make it fly properly.  There won't be an armed version of it. Anyway once i finish the materials and damage setup ill push out a beta and you can see for yourself.

I too have an autogyro (actually two) in the works and got puzzled by the anim for the rotor. I tried speed, but noticed that when using autopilot to land, the speed remains constant so the blade doesn't spin :(. I thought about scripting it, but I'll take your word for it that it doesn't look good. I just ended up setting the anim source to rotor like the propeller does. It stops when you shut down the engine, but at least it spins properly. Looks like a wonderful model, would enjoy flying it around :smile_o:. Side note, how did you do the flight model? Mine can get low as 30 km/h without stalling, but she doesn't slow down very well. Once again, great work and I look forward to seeing more!