Starting to get everything out of Modo and ingame and working.

LCVP Mk5

• Like 25

Looking amazing Rock!!

Rock, this looks amazing mate. Look forward to seeing more screenshots.

But can you use ViV for a Ford Fiesta inside it?

• Like 2

Just now, slatts said:

But can you use ViV for a Ford Fiesta inside it?

You make me a Ford Fiesta and I'll make it happen :f:

• Like 3

On 5/22/2017 at 2:59 PM, rksl-rock said:

And of course, the new engine changes add another few layers of complication re weapons and pylons etc.

I just wanted to remark on this last part of your blurb on the Typhoon V3.011: as far as I could tell the BIKI seemed pretty useful as far as the pylons/weapons configuration; have you already been consulting it in the past three weeks? The system works seemingly 1:1 for fixed-wing as for rotary-wing.

39 minutes ago, chortles said:

I just wanted to remark on this last part of your blurb on the Typhoon V3.011: as far as I could tell the BIKI seemed pretty useful as far as the pylons/weapons configuration; have you already been consulting it in the past three weeks? The system works seemingly 1:1 for fixed-wing as for rotary-wing.

Yes I've been using that for reference.

The issue with the Typhoon setup i had in ArmA2 was the pylons.  I had them set as a proxy that let you choose between, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 Pylon groups.  Replicating that in the new system is complicating things a bit.

Hmm, admittedly I'm wondering just why you'd want to replicate that in the new system? After all, if you're looking at an in-mission loadout menu the new scripting commands introduced in 1.70 can be the underpinning of one.

14 minutes ago, chortles said:

Hmm, admittedly I'm wondering just why you'd want to replicate that in the new system? After all, if you're looking at an in-mission loadout menu the new scripting commands introduced in 1.70 can be the underpinning of one.

If you google the Typhoon pics you'll a lot of different pylon configurations.  Not every nation uses the same configuration.  EG UK FGR4 vs German and Italian F2s dont use/fit the inboard pylons.  Also if you look at the Air Policing role you'll also notice that only the mid and outboard pylons are fitted.  And some times only the centerline and outboard pylons are actually used.

This is also an isse on pretty much every single combat aircraft out there.  Its something i believe needs to be part of the addon.  Hence why im spending time working it out.

@rksl-rock If by "fit pylons" you meant the pylons themselves being present/installed... you could place a Black Wasp II and/or a Shikra alongside their respective "(Stealth)" variant in the Editor and open up their loadout menu in their Attributes window to see the difference in their loadout possibilities, then use the Config Viewer to glimpse how this was done and adapt their all-internal-bays examples to create your own Typhoons with each varying in which pylons are available?

8 minutes ago, chortles said:

@rksl-rock If by "fit pylons" you meant the pylons themselves being present/installed... you could place a Black Wasp II and/or a Shikra alongside their respective "(Stealth)" variant in the Editor and open up their loadout menu in their Attributes window to see the difference in their loadout possibilities, then use the Config Viewer to glimpse how this was done and adapt their all-internal-bays examples to create your own Typhoons with each varying in which pylons are available?

If, in my sleep deprived state i understand you correctly the short answer is; That wont work how i want it to.

The long answer is:  

Option 1 - Configure the aircraft to have no pylons fitted at all.  Just hardpoints*. You would then fit the pylons which would then allow you to fit weapons and their carriers.  

Plane

V

Pylon

V

Carrier

V

Weapon

Option 2 - Maybe even have the pylon and carriers modeled as one.

Plane

V

Pylon & Carrier

V

Weapon

Option 1 is my prefered method, but for the sake of simplicity option 2 maybe the way forward.  I'm already part way through refurbing all the weapons i've made over the years.  I've added in another 20 or so varients, derivatives, clones etc to support some of my other projects.  But returning to the Typhoon, given how many possible loadout there are I dont want to resort to having a different model for each combination.  

I've really only just dipped my toe into all of this so far.  I had done significant work on a gui system before BIS announced their new system.  And it does solve some of the problems i was facing but the changes to the ammo system cause others so ive had to go back to square one anyway.  I just need to spend a bit more time on it.

* Harpoints are the actual locations where the pylon would fit.  In the real world these are location on the aircraft that are structurally strong enough to cope with the mass and dynamic load of a weapon or fuel hanging off them and has the wiring and piping to support them.

• Like 2

Is the model.cfg source pylonIsEmpty.## (pylonIsEmpty.1 pylonIsEmpty.2 etc. etc.) good what you are wanting from the Typhoon pylon configurations?

If you don't select a munition from the loadout menu for a pylon/hardpoint it will animate the aircraft to the value = 1 state of the animation.

So you can do e.g.

class pylon4_hide
			{
				type = "hide";
				source = "pylonIsEmpty.4";
				selection = "pylon4";
				hidevalue = 1;
			};

And if nobody select a missile/bomb to go on the 4th pylon defined in class pylons for the aircraft, it wont show the model's pylon4 bone/selection.

From what I've tested the source only animates based on the loadout selection being <empty> and doesn't animate based on when the bomb/missile etc. is released from the pylon if there was one there at the start of the mission (i.e. not when the magazine on that pylon is empty).

18 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Is the model.cfg source pylonIsEmpty.## (pylonIsEmpty.1 pylonIsEmpty.2 etc. etc.) good what you are wanting from the Typhoon pylon configurations?

If you don't select a munition from the loadout menu for a pylon/hardpoint it will animate the aircraft to the value = 1 state of the animation.

So you can do e.g.

class pylon4_hide
			{
				type = "hide";
				source = "pylonIsEmpty.4";
				selection = "pylon4";
				hidevalue = 1;
			};

And if nobody select a missile/bomb to go on the 4th pylon defined in class pylons for the aircraft, it wont show the model's pylon4 bone/selection.

From what I've tested the source only animates based on the loadout selection being <empty> and doesn't animate based on when the bomb/missile etc. is released from the pylon if there was one there at the start of the mission (i.e. not when the magazine on that pylon is empty).

Well thats makes me feel bloody stupid.

I'll have a crack at that later. Cheers

• Like 1

Nah, mate. No worries: It's not like there's a practical example for how it works on any of the planes or helis currently in Arma, for any of us to realise that this feature even exists.

And the wiki description and source name sounded like it could be six of one, half a dozen of another. Hence why I had to test it after reading the thread.

• Like 2

@rksl-rock From what I see Bravo Zero One (Jets DLC) and Bohemia's (base game) method was plane+pylon > carrier+weapon for all vanilla jets, so I'm interested in seeing the result of da12theMonkey's technique on your Typhoons! On the other hand, the reason for B01/Bohemia's jets leaving the pylons visible even when empty may be because the visual absence or presence of the pylons (much less stores installed underneath) does nothing to change the aircraft's radar cross section, which is solely determined by the vehicle's radarTargetSize value.

• Like 1

HMS Vanguard in ArmA3... nice low poly model, she is drivable. and looks the part.

However she will not submerge!

I've tried everything. The model is now (mostly) neutraly bouyant, and rides nicely through the waves but nothing I do seems to change that fact it will not submerge!

Interestingly, the model now has a mass of 6,585,000 kilos...its driving me maaaaaaad!

Anyone that has got a large sub in game and working I'd appreciate know what the magic trick is.

19264752_656908817838885_315070097244349

More pics at: https://www.facebook.com/RKSLStudios/

• Like 12

Looks beautiful Rock! As always! Just need some sub-hunting Wildcats/Merlins now :p haha (I know the ASW version of the Wildcat is export only)

Just now, p_siddy said:

Looks beautiful Rock! As always! Just need some sub-hunting Wildcats/Merlins now :p haha (I know the ASW version of the Wildcat is export only)

Well there is a Merlin HM2 inbound at some point but why would you want to hunt Royal Navy subs?

• Like 3

Loving all the work you're doing Rock!! You planning a MK10 in the future?

Just now, tom.tucka said:

Loving all the work you're doing Rock!! You planning a MK10 in the future?

It will be part of the LPD.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rksl-rock said:

Well there is a Merlin HM2 inbound at some point but why would you want to hunt Royal Navy subs?

It's not really hunting for a sub if the sub can't dive :tounge_o:

But excellent work rock! :wink_o:

53 minutes ago, rksl-rock said:

Well... Okay.

But would still be cool.