it puts the texture on the Kfir....

I think the term is "poodle"

• Like 1

Bit of a surpise coming later...

You'll like it.

I think...

• Like 7

HOLY CRAP!!! 

Is this the boat you were talking about?

Is it the Lynx? (Hiding awkward boner)

Or is it the Puma? Or Merlin?

Ooo or is it the Albion??

Ehm Eurofighter maybe......

50 minutes ago, p_siddy said:

Is it the Lynx? (Hiding awkward boner)

Or is it the Puma? Or Merlin?

Ooo or is it the Albion??

Damn it Siddy!

Ok, since Siddy has let the cat out... tonight's release will be a BETA of Albion/Bulwark class LPDs.

I've been travelling again and been stuck for something to do in the evenings so I've been playing with an old model I've had for some time.  I though its about time to get it finished and out there.

LPD_Release-March-2017.jpg

Apologies for the pics.  Im using a Surface Pro4 so it really doesnt have the GPU to do much more than everything on low.

Features:

• LPD with helipad.
  • PhysX compatible.
  • Drivable.
  • Multicrew positions

Still to do:

• While the txtures do look ok there is still more work to do.  RVMATs etc
  • The CWIS isnt functioning.
  • The PhysX in the dock is a bit tempermental I need to work on the Geometry a bit more.
  • Animations - radar and cranes etc still need work.  
  • Loading management scripts - while the entire thing is PhysX compatible so you can drive around it.  If you want to load something and expect it to stay put while you move the ship you need to lock it down.  The scripted slots are limited and i'm working on expanding these..
  • Destruction - I'm planning on makeing it sinkable.  Which means debris and lift rafts etc.
  • Various other bits and pieces.

Feedback is gratefully recieved as this should prove out the tech for the larger ships, HMS Ocean, Carrier and Logistics stuff we have in work.

Rock

The testers have just found a few issues.  I'm going to fix these and I'm just tidy up the last of the model errors.  I'm hoping to upload it to the RKSL Stite about 2200UK time.

• Like 14

I am glad you have finally your way around some of the hangups. Cant wait to toss the new version into my bathtub and give it a go. 

20 minutes ago, slatts said:

Hyyyyyype

Haters gonna Hate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rksl-rock said:

Haters gonna Hate.

That wasn't sarcasm or anything. I'm legit excited for any RKSL addons 

• Like 4

Running a bit late.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the RVMATS...

I'll post as soon as I upload.

• Like 6

Nice to see more big ships making their way to arma!

Have you considered making it a static object instead?

Considering the purpose of this kind of ship it would be easier to manage logistics and such.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chairborne said:

Considering the purpose of this kind of ship it would be easier to manage logistics and such.

Not sure about it, but maybe rock did some black magic and managed to pull it off without restrictions in terms of moving on it? Otherwise I would agree with you.

I have to say - amazing addition to our Navy... We've needed something like this to play with for a while and I thoroughly recommend everyone to grab this asap !

• Like 3

I have to say the artwork and colours are great, a job well done!

• Like 3

A revolutionary mod for Arma, this will change the way we play from now on, absolutely astonishing. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 2:29 AM, rksl-rock said:

Anyway, yes.  The C is in storage. The B is in the paintshop and waiting to see what the Jets DLC brings.

So the B's simply awaiting the Jets platform update documentation -- there's quite a bit on the BIKI already -- and the difference with the C is differing model/texture progress? No complaint here.

Oh, and since you're working on F-35s... after all the talk about faux-RWRs in the sensors overhaul thread I eventually thought that it seems like Bohemia got all the vanilla jets aboard the sensor fusion bandwagon. :f:

Thanks for everyone that played along and not ruin the surprise.  Its seems the Landing Platform Ducks were a success.

19 hours ago, Chairborne said:

The "proper" ships are large static objects.  The intent is pretty much as you suggest.  The ships will be bases.  The Landing Platform Docks and LPH (Ocean) with be essentially large bases with the appropriate child vessels and equipment.

5 hours ago, chortles said:

So the B's simply awaiting the Jets platform update documentation -- there's quite a bit on the BIKI already -- and the difference with the C is differing model/texture progress? No complaint here.

Oh, and since you're working on F-35s... after all the talk about faux-RWRs in the sensors overhaul thread I eventually thought that it seems like Bohemia got all the vanilla jets aboard the sensor fusion bandwagon. :f:

Well the B is a much better in terms of standard.  It was made using the lessions learned from the original B model and the subsequent C.  I remade the entire B including a far more detailed cockpit.  

There is some re-texture work to be done but mostly its just finishing the cockpit and instrumenation and I want to remake the landing gear.

Time permitting the C will follow the B some time later.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

Returning from the Empire of the Duck...

Who is up for joining the "NU" Peacekeeping Forces?

That sounds like my cup of tea.