Is there still being worked on ?

Could we get any Status Report ? ^^

PS: This is not a request when its get released, because i know you would say when its done ^^

Is there still being worked on ?

Could we get any Status Report ? ^^

PS: This is not a request when its get released, because i know you would say when its done ^^

Status Report:

Still Alive.  

Nothing dead.  

Limping along slowly due to real life.

Changing circumstances.

Work Commitments.

Women - Psychotic kind.

Alcohol.

Lots and lots more Alcohol

...and vinyl silk emulsion paint.  Soooooo much fecking paint.

Message Ends.

• Like 8

Status Report:

Still Alive.  

Nothing dead.  

Limping along slowly due to real life.

Changing circumstances.

Work Commitments.

Women - Psychotic kind.

Alcohol.

Lots and lots more Alcohol

...and vinyl silk emulsion paint.  Soooooo much fecking paint.

Message Ends.

ARE WE THERE YET  lol

"psychotic kind"... isn't that saying "women of the woman kind" lol  (sorry that was just too good to pass on)

Mass quantities of alcohol can cure many things :P

No one can reach that quality for a good Eurofighter THAN the one of Rock

I never built my EF2000 to "compete" with Rock's work.  His is much prettier.  You're missing the point of my EF2000 mod.  Apples != Oranges.

• Like 3

I never built my EF2000 to "compete" with Rock's work.  His is much prettier.  You're missing the point of my EF2000 mod.  Apples != Oranges.

I don't make addons to compete. I make addons because I revel in making something accurate, detailed and 100% genuinely unique.

It is about proving myself, but only to myself.  Not to anyone else.

• Like 7

typh300_tease_th.jpg

Just to assure people that things are progressing.  A few WIP teaser shots.

(Click the pic for link to RKSL Website Gallery)

• Like 15

yeah its getting there... nice mate.. keep it going hopefully well see a model soon :D haha

I tell you what.  You finish all the the projects you promised me, the stuff i've been waiting 3-4 years for.  Oh and your your own M113 and I'll release everything thats on sat on my Q drive.

And no I'm not smiling or laughing.

• Like 3

In reply to the now deleted comment; No "this isn't dead".

I've chosen to be a bit quieter about what i'm doing because I seem to be getting shit no matter what i do.  

• If i explain whats going on - "hes just bragging and teasing us...he'll never release anything."
  • If I stay quiet - "RKSL is dead i told you he'd never release anything."

Both of these just remove any motivation to do anything public again.  And lets face it its not like you bought anything from me.  You've never contributed to me and mine for the time we invested.  So my own opinion/theory about whiners/whingers and abusive critics...you must have absolutely no life and probably very small genitalia to get so angry about a computer game mod.  Just saying...

The reality here can be represented by a quite simple formula:

(Hours in the week) - (Work + Commute/Travel time + Social Life + Sleeping + Household chores) = Free Time.

So we then need to factor in the the esoteric variable of Motivation.

(Abuse / 2) *  ((interest in ArmA3) / Fatigue)) = Motivation

You can also express this another way:

Abuse / (F@#%s given) = Motivation

Combining the two derived values we come down to the simplified expression:

Free time * Motivation = "Free Time to Mod"

So the bottom line is When Free Time to Mod is a lower value, very little gets done.  No amount of abuse and little dicked people screaming and making up BS stories and fantasies about what i am doing right now only will increase motivation for public releases.

So in one last attempt at being open...  Here is an honest statement of what i'm thinking right now.

General Issues:

1. Hold everything and release an RAF Faction?
    1. Then an Army Faction
    2. Then an RN Faction
  2. Or Release individual addons?
  3. Make everything and release a complete Mod Pack?
    1. Possible release in tiers? More on this as a blog post coming soon.
  4. Why don't beer bottles self replenish?
  5. Can I design a beer delivery system to my chair? 
  6. Photoshop on my main system seems to be having a bit of a wobble and quits working at inconvenient times.
  7. I've learnt a tonne of new tricks and techniques which make some of the other models seem too complicated/ugly/clumsy.
  8. I really don't seem to be able to write some of the scripts I want to.  Looking for other solutions soon.
  9. I'm spending a lot of time travelling and working again so baking textures on a Surface Pro4 isn't always practical.

Technical Issues:

1. Planes - I've run into a the issue of the upcoming planes DLC.  I've been playing with the Dev build and I'm tempted to hold back until the DLC to release so i don't have to do everything twice.
  2. Helos & PhysX - I've ported all the helos into A3 now.  Some with retractable landing gear seem to have an issue with placement in Eden.  The wheels are retracted on placement so it takes damage instantly.  I haven't found a solution yet.
  3. Hidden Selections/Texture swaps seem to work fine on the first or second lods then revert to what ever the base colour is... on the upside I might have accidentally found a way to make adaptive camouflage...:P
  4. Testing - My own Dedicated server isn't really up tot he task or testing for large numbers.  need to address that too.

And finally because I believe that if you cant change someone's perception of you by explanation you should just treat them exactly how they expect you too.

Here is the prebake model for the HAM aka MAN Trucks I've been working on since i got back from the UAE this earlier week.

Doesitlookdeadtoyou.JPG

So is RKSL dead?  

No.  

Is Rock motivated?

To make things I want to make and how & when I want to make them?  Then Yes.  

Does Rock care about the petty abuse/insults/demands/lies/BS being spread by certain people in the ArmA3 community?

F@#k no, but I am tired of hearing about it.

Are we all Happy now?

:)

• Like 31

Glad to see you're not dead in a ditch somewhere, Rock. Keep up the good work.

Hold everything and release an RAF Faction?

1. Then an Army Faction
  2. Then an RN Faction

This would allow you to release a addon and see how it performs overall. For example if the first addon that is released would be the RAF faction, that would most likely stop people crying and would give you the opportunity to work on other things in peace. Some bugs could be fixed along with other versions released. 

1. Can I design a beer delivery system to my chair? 

Yes, as long as you're an engineer. :)

1. I really don't seem to be able to write some of the scripts I want to.  Looking for other solutions soon.

I remember you mentioning you don't like to use other's people stuff or anything like that. But there are some cool people out there with some interesting scripts that might be answer to your issues. 

1. Planes - I've run into a the issue of the upcoming planes DLC.  I've been playing with the Dev build and I'm tempted to hold back until the DLC to release so i don't have to do everything twice.

Yes this sounds like a good idea, its not far away and it brings few new things to the table. 

1. Testing - My own Dedicated server isn't really up tot he task or testing for large numbers.  need to address that too.

This could be arranged. Check private inbox. 

Overall its really nice to hear from you. Keep doing what you do best. 

• Like 2

Just remember Rock.... you could be locked in my basement and pumping out models for food and water.....

"it puts the texture on the Kfir or it gets the hose again......"

or not... but I still love ya brother. Keep up the good work. I am proud to showcase your models in my mods. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, wld427 said:

Just remember Rock.... you could be locked in my basement and pumping out models for food and water.....

"it puts the texture on the Kfir or it gets the hose again......"

or not... but I still love ya brother. Keep up the good work. I am proud to showcase your models in my mods. 

See its comments like that, that make me reluctant to visit.  :P

Put the hose down and more samples might be forthcoming...

• Like 6

You told me you go specifically for the hosing! Playing hard to get again, I see.

• Like 1

there is nothing wrong with a good piece of hosing... as long as someone is there to recieve it ..

7 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Yeah. Solo hosing makes you go blind

I noticed you wear glasses.....

• Like 4

On 10/02/2017 at 1:33 AM, rksl-rock said:

My god that is looking good :D 

Truly remarkable attention to detail. :)

Edited by Guest
removed quoted images as per forum rules!

On 2/9/2017 at 5:33 PM, rksl-rock said:

General Issues:

1. Hold everything and release an RAF Faction?
    1. Then an Army Faction
    2. Then an RN Faction
  2. Or Release individual addons?
  3. Make everything and release a complete Mod Pack?
    1. Possible release in tiers? More on this as a blog post coming soon.

Whatever's easier for you to maintain post-release in the event of inevitable stupid bugs that the community will find like if you land it on a billboard into a weasterly wind under moonlight then the helicopters blades fall off.

• Why don't beer bottles self replenish?
  • Can I design a beer delivery system to my chair? 

May I suggest re-purposing some modding time into some home brewery and bar time...? The psychotic women in your life might even support it when you show them how much money you can save for them to spend on shoes.

I really don't seem to be able to write some of the scripts I want to.  Looking for other solutions soon.

Fiverr? :P

I'm spending a lot of time travelling and working again so baking textures on a Surface Pro4 isn't always practical.

Kinda always wondered if it's practical to do that sort of stuff wireless yet on a home workstation and using the Pro 4 for the non-automated parts, so far I haven't looked into it but it should be theoretically possible... as long as you're not on a network charging $400 per megabyte like BA or Singapore Airlines.

Technical Issues:

Might be worth talking to some of the guys in the RHS team, from what I last heard they were short on programmers but they've got a good knowledge base for the model and physx side with the recent changes.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 6:25 PM, KomaKommander said:

Theres your Beer delivery System :P

Currently working in a place with a pneumatic delivery system. I can guarantee that'd break down about every 25 minutes :P

• Like 2

When I force feed ArmA3 with your ArmA2 version of EF-2000, I felt in love with that jet, the model have been done perfectly, it beats all the jets in ArmA3 on cockpit model and also HUD (most accurate ILS system).

but sadly some physics are kinda wired and every time I try to taxi and land and the jet just turn "top-gun" to "initial-D" XD

I am looking forward for the release, good luck!

17240713_794532330697452_194593178592415

Rock I can't wait to see your work fully in ArmA3.

I'm really looking forward to your F-35 too but I presume that is on the back-burner?

I forget, did you start working on the F-35C because for a short time the Royal Navy was considering it in place of the F-35B or was it some other reason?

17 hours ago, reconteam said:

Rock I can't wait to see your work fully in ArmA3.

I'm really looking forward to your F-35 too but I presume that is on the back-burner?

I forget, did you start working on the F-35C because for a short time the Royal Navy was considering it in place of the F-35B or was it some other reason?

Yup the F-35C is on very slow burn.  But its not dead.  I might just jump into an Alternate reality where the British Government saw sense and didn't bow to their US wannabe Overlords. :f:

There was some serious polical pressure to stay with the F-35B. Economy of scale came into play.  By removing the british order fo the 'B' the cost of the USMC's aircraft went up 30-40% making it too expensive to buy the numbers they wanted.  While the F-35C cost became lower again and the US navy and the UK would have got a better deal.  But the USMC lobby was too strong and the UK government after 4 or so months caved in and back to 'B' we went.

The Royal Navy apparently wanted the F-35C all along (according to some) but the MoD/Government at the time decided that the F-35B was the best to replace the Harriers.  Which does make some sense although the STOVL features only really come into their own on short decks.  Which means "We" (ie Britain/Royal Navy) would be relegated to an extension of the USMC (as per US War doctrine :f: ).   So no deck sharing withthe USN, France etc.  Just the USMC and possibly the Italians...maybe.

Anyway, yes.  The C is in storage. The B is in the paintshop and waiting to see what the Jets DLC brings.

• Like 4