I know we've heard a bit regarding the Typhoon, but is there anything new on that there GR9, (Or am I speaking out of place)

I know we've heard a bit regarding the Typhoon, but is there anything new on that there GR9, (Or am I speaking out of place)

It is a bit early but since i havent had time to post anything a quick update won't hurt.

Ok for the record, the Typhoon is my focus right now but the Harrier is still in play.

Its needs quite a bit of work... it may not look like it but it I've recently changed my workflow because I found a much better way to do my textures.  Especially when i want to have multiple skins in the same package.

In terms of modelling work, not much left to do.  Only the odd in the cockpit.  But this does involve making a high poly to bake from since when i made this i didn't bake anything.  The results of using a baked texture are far superior so its going to be worth it.

As with any of the aircraft we are doing they all have a dependency on the RKSL Air Weapons pack.  I've expanded and improved its contents.  Some still need "polishing".

Flight model - The A3 engine adds some interesting new variables... I've tweaked the Typhoon flight model with - i believe - really good results.  I need to do the same with the Harrier.  Again it really does make a huge difference especially when low level flying.

HUD and MFDs - Prior to the introduction of the Sniper Targeting Pod, the real world RAF and RN Harriers used a HUD bombing cue called ARBS (Angle Rate Bombing Sytem).  I'm attempting to simulate this... don't ask its complicated and hard to explain without diagrams.  But like the A2 Typhoon it does have a fully active cockpit.  With Displays and dials all animated and (hopefully) meaningful.

One last word - It wont be the next plane released, but it will be released as soon as time and other projects permit.

• Like 11

Great to see your work, RKSL has a known history of high quality and for being perfectionists!

v excited for release hope all is going well!

any News?

Do you really want boring updates like learning that I've spent days making vector graphics for things like this because I couldn't find a font that matched my reference images?

Numbers.png

If there was interesting news we'd probably have posted it already. Unfortunately, most of addon-making isn't particularly exciting.

Drawing cool shit like falcons in photoshop is mildly more exciting than making numbers

1435Flt.png

but then you have to go and do something like a flying can-opener...

6Sqn.png

• Like 5

Wow... you drew those.. as in stylus and digital ink drew...

Wait.. let me stand up and applaud.

Okay done.

Look forward to it guys.

Nah was mostly using the mouse on the pen tool in PS or Illustrator - dragging them anchor points to fit curves.

I did use a stylus+tablet on some of the older .png graphics I had (like for 36 Stormo) and might still use a couple of those because I think they're big-enough resolution for what we need them for this time. However I wanted to make most of the newer decals with vector shapes so that I could save them as .svg or keep the .psd/ai path files and scale them to almost any resolution - it makes them easier to work with if I need them again in future for other things, or to edit/correct them when I find better ref images.

Fortunately there are .svg images for Germany's Eurofighter squadron emblems on Wikipedia, but I had to make new ones for most other operators.

• Like 1

I love the Eurofighter in GTA V its great. Gives a taster of whats to come :)

I love the Eurofighter in GTA V its great. Gives a taster of whats to come :)

Pardon?

EDIT:

NVM I thought you meant our model had been ripped and was in GTA V

Edit 2:

Oh IT IS IN GTAV...joy.

Pardon?

EDIT:

NVM I thought you meant our model had been ripped and was in GTA V

Edit 2:

Oh IT IS IN GTAV...joy.

It wasn't legit? I thought you knew about it, author credited you 

It wasn't legit? I thought you knew about it, author credited you 

No it wasn't. 

If you see ANY RKSL addons in any other game than the ArmA/OFP series it is NOT legit.

I knew it seemed a bit off 

Did they ported the A2 version to GTA ? wow 

Most GTA V vehicle models come from other games,  most vehicles are sourced from Driver:SF,FSX DCS or BF3/4.

It was a poor port anywho, Afterburners acted all wonky 

Thank you to the 5 people that reported the dodgy GTA port.  Well its now history.  The "Author" said he would remove it.  He didn't, I talked to the admins and they did.  End of.

On a slightly new topic:  We're slowly changing the RKSL Website and Forums over to a new platform with a new easy to manage set of tool and easier to navigate structure(eventually)

And as is the current fashion:

If you find anything thats "wonky" weird or just plain broke please let us know.

Thanks

Rock.

• Like 2

Looks nice, never knew you were working on the Hawk back in the day. 

Oh yeah and they were so much fun in ArmA1.  We spent ages just dog fighting with Guns over Paradiso.

Its the main reason I never finished the cockpits at the time. ;)

If you find anything thats "wonky" weird or just plain broke please let us know.

Just me busted forum account which is now working. Really good to talk again, fella. Stay safe.

Hey there rock was wondering what ground vics you got in the works such as the warrior, Viking or maybe your own version of the ridgeback. Plus good work on your fox hound can't wait to get my hands on the best.

Hey there rock was wondering what ground vics you got in the works such as the warrior, Viking or maybe your own version of the ridgeback. Plus good work on your fox hound can't wait to get my hands on the best.

Right now I'd rather not say too much.

I will say:

• Warrior is still a live project.  Just "On Pause" until i can finally finish the Typhoon v3.001.
  • DK's Chally is slowly coming together.
  • Foxhound v3.001 is also just about there.  Lots of new features in that.  Its been a really interesting ride that one.

More than that, yes there are other things in-work.  But I'd rather keep them as a surprise or i run the risk of being flamed for over promising.

Watch the website for more details.

:)

• Like 1

I'll just keep patiently waiting for the Eurofighter.  Thanks rock.

The plan was to release the v3.001 Typhoon on Christmas day but work got int he way and then the latest patch broke everything.  I just didnt want to rush to release something that didnt work properly.

Stick with me it will be worth it :P

• Like 5