i would bet it on modo...

nice model tris! good choice, lovely to see a auto-gyro

As Pufu said - Modo and some O2.

Cheers. 

Any chance of an armed version? GPMG underneath or something? :P

and rocket pods  ;)

Any chance of an armed version? GPMG underneath or something? :P

and rocket pods  ;)

You lot!  I bet you want guns on your guns on your guns!

OK, i have no plans at this time to arm the Arrow.  That doesnt mean i wont but right now i'm more interested in getting it in game and working. Before i add any huge complications

I believe I was privy to the fact Rock was making this, but hadn't actually seen it! Those renders look incredible dude! Nice work.

cvbbQaIoaSM

You know you wanna. :wub:

Trust me.  I dont!

OK - tiny bit of a Typhoon update as promised.

I know this is later than promised but I've had a lot on the last couple of week and its not easy to focus on modding.

Someone asked me "why is the Typhoon taking so long...?"

Partly because im still learning what is possbile in the A3 engine. Partly because I went a little bit bonkers and remapped EVERYTHING!!!

RKSL-Typhoon-300-3a-th.jpg

I never really liked the poor resolution on the A2 release Typhoon and recently i got a little frustrated trying to do a personal reskin. It just looked ugly so i thought i'd quickly resize and rebake everything... that looked worse. So i started unrwapping in anger.

RKSL-Typhoon-300-1a-th.jpg

People will certainly groan, "oh hes at it again". Yes I am and I really don't care what you think. Typically its the ones that moan that won't understand my motives. And quite frankly at this stage i am committed to finishing it so tough, you'll just have to wait :P

RKSL-Typhoon-300-2a-th.jpg

This will mean all the previous reskins will not work with the native A3 version.

• If you've spent time making legitimate plugins and reskins I apologise but there will be a template release for you to repaint in glorious High Res.
  • Air Weapons Pack has been re-worked and is only compatible with the A3 engine.  Using the A2 PBOs will cause the game to crash so please think before mixing PBOs.
  • I am aware of several illegal ports. If you are using one, *COUGH**COUGH* and are illegally modifying our addons *COUGH*They came clean and said they done the right thing now.*COUGH* I will be watching.  I don't tolerate thieves.  Read the EULA kids :)

While it is quite a drastic revamp it is actually a very worth while one.  The pics you see here are a few weeks old now so there is more progress than shown.  but i do want to hold back some surprises for release.

Cheers

Rock

1st September 2015

• Like 5

We have waited a long time already, waiting a little longer will not hurt us. 

At least we know it will be the highest quality and will work in MP. 

Keep up the good work, can't wait what's next. :) 

... can't wait what's next. :)

I was thinking something like this...

RKSL-HMS-Vanguard-3a.jpg

RKSL-HMS-Vanguard-2a.jpg

RKSL-HMS-Vanguard-1a.jpg

• Like 6

Damn thats a nice sub. And the typhoon is looking awesome!!!..... ( I can't wait for the Harrier and the Tonka remodels either :P [Just a wild guess but seeing as you've remodelled the Typhoon I thought I'd take a wild stab!])

Hope I get a decent pc to play with em in arma3

Damn thats a nice sub. And the typhoon is looking awesome!!!..... ( I can't wait for the Harrier and the Tonka remodels either :P [Just a wild guess but seeing as you've remodelled the Typhoon I thought I'd take a wild stab!])

Hope I get a decent pc to play with em in arma3

No this version is the same model as the A2 mesh. Just remapped.

But I do have a completely new Model I've been working on for v3.100. That is some time off.

• Like 1

Ah cool fair enough. Always love seeing your models sir... I also look forward to any of your new unseen things too. Know any good ArmA3 mod making tutorials?

IAP - Civilian Gyrocopter: As promised, just a few screenies and a bit of back story.

The aircraft is just meant to be a bit of something fun to play with. I started modelling it while sat in an airport bored to tears waiting for the weather to clear.

Oddly enough this all started because i was looking into flight models. I was actually writing a tutorial for someone and i realised there were no Autogyros, at least none done properly.  And with BIS' announcement about Tonoa and their nice new planes I thought IAP could use something unique.  So the Arrowcopter AC20 seemed like a good option.

The model isn't complete, for the sharp eyed among you you'll notice some missing bits, vanes, cowels etc.  There are still some things i want to add, change and adapt to suit my plans but its getting there.

iap-gyro-20_th.jpg

iap-gyro-11_th.jpg

http://rock.rkslstudios.info/IAP/images/WIP/iap-gyro-19.JPG

http://rock.rkslstudios.info/IAP/images/WIP/iap-gyro-18.JPG

http://rock.rkslstudios.info/IAP/images/WIP/iap-gyro-17.JPG

http://rock.rkslstudios.info/IAP/images/WIP/iap-gyro-16.JPG

http://rock.rkslstudios.info/IAP/images/WIP/iap-gyro-15.JPG

http://rock.rkslstudios.info/IAP/images/WIP/iap-gyro-13.JPG

I'm not going home tonight.  I'm still in the pub... :)  The Typhoon update will follow in the next few days.

Good to see RKSL are back in business, I've always been a fan of your work!

What are the chances of 007s "Little Nelly" making an appearance?

Nice submarine 

Someone should make a mission with it where the sub defects to CSAT, and a CSAT special forces officer has to prove to CSAT's navy that this sub is in fact defecting before a catastrophy occurs :P

Oh and half way through it they sing the CCCP anthem for some reason

Good to see RKSL are back in business, I've always been a fan of your work!

What are the chances of 007s "Little Nelly" making an appearance?

Absolutely none. I'm not doing any other Autogyros after this. And I really don't see the point of arming one. To the best of my knowledge outside of the movies no one has even armed one anyway.

Nice submarine 

Someone should make a mission with it where the sub defects to CSAT, and a CSAT special forces officer has to prove to CSAT's navy that this sub is in fact defecting before a catastrophy occurs :P

Oh and half way through it they sing the CCCP anthem for some reason

You are spending too much time on ArmA & Netflix... time to go outside! :)

cryptic - but I'm glad to know you're still around.

Does this mean we get to play with your frustratingly slow ships again?

Probably wouldn't be something we put in the addon.

But maybe I'll do one and let people download the .paa files for setobjecttexture purposes in a mission. I already did one for fun on the model's previous UV layout, but the new non-mirrored UVs would allow me to actually make the camo pattern accurately

• Like 2