modding arma 3 is harder than you all think it's create a lot of pain to everyone that has create or plan some projects !

Very nice plane thingy Rock :) Pass on congrats to messy for the foxhound, I just hope there's a lilt can in there somewhere ;)

Is DK still working on armour?

Arma don't feel right without some rksl air cover and messiah vehicles (I really miss the wmiks of old and their dodgy tires and that lilt can :D )

Very nice plane thingy Rock :) Pass on congrats to messy for the foxhound, I just hope there's a lilt can in there somewhere ;)

Is DK still working on armour?

Thanks

The Foxhound is still Messiah's creation and we are honouring the UKF heritage. :) There will always be Lilt!

Re DK: Yes he is, more on that another day perhaps.

Can i ask who you are?

Thanks

The Foxhound is still Messiah's creation and we are honouring the UKF heritage. :) There will always be Lilt!

Re DK: Yes he is, more on that another day perhaps.

Can i ask who you are?

I'm Ul an old bod from Volcbat mate :) Long in the tooth with fond memories of the OFP days.

Booce, kiss my shiny pink pate!

Tonka isn't the topic of discussion. Its a new strategy to stop the BS and flaming.

As long as it gets us more of your amazing addons, I'll make sacrifices for the good of the whole.

Not a terrible idea though and I can't say I blame you.

Did you give a guy called RobJ permission to do this?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480842174&tscn=1437268153

Nope.

He emailed me last night after he noticed i subscribed asking for my "blessing". He is in breach of our EULA though by porting it to ArmA3 without permission even though he hasn't actually modified the core files.

I'm still debating whether to take it further or not.

Edit - Found the answer to my question. never-mind :)

Edited by Bravo93
post no longer necessary.

Nope.

He emailed me last night after he noticed i subscribed asking for my "blessing". He is in breach of our EULA though by porting it to ArmA3 without permission even though he hasn't actually modified the core files.

I'm still debating whether to take it further or not.

I keep saying it on the steam page yet he takes the comments down. Added me as a friend but hasn't said anything.

I think it has been taken down, will the new version of euro-fighter have arming menu ?

... will the new version of euro-fighter have arming menu ?

Version 3.000 wont. Which is this version.

Version 3.100 - will have something if i can make it work. Its will be far more flexible than other systems if i can get the logic sorted.

Its not that i don't like John Spartan's interface. I do. I just don't like how much work it takes to get everything in. The typhoon for example currently/potentially supports 85 weapon types (including derivatives) and over 2000 combinations across 5 varients and 8 National Types. Its a lot of work. I'm going to try something new and hopefully something very flexible.

This is exciting, your Eurofighter for ARMA 2 was superb. I love the work on the Foxhound

Edited by OfficerAMR

Make sure you add in time for reloading Rock, putting on two tanks with one load team takes about 35-40 mins haha.

Regarding the Euro fighter FGR4 will the Litening pod function? And if so would a single aircraft be able to self designate a target and then fire upon it. Or will a wingman have to designate.

Make sure you add in time for reloading Rock, putting on two tanks with one load team takes about 35-40 mins haha.

You laugh but we were talking about building in some sort of load time. Ok not massive but certainly more than 30 seconds.

Regarding the Euro fighter FGR4 will the Litening pod function? And if so would a single aircraft be able to self designate a target and then fire upon it. Or will a wingman have to designate.

A large part of the delays has bene down to added functionality. I was trying to get a new turret system working but its not gone quite so well. So i may have to revert to a simpler option.

So the honest answer is " I certainly hope the Pod will work. But i can't promise anything right now."

I got to say its looks good and all, but trust me, its not comfortable to use. At the same time you got to control the plane and the pod which in arma is horrible. I think way better option would be the targeting pod like in F/A-18 or F-16 where you just point at the map. 

I've got another query, and it may be slightly pointless, but is there an all important BV in the Foxhound?

972613.jpg

No, just a can of Lilt same as was in Arma 2. Carbonated beverages are provided, as opposed to hot ones.

There wasn't a BV visible in the reference images that Messy had to model the interior so he wouldn't know where to put it even if he had modelled one.

I can't remember if I ever saw a BV in any of the real ones either tbh, but there probably is one stashed away under a rack somewhere in the back.

Hardly missing out on much though - they're just an unassuming stainless steel box, not a grand monument to tea emblazoned with etchings of HRH Queen Liz, winking as she enjoys a cuppa and a packet of Club biscuits

• Like 2

might make the bv for the chally if i make the interior for it.. though well see

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25763

Someone may have mentioned this before but this seems like a good idea rock. Dont quite know how it will transpose onto an actual pod but the theory looks sound. Course the typhoon is a multirole aircraft... Well, maybe one day.

I got to say its looks good and all, but trust me, its not comfortable to use. At the same time you got to control the plane and the pod which in arma is horrible. I think way better option would be the targeting pod like in F/A-18 or F-16 where you just point at the map.

I'm actually going for something completely different. i did try that method when it first came out and quickly concluded it wouldnt be too good at speed.   I believe there is a better way to do it.  I just need to spend some time with UNN as I think he's already cracked this with the UAV system he wrote last year.

I've got another query, and it may be slightly pointless, but is there an all important BV in the Foxhound?

I can assure you there is no BV in the Foxhound. However i did find a mini fridge in one of the RAF Regiment vehicles i was allowed to poke around in. It had 6x cans of Coke in it. No Lilt. :(

• Like 1

So Fuller released a new version of the USAF mod is there any chance you can contact him and integrate his  AESA, ECM and SEAD systems ? I mean those systems plus what you've already done with the EF would make it best plane mod out there. 

So Fuller released a new version of the USAF mod is there any chance you can contact him and integrate his  AESA, ECM and SEAD systems ? I mean those systems plus what you've already done with the EF would make it best plane mod out there.

I've not seen it. I'll need to go have a play.

But I will say this...

• Version 3.00X will be a slightly enhanced port of the A2 version, A3 features some common scripted solutions etc  There are already some undisclosed features in this version anyway ;)
  • Version 3.10X is something completely new.  With new scripts.  New models etc. New feature set.

At the risk of sounding arrogant - and please forgive me if it does because it isn't my intent - I've always been reluctant to use others scripts for a variety of reasons. Its always been the RKSL way to make our addons stand alone and 100% compatible with the Vanilla game.  But having said that; I have to admit its getting harder to develop new and unique content alone. So its not impossible that we might seek permission from other people. But so much depends on how these or any other "donated" scripts work and how much work is needed to make them run without errors that will be a huge factor if we use them or not.

And given how ambitious i'm trying to be with the newer A3 addons it might mean we have to make proprietary solutions. Much like the "loading menus" there may be limitations imposed by these scripts that comprise the addon in other ways.

• Version 3.00X will be a slightly enhanced port of the A2 version, A3 features some common scripted solutions etc  There are already some undisclosed features in this version anyway 

Oh boy can't wait to try that out. 

I've always been reluctant to use others scripts for a variety of reasons. Its always been the RKSL way to make our addons stand alone and 100% compatible with the Vanilla game.  But having said that; I have to admit its getting harder to develop new and unique content alone. So its not impossible that we might seek permission from other people. 

I don't think anyone will think any different of you  for getting help from somewhere else, as you said you're working on your own! there are some things you might need help with. I mention Fullers AESA and other systems as they're something that we have not really seen in Arma as of yet, thought it might be something you would be interested in :) 

Keep up the amazing work and hopefully we will see new version of it soon. :)

I don't think anyone will think any different of you  for getting help from somewhere else,...

Oh I don't give a stuff what people think about that. its more about not making more work for ourselves debugging problems caused by scripting conflicts etc. Doing everything in house does ensure we don't have issues with conflicts. :)