Sorry guys I was going to post the update but i read this first. I didn't think it was fair to tease you.

http://www.bistudio.com/monetization

I'm waiting to see a response from BIS before I do anything else.

My Question to BIS

What? If BIS doesn´t give a fair response, RKSL will cease all modwork? I guess most of the modders will follow you guys out too... Oh great, now AltisLife scandal is going to ruin the WHOLE BIS community... =P

;2870681']What? If BIS doesn´t give a fair response' date=' RKSL will cease all modwork? I guess most of the modder will follow you guys too...[/quote']I know I'm pretty much onboard with that.

;2870681']What? If BIS doesn´t give a fair response' date=' RKSL will cease all modwork? I guess most of the modders will follow you guys out too... Oh great, now AltisLife scandal is going to ruin the WHOLE BIS community... =P[/quote']

I've edited my question post and clarified the scenarios that concern me. I'm waiting to see just what the consequences are for people that violate these licences. Its not made clear in anything I've read so far.

But the apparent, and i really do emphasize the word, lack of legal action when there is a blatant breach of the word and spirit of the EULA is a major cause for concern. Currently A3L and other are just doing whatever they want and making a lot of money off the hard work of others. I just want re-assurance that BIS will actually enforce this new licence before I continue in the freeware public area.

Either that of I'll wait until payware is an option and use the funds to pay for the lawyers that i'm going to need :P

Pardon my lack of understanding but could somebody explain to me what this "Monetization of servers" actually means, google translate isn't of much help.

Pardon my lack of understanding but could somebody explain to me what this "Monetization of servers" actually means, google translate isn't of much help.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188238-Arma-3-Server-monetization

It means that BI will give permission to approved server owners the ability to charge money in order to play on their servers.

It means that BI will give permission to approved server owners the ability to charge money in order to play on their servers.

As long as they have explicit permission from any Mod owners... for mods they are using :-) I imagine that will be few and far between.

As long as they have explicit permission from any Mod owners... for mods they are using :-) I imagine that will be few and far between.
If they want to use mods. If someone runs just vanilla A3 they'll have no problem. For me I wouldn't see the draw to pay to play on a vanilla server.

This needs to be taken to the appropriate forum. Not cluttering RKSL one. We all know certains peoples' views on it.

This needs to be taken to the appropriate forum. Not cluttering RKSL one. We all know certains peoples' views on it.

Whos "view" are we alluding to here?

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess this could go really bad or not so bad, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Whos "view" are we alluding to here?

Not yours Rock. I think we need to wait and see what happens. IF BIS are going to remove a server from the server list, then naughty servers will die off.

Pff like heck they will, it's a full-time job to trawl through every monetized server and check. As with A3L they'll do nothing about it (and if they had behind closed doors, it still wouldn't be an ongoing problem would it). Rock I wouldn't blame you for not releasing anything into the public domain again if this isn't rectified, I for one would make the same decision in your place!

Rock,

I am a big fan of yours and I have a ton of respect for you and your crew. Your addons have been amazing over the years. I completely understand your concern about people making money off of other people's work without permission. I hope that everything works out so you can continue to make addons. I just wanted to show my support for RKSL.

All the plugins we created for A2 will be release for A3 with some tweaks.

The main visible difference between Versions is the PIRATE turret on the front left of the cockpit and the two inboard pylons.

UK - FGR4 and some F2 - Have PIRATE, "full" operational AA & AG capability (Full is subjective but in this case they can drop both guided and unguided bombs)

Germany - F2 only - No PIRATE only AA capability. Can use one type of GBU but cannot self designate (There are 2 Full FGR4 spec aircraft in Bundeswher/Luftwaffe paint but they are owned and operated by EADS and Eurofighter Gmbh.)

Italy - F2 only - No PIRATE only AA capability.

Spain - F2 only - No PIRATE AA & AG capability.

Austria - F2 only - No PIRATE only AA capability.

Saudi Arabia - FGR4 - Have PIRATE, "full" operational AA & AG capability.

Oman - FGR4 - Have PIRATE, "full" operational AA & AG capability.

Basically i got so much abuse last time i mentioned this that i just released the FGR4 with national skins. No one was willing to accept that their national version did not have full capability. In the initial release I am going to repeat this. Bu tthe new model for A3 will have different versions.

Already done and released all of them. :p

Hi rock! Italian eurofighters don't have AG capability and that's ok, but there are a lot of them with the pirate turret on the left side! You can easily find them on the internet ;)

http://www.aerofan.it/albums/userpics/10081/IMG_4775_mod2cf.jpg

http://www.daidegasforum.com/images/185/ef2000-eurofighter-formazione.JPG

http://www.aeronautica.difesa.it/RivistaAeronautica/Archivio/RA_2011_03/PublishingImages/RA_2011_03/pp_02_img01_BIG.jpg

Hey Rock, I want to ask even if you dont like it. But have you planned a release for the Gripen model? I'm in a pilot team named Astfor Air Force, and we are going to have the gripen as Our plane. Right now we useign the F-16 and eurofighter as training jets, couse they are most simular. Well as I said, can't wait. Keep doing what you love, making mods for Arma 3 lovers, hehe. jk. Keep up the good work!;)

Hey Rock, can u update us on your decision? Is your team gonna release anything under the new monetization rule?

once we have made a decision it will be released publicly..

once we have made a decision it will be released publicly..

That is completely fair. Whatever your decision, I personally support all of you and what you think is best for your team. Thank you for what you already have created for the community, high hopes that BI won't turn you off with their latest news. Take care.

Hey Rock, can u update us on your decision? Is your team gonna release anything under the new monetization rule?

As DK has already said, we don't have a collective decision. its something we as a team need to discuss before doing anything.

However and this just my own Personal opinion I'm not very impressed with the Server Monetisation move.

1. I think its poorly thought out and has a very limited practical benefit to the end user.
  2. IF it does give BI the ability to clamp down on people operating illegal servers then fine. I just want confidence that BI will actually use that ability.

So I've decided to pause the release of the Gripen, UK helos and Typhoon, (They were delayed anyway - so this means very little ;) ) until I have some more confidence in BI's move. This does NOT mean that RKSL will not release any content in future. No decision has been made but I do have some serious concerns.

Now if you want to debate me on the Server Monetisation issue please use the proper thread.

Thanks

Rock

3 Feb 2015

Edited by RKSL-Rock
typo

Glad to know the project is pause not stop.Still would check this thread everyday and waiting for the release.!cheers:)

As DK has already said, we don't have a collective decision. its something we as a team need to discuss before doing anything.

However and this just my own Personal opinion I'm not very impressed with the Server Monetisation move.

1. I think its poorly thought out and has a very limited practical benefit to the end user.
  2. IF it does give BI the ability to clamp down on people operating illegal servers then fine. I just want confidence that BI will actually use that ability.

So I've decided to pause the release of the Gripen, UK helos and Typhoon, (They were delayed anyway - so this means very little ;) ) until I have some more confidence in BI's move. This does NOT mean that RKSL will not release any content in future. No decision has been made but I do have some serious concerns.

Now if you want to debate me on the Server Monetisation issue please use the proper thread.

Thanks

Rock

3 Feb 2015

you have to understand that sometime you cant take down something if the law dont work there, lets say a3l is in russia and their 200000$ give good income to their russian webhost: good luck taking that down. even us government have trouble doing something outside of their are of legislation(russia, china, asia and other warez paradises), for bis or anybody else its impossible.

im sure a3l site and servers is registered somewhere in those countries, because if even rockstar(for using GTA name) didnt get to them, then bis certainly will not.

you have to understand that sometime you cant take down something if the law dont work there, lets say a3l is in russia and their 200000$ give good income to their russian webhost: good luck taking that down. even us government have trouble doing something outside of their are of legislation(russia, china, asia and other warez paradises), for bis or anybody else its impossible.

im sure a3l site and servers is registered somewhere in those countries, because if even rockstar(for using GTA name) didnt get to them, then bis certainly will not.

You have to understand that you have missed the point - the issue in contention is not related to DMCA take down requests.

You should also understand that you are stating something we all acknowledged a long time ago.

You also have to understand this is NOT the place to discuss this - there is a proper thread for that. Please use those threads.

:)

You have to understand that you have missed the point - the issue in contention is not related to DMCA take down requests.

You should also understand that you are stating something we all acknowledged a long time ago.

You also have to understand this is NOT the place to discuss this - there is a proper thread for that. Please use those threads.

:)

relax buddy, i didn't kill anybody here...in fact you bring server monetization in your post, then when someone say a few words about it, its their fault.

"IF it does give BI the ability to clamp down on people operating illegal servers then fine. I just want confidence that BI will actually use that ability. "

i replied to that because it would be impossible to reply to that post on the other thread, but dont worry i wont bother you in the future.

Edited by freesets
additional