Sign in to follow this  
TAW_Yonose

Campaign Radio

How do i add the radio comms they use in the campaigns to my missions?

Thank you.

Edited by TAW_Yonose

How do i add the radio comms they use in the campaigns to my missions?

Thanks you.

Hello,

Look into sideChat, vehicleChat, directSay.

Or, you can use the kb system, kbTell, kbAddTopic, which is a little more complex and is the one we use. Although, you can perfectly simulate this system in a more simpler way using the above commands combined with say3D.

neo, can you give us a little info about BIS_fnc_kbTell? Is it only really designed for you guys to use? I could only get it working by copying all the .bikb stuff into the description file.

do anyone have a mission file for me that i could us, and where do i find the file where they talk through the radio?

This maybe a dumb question (I won't hold it against anyone if they say so) but I've been searching around the forums and Googling stuff for about a few days now with no luck. I'm fairly new to scripting and would like to "try" to make an AI speak using in game sounds/voice acting. I've read up on say3D, say2D, playSound, kbTell, and other commands to make AI talk but for the life of me can't figure out what names/classnames to put. Could someone please tell me how to access the voice/radio files? Or even a list of the in-game voice/radio sounds? I want to try them out and maybe listen to them to see if they're worth using before I try recording my own.

Scripting help or links to tutorials on making AI talk would be helpful but all I need right now is just the sound files.

Thanks.

Or even a list of the in-game voice/radio sounds?

oh WOW, sorry guys dident understand how dumb i am until i saw your comment Marco, THANKS.

look at your files for Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons then you find dubbing_f_ in the pbo files you have ALL the comments from firedrill to campaign.

haha unbelivable.

Hi guys, sorry about this but could we go back a few paces please? Is there any chance, any chance at all a video tutorial could be made showing us from the 1st steps all the way to putting it in game? Even though I edit my own mission's I've always wanted this (mainly for briefings), but was afraid as it looks like big boy stuff. I wanted to create either a briefing cutscene or something like this where the officer talks to us. Think I might need to record the chat thou?

Any help would be fantastic please

Sure thing, i can help as much as i can, just list of what you want to have in the "intro".

Got the code ready, just waiting for you ideas :)

Of course, cant probably make everything, but i'll help as much as i can.

Edited by TAW_Yonose