Sign in to follow this  
marsuk

Multiply resistance sides

don't u rekon it would be cool if u could have say three or four resistance sides so that you could have wars between different rebel fractions like the northern allience -their from the north but they're not much of an allience

and some sort of system for changing who they are allied with,in mission as well as out so they could change sides as the battle is being won or lost

would it b possible for some one in the ofp community to write this addon or is it something that bis would have to do

just an idea

You would need to have a fully dynamic campaign for that to work which is something i don't think flashpoint can really do at the moment. Also given that Nogova is only a small island 100km square i couldn't imagine that there would be the space for rival resistance factions to emerge (why would they fight each other anyway when theres a common enemy?). It would be cool to have some sort of dynamic alliance system but I imagine it would probably be something for OFP2 or even OPF3.

I dunno, maybe as a user made expansion to the Res campaign. The rebels are split on how they want to run Nogova post Soviet occupation, and without a strong leader to unite them (RIP Viktor), they come to blows, and Nogova is again engulfed in war.

Hmm...multiple factions on an island that's already too small for one faction...I like it smile.gif

Yeah thats what i mean. In terms of scale OFP is on par with the falkans war (about the same number died needlessly on each side) i just can't imagine there being more than one resistance faction. Infact i find it hard to imagine a resistance faction emerging full stop that could stand up to the regular red army- especially since the campaign involves almost no guerilla tactics- victor trotska decides time and time again to fight the opposition on their terms, its not as though the red army were inferior to the yanks. Its almost like the end of return of the jedi were the rebels decide to engage the imperial navy at point blank range.

On an entirely irelevant note has anybody else had problems with the end of Jedi? At one point Lando Calrissian says they have to get closer to the star destroyers, Admiral Ackbar says that they won't last long against those star destroyers. They get closer anyway then the fighters break off to attack the death star (thus weakening the rebel fleet) when the rebel fighters emerge from the destroyed death star the vastly superior imperial navy has dissappeared. Given that it was capable of mopping the floor with the rebels on its own were did it get to?

ahh yes

but the rebels have the power of the force ... well the good side ne way...and nothing is more powerfull than the force

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do not be too proud of this technilogical terror you have created the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force ~ darth vader<span id='postcolor'>

and i Know that the empire has darth vader and the emperor who use the force but not the rest of the empire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you are all that is left of that acient religen ~ some imperial commander i canna remember his name<span id='postcolor'>