Sign in to follow this  
acoustic

How do you guys keep mods updated on the server?

Do you just install playwithsix on the server or do most of you manually update mods?

Manually update them through the ftp, only way that i know works without issues most times.

Six-Updater all the way :p

Even with multiple servers I find it easiest and quickest to use.

On our side it is manual updates too (via SSH)

To dispatch the mods for all clients we use Arma3sync on server side and clients to maintain a synchronisation of the mods for all our clan (works fine on WINE).

Why not use playwithsix if your clients use it? is it even possible?

It's possible to use PWS and get everyone to use the same mod list. However you can't make custom repos (yet) and so hosting in house mods/configs isn't possible. Also you can't manage change - usually we don't want to update mods until we know the new release is stable.

We use ArmA3Sync to host a custom repo (using Filezilla FTP Server) and all server and clients update off that. Simple, straight forward and it works.

Hi all, this is quite an old topic but still I haven't found a tool to update my Steam Workshop mods on my server.

So I'm running a .PBO with server tool TADS on a dedicated server. I copy pasted my @MODS from my gaming PC to my Arma3Server folder (The server from Steam) and use TADS to start it. All works fine but the problem is that my mods run out of date at some point. Did anyone found a tool after all these years to keep everything up to date?

1 hour ago, jeroenV1982 said:

Did anyone found a tool after all these years to keep everything up to date?

Normally with a GSP which i had rented in the past, it had a steam workshop section where you can update, most times i would do it manually,

for you you could try Armasync ----> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

Not only is it a good alternative for the arma3 launcher but its also for servers, server synchronization, you can setup a repository and update your mods through that

i dont know the details of it all as i only use it for the launcher and mod configuration myself, but that tool is the only one i can think of offhand:

Ask the guys on the Armasync thread on how to use it and if you can update and or keep up to date your mods for your server, their thread is here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/152942-arma3sync-launcher-and-addons-synchronization-software-for-arma-3/

They do have a wiki for it http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/1._ArmA3Sync

Other then armasync you can take a look at my Tools & Utilities Compilation list linked in my sig to see if anything catches your eye.

Hope that helps.

I use FASTER its the best tool that I have found and is still being maintained. I used it to replace TADST. Keeping mods up to date is as easy as a few mouse clicks and a server cycle.

• Like 1