Sign in to follow this  
EleSigma

Martian Winds

So this morning I was playing the career mode and I connected to my rover that was in the middle of a wind storm to find it being rocked by the wind and hardly able to move against the wind. I connected to another (that had lost a wheel earlier due to driver error :P) and found it had been toppled over. I thought martian wind wasn't supposed to be that strong due to how thin the atmosphere is?

Hello EleSigma. We know about this issue. Strong of wind is still adjusted to more realistic values (WIP). ;-)

Actually wind speeds on mars can reach very high speeds i believe that some speeds have been recorded at an extreme speed of 500 to 600 km/hr (or 300-375 miles/hr) on the average though wind speeds on mars are around 30 km/hr (or 67.5 m/hr). So a thin atmosphere would actually cause more wind on mars because of the lack of pressure in on the surface of mars, and even though liquid water is not present on mars they are also clouds on mars. Allot of the winds on mars are caused by solar flares that hit the planet, since it is thin the solar winds have more of an affect on the mars atmosphere. So i believe that the winds on mars are pretty realistic for the game and may have even been turned down a bit.