Sign in to follow this  
x39

XTacticalHud - A reason to use the TacticalGoggles

Possible reason 1) Your documentation mentions something about an Xtactical Mission Control Device, but in the Virtual Ammo System, I see no mention of an "Xtactical Mission Control Device". The only device I see is called "Mission Control Device". No Xtac anywhere in the name. Am I missing the correct control device?

Possible reason 2) I didn't edit any config files. I know little to nothing about editing config files. Do I need to edit a config file with the same key bindings that I put into ARMA3 "custom key config 3" and "custom key config 4"?

Does this mod need to be installed on a server for all players to use it. Or just the client computers?

-V

As far in know its client side. Someone with MCC and the Mods needs to put the device into a Box or use VAS.

The Item name X39 mentioned is the internal Item name for Mission Maker. Ingame its more "AirMission Control Device" - dont know exactly right now. I think you got the right one.

No, there is no config file changes needed.

If still problems occur, load the mod on the server and try again. The Bug with XXX or --- happened to me, too. But no workaround, sorry.

UserKey3 is only for the Mission Control Device ( needs Tactical Glasses and Laser designator )

UserKey4 is only for the MFD in AirCrafts ( needs Pilothelm )

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Do NOT make a combination of keys, it MUST BE a single Key!!

Example:

Press "End" NOT Press "Strg + End"

The German translation is a bit buggy, sorry. We know about it. Seriously. :rolleyes:

Have fun :yay:

UserKey3 is only for the Mission Control Device ( needs Tactical Glasses and Laser designator )

UserKey4 is only for the MFD in AirCrafts ( needs Pilothelm )

Thanks for the info Astrell

• I forgot to mention it, but yes . . . I did have a laser designator and battery in my inventory too. And the control device, and the pilot helmet.
  • And I did map Custom User Key 3 & 4 to single key-presses, NOT key combinations.

Unfortunately, it still didn't work.

:bounce3:But I look forward to future updates. It looks like an awesome concept!

-V

That is really strange :confused:

We tested it on a Takistan Test Map, Hosted. Only 2 Soldiers "Playable" with MCC and some other Mods. Xlib and XtacHUD were activated (newest version).

I did spawn a VAS and got the Control Device and all the Stuff and it worked very fine.

Later on the Mission "Helicopter Training[Transport]" in Multiplayer it worked not anymore. Same problem.

I make some tests right now, maybe i find something. :raisebrow:

/Edit

X39 ... somehow ... you connected it to XMedSys. Not XActionUI, only XMedSys.

If someone REALLY want to give this mod a try(and this is a great Mod!!!) , please install XMedSys, too.

Try to have fun :raisebrow:

Edited by Astrell

That is really strange :confused:

We tested it on a Takistan Test Map, Hosted. Only 2 Soldiers "Playable" with MCC and some other Mods. Xlib and XtacHUD were activated (newest version).

I did spawn a VAS and got the Control Device and all the Stuff and it worked very fine.

Later on the Mission "Helicopter Training[Transport]" in Multiplayer it worked not anymore. Same problem.

I make some tests right now, maybe i find something. :raisebrow:

/Edit

X39 ... somehow ... you connected it to XMedSys. Not XActionUI, only XMedSys.

If someone REALLY want to give this mod a try(and this is a great Mod!!!) , please install XMedSys, too.

Try to have fun :raisebrow:

Oo

ehhhh

how did i do :O

anyway ... will fix it after the next XMedSys patch (at least i now know whats the problem)

I see alot of discussions from community guys going on lately in regards to the tactical glasses functionality concept and whether or not it would be reputable to have an enemy indicator (like the red targeting box) appear on them. I say go for it! surely there would be a way for me to disable it on my server but run it wide open during sp and coop scenarios via userconfig? anyhow,,, recently remember seeing another open sourced addon that implements the basic idea of this one. The author was advocating community members to build on it. Maybe you could check it out and see if it could be combined with this concept.

Great contributions thus far man! the 'X-mods' multiply the fun factor of my co-op gameplay sessions exponentially!!! Thank You for all of your selfless contributions and continued updates to perfect them! :dance1:

Hi,

Using the latest V of this and Arma3 (nondev) my saved games will not work. I can save but when trying to reload a saved point its corrupted. Might be a combination of your add-on with others, but your is the one that is causing conflicts. WHat i mean by this is if i disable just yours from the others, it works just fine. I will see if i can better pinpoint which mods might be conflicting and report back. Thanks

Hi,

Using the latest V of this and Arma3 (nondev) my saved games will not work. I can save but when trying to reload a saved point its corrupted. Might be a combination of your add-on with others, but your is the one that is causing conflicts. WHat i mean by this is if i disable just yours from the others, it works just fine. I will see if i can better pinpoint which mods might be conflicting and report back. Thanks

XTacticalHud is not manipulating the savegames in any way

it also is not adding any variables to the player

meaning there is nothing i could fix about especially because it would be BI related issue which is "unable to fix" anyway

kindly regards

X39

ps

new version fixing the latest problems with depency on XMedSys will be pushed out soon

if you already want the fix you can check out this here (no full release! so no userconfigs etc. inside):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3joijmngc7ze624/%40XTH.zip

A virtual HUD would be useful, functionally it would be quite similar functionally to the ingame hud with crosshairs and an ammo count, but dependent on wearing Tactical Glasses rather than difficulty.

Hello there,

I started testing Authentic Gameplay Modification today and noticed XTactical Hud doesn't work when I launch AGM. Any ideas? Thanks

Hello there,

I started testing Authentic Gameplay Modification today and noticed XTactical Hud doesn't work when I launch AGM. Any ideas? Thanks

Ask the AGM devs

XTacticalHud is not doing something wrong :F

Heya, i am having problems with the Addon:

I tested it in the Presentation Szenario about Team Leading and in a empty map as Team Leader. In both cases i had a GPS and a tactical glasses (is yours a special one you need, not the basic one from the Game?) i checked this with all other addons deactivated.

The Hud at the top is displayed but there are no values in it. What did i do wrong ?

Furthermore i can not open the Options Menu anymore, it just wont expand ...

Edited by Croshy

Hey, OP, what's about this mod? Cancelled?

Hey, OP, what's about this mod? Cancelled?

Just suspended

Cannot motivate myself to rewrite the required stuff currently : /

well

created a little update to bring it to the latest XLibs capabilities & started cleaning up the code

also updated outdated frontpage

RELEASE 1.1.2

Download

http://cloud.unitedtacticalforces.de/public.php?service=files&t=4b899fbf28184b382185cd75941361d9

Changelog

Fixed
Added
Removed
	|- userconfig file (all can now be configured ingame using the modProperties dialog)
	\- unused functions
Changed
	|- Changelog layout
	|- init code
	\- updated to latest XLib version

Edited by X39

X39; hope you get into it again!

Idea, loose the functionality when your glasses are crack/damaged.

Edited by kklownboy

Thanks a lot for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

RELEASE 1.1.2_b

Download:

http://cloud.unitedtacticalforces.de/public.php?service=files&t=bc854ed05d3cbec1bce82b3bf5527eda

Changelog:

1.1.2_b
Fixed
	\- Cannot be run without XMS2
Added
Removed
Changed

The downsides of a modification having a small audience and a dev in his exam phase on university: bugs are fixed damn late

sorry for the late fix

Thanks a lot for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

HI ! Wonder 2 things ;Will this conflict with Ace 3 if I put it in Arma 3 directly? And ,will it destroy any other keys?How do I change Keys in other mods if this one muck them up?:j:

thanks

HI ! Wonder 2 things ;Will this conflict with Ace 3 if I put it in Arma 3 directly? And ,will it destroy any other keys?How do I change Keys in other mods if this one muck them up?:j:

thanks

no idea if it conflicts with ACE3