Sign in to follow this  
1para{god-father}

Import Objects - TB crashing

Has anyone had any success on importing objects without TB crashing ?

I am using this as a test in a text file and it crashes every time

"hbarrier_big_f";7279.6626;9242.4844;-2.3126602e-005;3.5005231;
"hbarrier_big_f";7262.9595;9243.5811;-1.335144e-005;9.1990585;
"hbarrier_big_f";7271.3242;9242.7861;0.0001090765;3.5005231;

Good chance those e-005 are causing it. Not entirely sure though I guess. I have never had an e in my import files and I feel like it normally just gives an error when it reaches something it cant read. Also A3 objects aren't working yet so that could be another culprit.

Have a another Bug i think ?

I am importing a lot of trees (brg_africa) from worldtools they import fine but in bulldozer you cannot see them however if i select 1 and move it slightly i can then see it - anyone else having that issue >?

This is a pain if i import a few thousand trees ! (you can highlight them all but then i have to move the slightly which takes ages!)

For now, I'm moving in buldozer having previously arranged at least one object (a tree in my case) and press the F2 key on the keyboard to be able to move in buldozer and mouse wheel to go forward, decline, but it is true that the flow does not resemble that of visitor3 and in the other hand I do can not be done the right manipulations, or I do not have found the boards?

By cons, to copy paste it into the terrain editor builder, it does not seem to have any problems.

All this is still very empirical and experimentation associated with developers fix should logically allow us to see more clearly.:)

PS :Plants are mine.

There seems to be the possibility of reducing or increasing the individual objects, but no function to do this on a multiple selection of objects ... or so I have not found.

From a general point of view, it seems that the devs have bridled up possibilities and in the end we are left with a much less friendly than 3 visitor tool.

I hope I'm wrong, or that in the future the most powerful tool terrainbuilder either, but I like a doubt.

I think I'll go back 3 visitor (or cryengine), waiting for the new, or not.

Edited by LODU

It seems i have similar problem - http://ss.ssmaker.ru/e1a93e8e.jpg

Looks like the crash occurs while loading objects from A3 (left-bottom line on screenshot). The A3 folder was created by Arma3P, and loading the same project in Visitor 3 does not cause any problems.