Sign in to follow this  
Sneakson

Can you spawn playable characters?

Hey, I just started using Zeus singleplayer and one thing that bothers me is that if I die then everything is wiped.

I thought I could get around this easily by creating multiple playable characters but then I noticed that when my first character died I lost the ability to Zeus. So it seems if you have multiple playable characters only your first can Zeus by default. So that sucks.

I would like to create some dynamic Zeus missions to play but naturally I don’t want it all to go away if I die once so how do I get around this?

Can you create playable characters in Zeus? Doesn’t seem like it, right? What’s the easiest way to create some sort of respawn?

The best way to play I can think of right now is to create a Zeus character somewhere safe and then have a bunch of other playable characters that I actually use separately and can die with without having to worry but sooner or later I would run out of guys to play unless I made some sort of supply of playable guys hiding behind a bush.

I’m really not experienced with the editor and to me it’s great to see how intuitive Zeus is because I like creating random small missions just to have something to shoot at and Zeus lets me do just that but currently not being able to create new playable characters is sort of a limitation to me.

Thanks.

Just a thought ...why not create a non combatant...civilian as a player and remote into a combatant for missions.

Yeah, that was my idea... but I also want to play the action. I don't just want to sit in the sky and watch the battles.

If I have a distant Zeus I will still need a supply of playable characters near the battlefield that I can't let run out.

And if I suddenly decide I would like to control a helicopter to attack the enemy I would have to have spawned a playable character at an airfield in the editor before starting the mission since there’s apparently no way to create new playable characters to jump into.

I think… currently haven’t tested Zeus a ton.

With the remote function cant you just switch between different roles as you play?

In the zeus screen where you get lightening there is also an option for remote,you can jump into the action with that.

Well, can't give orders when remote controlling so that's only half useful.