LHM Static Drag

Download

Allows dragging of static weapons (editor placed or setup) to place them in a more suitable situation. Allows for raising and lowering of dragged objects for better placement.

Allows for dragging of smaller crates (optionally larger crate configs are included).

Requirements: None

Version: 1.1.1

Notes:

• Needs to be active server side, not just keys
  • While dragging use left shift + scroll wheel to adjust the height of the dragged object
  • There is an optional pbo located in the optional folder that allows for dragging of larger crates (Box_XXX_AmmoVeh_F, XXX_supplyCrate_F) place it in @LHM_StaticDrag\Addons to make use of it

Changelog:

1.1.1:

• Fixed optional crate pbo not loading correctly
  • Fixed dead gunner in weapon being dragged with weapon
  • Fixed required addons, fixes being unable to drag placed items.

1.1.0:

• Russian translations (thanks NKey)
  • Spanish translations (thanks Kavinsky)
  • Added weight restriction to dragging of objects (prep for crates)
  • Renamed functions to be more agnostic as to what is dragable.
  • LHM_Static_MaxWeight variable added (default 800) for dragging weight.
  • Locking of static weapons when dragging to disallow players to enter it (reverts back to old lock status when dragging stopped)
  • Disassembling weapon will stop drag.
  • Added mortar support (might be fragile to changes by BIS)
  • Added an optional PBO (LHM_StaticDrag_Crates.pbo) that allows dragging of Box_XXX_AmmoVeh_F, XXX_supplyCrate_F crates.
  • Added support for dragging of smaller crates limited by "weight"
  • Fixed dragging and lowering/raising of height on a dedicated server. (I hope)
  • Added variable "LHM_DisableDrag" checking if an object can be dragged or not.
    example usage: crate1 setVariable ["LHM_DisableDrag", false, true];

1.0.2:

• Fixed broken MP

1.0.1:

• Fixed possibility of JIP causing weapon drag variables to be reset
  • Fixed being able to drag weapons with units in them (was checking for crew and not gunner)
  • If unit is killed while dragging he will release the weapon.
  • Fixed being able to drag weapon and get into a vehicle and have the weapon once you disembark.

1.0.0:

• Dragging of static weapons
  • Changing height of dragged weapons

@lhm_staticdrag.png

news_download_a3_3.png

Edited by LordHeart
Added note about servers

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I can see this being real useful, cheers buddy!

Nice!, downloading :). May I suggest for the next update we can drag and also pack it into our backpacks? :confused:. Thank you for your work and regards.

Thanks to both Sonsalt6 and Foxhound for hosting. :)

@SSplainskin, I'm unsure what you mean? Static weapons already can be disassembled to backpacks.

Really great.

Could you extend the concept to even more " static " things ? I'm especially thinking about ammoboxes and such, could be great with igiload and such.

Thanks.

@Drakenof It should be fairly simple to make it work with ammoboxes. In fact, you could probably paste the following into the init for an ammobox and it should work.

this call LHM_Static_fnc_initialiseWeapon;

Looks interesting... Is it affects stamina?

It's not coded to effect stamina, but I believe the drag animation that is played seems to effect it.

This reminds me on ace ^^ Good work bud!

Thanks guys, let me know if you come across any issues.

Version 1.0.1 update

Changelog:

• Fixed possibility of JIP causing weapon drag variables to be reset
  • Fixed being able to drag weapons with units in them (was checking for crew and not gunner)
  • If unit is killed while dragging he will release the weapon.
  • Fixed being able to drag weapon and get into a vehicle and have the weapon once you disembark.

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest version

update v1.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@lhm_staticdrag.png

@ LordHeart ;

1.0.2 fix is included :)

Hey LordHeart! Thank you for this addon, best drag script I have used. But I have encountered a couple bugs.

* Units can get in the weapon while you are dragging it. Should be fixable by locking the vehicle when dragging and unlocking it upon release.

* You can disassemble the weapon while dragging. This will cause you to continue the dragging animation.

* The Scroll wheel height adjustment doesn't seem to work on dedicated servers. An it only worked for the host on a clientserver.

Hi,

Thanks for the report and for steps to solve at least one of them. I will look into it this weekend and see where it goes from there.

Lordheart, great script man! Since you're still hard at work with this mod could you please, please, please add support for ammo boxes. Specifically:

1. Box_Nato_AmmoVeh_F

2. B_supplyCrate_F

3. Box_East_AmmoVeh_F

4. O_supplyCrate_F

I read you're having issues with the mortar. In BECTI, when I buy the mortar and it spawns, I still can't drag it. Hope you can fix that. Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated.

-SS

Edited by SpanishSurfer

@SpanishSurfer,

I have made improvements to the system, so it should work on ammoboxes, I won't include direct support for ammo boxes at least not in the current method of doing it. Very often mission makers and the like do not wish for ammo boxes to be moved so by enabling it by default forces them to have to work around it.

I will take another look into the mortar thing and see what is possible.

@SpanishSurfer,

I have made improvements to the system, so it should work on ammoboxes, I won't include direct support for ammo boxes at least not in the current method of doing it. Very often mission makers and the like do not wish for ammo boxes to be moved so by enabling it by default forces them to have to work around it.

I will take another look into the mortar thing and see what is possible.

Those of us who use this

could really benefit from dragging ammo boxes. Maybe you could pack two PBOs, 1 that allows static weapons and the other that allows ammo crates and static weapons.

Thanks for looking into the mortars. :thumbsup:

There will almost certainly be an update before Wednesday, whether that includes crate dragging as part of it remains to be seen however it will be possible to enable crates to be dragged by calling:

this call LHM_Static_fnc_InitialiseWeapon;

In the crates init, at the very least.

There will almost certainly be an update before Wednesday, whether that includes crate dragging as part of it remains to be seen however it will be possible to enable crates to be dragged by calling:

this call LHM_Static_fnc_InitialiseWeapon;

In the crates init, at the very least.

If I change your PBO around wont that affect the bikey file? The reason I'd like you to provide the PBO with working crate dragging is because I forward all interested players to your forum topic to download your work. If I make changes I'd have to forward player traffic to some Google drive URL, which isn't ideal. Especially if you keep updating your mod as most server admins depend on users to notify them if bikeys are outdated.

Look at it this way, you'll have many more people downloading and using your work if you give us server admins the options to choose between a PBO with only static dragging and a PBO with static and crate dragging.

:)