Sign in to follow this  
DesolateChris

Script to Teleport to HQ

Hey there,

I'm assuming for an advanced scripter this will be relatively easy (I hope I'm right)

Basically I want to set up a flagpole teleporter that will teleport players to a specified vehicle (in this case, a LAV-25A2 (HQ)).

Thank you tonnes in advance :)

hey DesolateChris if you do a fast google search you will find a few hits that my help you.

1. I have 2 working MHQ's in this mission

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ON-main-thread (GOOGLE)

2. Mobile Respawn MHQ if you type this on the search on this site you will get a few other demo missions/scripts with working mobile Respawns.

This script has been around for a while, so I am unsure of the author. That said, it's pretty darned simple. I have edited it to get an object position instead of a marker position.

Create a file named "teleport.sqf" in your mission folder.

teleport.sqf:

//this addAction ["Teleport -destinationName","teleport.sqf",[objectName]];

// Get the destination.
_dest = (_this select 3) select 0;

// Get a random direction
_dir = random 359;

// Move the person a few meters away from the destination (in the direction of _dir)
player SetPos [(getPos _dest select 0)-10*sin(_dir),(getPos _dest select 1)-10*cos(_dir)];

Name your LAV - I'll name it "MHQ1" for this example.

Place a flagpole. Enter the addAction (with proper names) in the flagpole's init line:

this addAction ["Teleport - MHQ","teleport.sqf",[MHQ1]];

That's it. The flagpole will teleport you to the general vicinity of the MHQ (within a few meters). The only thing this doesn't do is check if the MHQ is active/moving, though teleporting to the MHQ while it is moving works fine.