Sign in to follow this  
.kju

All in Arma High Quality pack (AiA HQ) - Replacement addons for AiA

I'm thinking there should be two versions of this mod now? A version that basically remaps A2 to A3 ported source files with fixes (such as the Arma Samples Mod when it is finished or as above) , and a replacement pack based on 2035 updated units?

@ kju: For now I'm perfectly comfortable with the current iteration of the F-35B (CAS) being used as a replacement for the Arma 2 version, but please be aware that I am intending to "uparm" the F-35B -- including said CAS loadout -- in a future update.

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

Please post general AiA related topics in its thread.

This is really just about replacements. Their effect should be visual and audible only.

@ AngelWingGamingJacob

Sounds good. Let me know when they are out.

@ Acekiler45

The ports of hotmike are generally too buggy to be usable.

Thanks for the suggestion of RichardsD's work. We will look into it. :)

@ Valken

The replacements for the most part are only a band-aid. The actual goal is to have at least functionality wise upgraded models as part of AiA SA itself.

As for 2035 - the goal is NOT this era. If some units have that look, it is mostly as this is the only or by far best replacement available.

So in short there will always be just one version (although multiple alternatives might be offered for some units).

@ Chortles

It is just a pure model replacement.

The USMC M16A4 has no sound, and I can't hear footsteps when walking on grass.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

The USMC M16A4 has no sound, and I can't hear footsteps when walking on grass.

Okay, I fixed it, your genius program didn't download the JSRS sound pack, so I deleted the sound replace files from @allinarmahighqualitypack, it works fine now.

What version of JSRS do I need to download to get the sound pack working?

@ Res

You need to add AiA for now to the collection to make Play withSIX download addons from A2/OA for A3.

The hope was to have AiA SA available in PWS for a while to avoid issues and complexity like that.

Unfortunately it didnt work out so far.

Edit: Check the AiA_HQ_Pack_RequiredAddons.txt for links.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

HLC AK Pack by author:Toadie2k, should replace AK_47, AK_74, RPK_74, AKS_74, Saiga12k, and grenade launcher variants.

Are these mods and their specific replacements going to be integrated into All in Arma Standalone at some point? Installation was of course easy with PWS, but I ask this because it feels a little weird to download basically duplicates of the same units with better configs, and on top of that all the extra unnecessary stuff these mods have. It also makes the editor a bit bloated with content. Standard AiA Standalone without the HQ pack feels so much "prettier" in my opinion, just one mod to rule them all. The mods in the HQ collection are top notch nevertheless. :)

ps.

I'm also running out of disk space because of these mods. :D

@ superpower

To have them integrated would be the preferred solution obviously.

Essentially its to avoid all the hassle, getting the authors interested and to agree, the additional workload and mess to support to releases at the same time.

In the "perfect world" all the individuals would join together, come up with a shared vision, share their work and realize it together.

The Community Upgrade Project tries to establish such initiative. Several people have joined by now and some are actively contributing. :)

Ok thanks for the info kju. Considering that the A2 content was released just few months ago, the A3 porting seems to really have taken off. Cooperation (like CUP) must be the key to make all that work fit nicely together. So I say thanks and wish success to you and everyone else involved. :)

To be clear, the HQ pack exists specifically for content that is not contributed to @CUP (i.e. authors not responding or refusing permission).

@ superpower

Well the initial goal was to have this ready with the release of Arma 3 alpha..

Personally I would say the contrary even - yes infantry clothing was done quickly by many modders, some to most infantry weapons fairly quickly basic ports at least too.

However in regards to vehicles progress is very slow due to the lacking documentation and more important missing tools not released by BI (physx debugging, mergeConfig).

Also in terms of terrain porting infinite terrain still not fixed (after one year being reported), limited info made available on light attenuation and almost no docu at all on terrains - most notably terrain lighting and simulWeather/clouds.

All in all its rather depressing..

@ Chortles

That is not correct. Please refrain from making false conclusions. See my explanation above.

A few authors of the content used in AiA HQ have joined or collaborate with CUP by now.

Oh, I wasn't aware that there are problems with physx. I thought that these things were solved when BI released the tools and the samples, but apparently not. :mad:

Are there any feedback tickects on these problems that we could vote, trying to (hopefully) catch Bohemias attention on the subject?

HLC AK Pack by author:Toadie2k, should replace AK_47, AK_74, RPK_74, AKS_74, Saiga12k, and grenade launcher variants.

plus 1, best AK Mod I saw.

Don't know if this was reported but the Venon has no engine sound

And the .50 cal does not have sound in the brit vehicle.

New version available in PWS and the file section. See first post.

Make sure to remove the old version first .

Only the latest AiA SA still works fully from now on. Sorry I am not able to support multiple version.

New replacements:

===

// Infantry Model Replacements

Also updated "F35B with Chortle's F-35B Lightning II".

Please report any issues - especially with sound volume JSRS (be very specific about the vehicle or the weapon - best class name).

Also new recommendations are still welcome. :)

Thanks to Corporal_Lib[bR] and Hannibal who assisted with this update!

Enjoy :bounce3:

If I have to upload this into a dedi server how should I do it?

Because I don't have the possibility to run play with six on it.

@ theNaCH

The replacements (aka AiA HQ) are NOT to be uploaded to the server.

;2705638']@ theNaCH

The replacements (aka AiA HQ) are NOT to be uploaded to the server.

To be clear, so I only need the AiA standalone version uploaded to the dedi server and that's it?

The clients will be able to use all the units?

Im still trying to figure out how to get the rpt. But I just had a question. When I download the high quality pack from PWS, I noticed it doesnt download JSRS and when I click the link to it in the info I get an error. Would downloading JSRS2 from PWS fix this issue?

update, I was able to fix it by manually downloading JSRS 1.5 for arma 2 and putting in it my arma 3 folder

@ theNaCH

Correct.

@ Kothen

Check the other thread where I responded.

But the suggestion still stands, I think Raid´s M1A1 (and soon A2) is a better bet than vanilla A2 tanks... by the way, Taki civs are still Greek surfers... TPW mods has a script that adds the right civies to the map (it identifies Takistan and put unnarmed CAF_aggressors, identifies Cherno and put euros etc), you guys may take a look at his code =)

cheers!