Sign in to follow this  
GranolaBar

[REQUEST] Detailed Topic - ON/OFF Objective

Hello Dev's and Members,

I don’t know if it’s possible.

I want use a system with on / off objectives. I explain with an example:

Scene 1

A squad must to neutralize a bomb in a building.

Scene 2

When the squad had neutralized the bomb, enemy forces coming to attack the building

Scene 3

After the defend of the building, a chopper come to evac the squad.

___

In fact :

I want to create to this example mission :

Scene 1

The bomb, the enemy position on the area of the building, the briefing, the objective.

Scene 2

All the details, position of the enemy attack who attack, briefing etc

Scene 3

The same,

If Scene 4

Etc…

I want to use a system with On/Off Objective.

When I create an Objective, I want to had it by default in OFF Mod.

All the units, positions, move, briefing and condition who was created and linked to this objective was on OFF mod.

The interest is to put on ON when we want to create a dynamic mission in considering the time that the squad attack the building and neutralize the bomb, the game master don’t want to create in quickly tired all the parameters, it’s difficult... for beginners and hardly tired with the time.

Also with this system, we could had some objectives who was created and with only one ON/OFF mod, make all the units, position, briefing, move and more who was linked to the objective.

Members or Dev’s, what do you think about that ?

To conclude, the perfect solution is to add an save option and with that we could be using the objectives quickly in any mission.

Best Regards.

Mat

Yeah i like this, although i'd also like to be able to place anything and have it start off, so you can have time to change the settings before it enters existence, like if you want to make sure it spawns in the air above the players (supply drop), or if you want to modify waypoints before they start executing them.

Not sure how'd they want to implement that on the player's side though, maybe you hold down alt while creating units to start them in an 'off' state?

Also not sure how you'd tie them all to one thing; i think the best way to handle this would to have a toggle for switching units on/off in the left edit menu, and then if we had the ability to group things in that menu together, you could group everything you want together (including the objective), and it would supersede the standard grouping. Then if that group was set to off, all you'd have to do is switch the group on and everything under would be switched on.

Might get a little tricky though. I would love to see something like this implemented into Zeus though.

You can create the objective and disable all owners (toggle all sides off) - it will be created with given text and position, but nobody will see it. Later on, you can assign it to make it appear.

You can create the objective and disable all owners (toggle all sides off) - it will be created with given text and position, but nobody will see it. Later on, you can assign it to make it appear.

I test it tonight. At this status, I doubt that ennemy forces, position of it and planned movements was invisible and after apper when we assign the objective.

Yeah i think what Granolabar is asking for is more being able to toggle groups of objects or modules on/off. This would allow you to set up some things you want later all at once beforehand, without having to worry about to manage them in the meantime.

I could see this being problematic, but maybe just something as simple as holding alt while placing units starts them in the 'off' state until you turn them on would work?

I edit this topic after few missions with Zeus, it's very hard for me to create a dynamic mission.

I really need an option to put on and off the objectives and the units who were linked to the own objectives.

Especially for ambush, chopper landing with group and more...

I hope also an option to save quickly a type of objectives that we can use in other missions by the menu of Zeus, if it's the case, it's could be fantastic.

I understand the frustration that GranolaBar has as well.

Right now I have to resort to a copy and paste from a .txt when I make objectives or intel or briefing sections. Gets kinda tiring having to make the same thing over and over again.

Other issue i'm getting as well. We really need a way to turn off an objective. Been testing what Moricky said for the past couple of days and so far in Zeus the toggle of side specific(WEST,EAST,RES,CIV) overrides all the objectives, or all the Briefing.

Still trying to test our item specific to side specific like documents or intel, but right now we are getting some weird things. Placing a document in game and setting side to West and Civ, but EAST that join later can see it?

Back to Granola's issue. It is even more frustrating when you have a typo or need to update a section of the briefing that you added with the Zeus module ingame. And it adds the same thing. So you now have 2 Briefings. One with typos and One with fixes. And like I said, Side Specific appears bugged but difficult to reproduce. If I set the typo Briefing to NO SIDE SPECIFIC(So I unHighlight W,E,R,C) It still appears for them all. Tried selecting that Briefing from dropdown in Zeus Briefing Editor Module, and deleting all the text in the Typo brief, But it stays. Tried setting to No side specific but it stays.

Anyone able to troubleshoot these on their end and get same results or is it just a select few of us? FYI running on DediServer Correctly placed Zeus Modes and settings for mission.

Basically what you are looking for a trigger feature, something like;

If Obj's 1, 2 & 3 (of scenario 1) are complete, assign scenario 2.

Conditioning the objectives to trigger visible to the correct side automatically isn't, possible thus requiring an active zeus to keep the scenario flow going.