Sign in to follow this  
b00ce

B00ce's Utility Helicopters

It looks like an OAT gauge/probe. Probably reinforced by the aluminum which causes the "notch."

Whoops, didn't read Nod's post correctly...yeah, what you said.

Looking sharp man, though whats going on with the notch on the right window? Bit of a vertex slip? ;)

Everything is there for a purpose. ;)

It looks like an OAT gauge/probe. Probably reinforced by the aluminum which causes the "notch."

Whoops, didn't read Nod's post correctly...yeah, what you said.

I think it's just paint, it isn't on any of the structural schematics in the TMs.

Difficult to find any cockpit pictures of it as well, but it seems to be an old hold over for the H model

http://www.aviatortrader.com/ads/uh-1-huey-oat-gauge-3/

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/weichao_chen/uh-1h_65-09792/images/uh-1h_65-09792_13_of_31.jpg

Can't find a single image of it in use though or if it is then it is blocked by the overhead panels in all of em.

Everything is there for a purpose. ;)

I think it's just paint, it isn't on any of the structural schematics in the TMs.

I know this doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but... Based off Nod's picture above, it looks like it's definitely part of the airframe structure and not just painted. Not sure about yours, but ours just pokes out of the plexi in the center windscreen, but on other aircraft, it's often part of the airframe.

Can't find a single image of it in use though or if it is then it is blocked by the overhead panels in all of em.

Here's one:

http://www.vietnampix.com/bilder/mach6.jpg

You can see it poking out just below the overhead console. Looks like they're tucked up there pretty tight. They're definitely used all the time. Even the newer generation of aircraft that have built in sensors that feed the computer (and are way more accurate) will still have the OAT backup sticking out. You can see it on the Yankee and we have it on our aircraft, as well.

Edited by gatordev

Interesting and noted. The FAT gauge looks almost identical to the ones on the hawk.

...just like the 8-day clock always looks the same since the dawn of military aviation. I still think DoD/DoW bought all the FATs and clocks in 1942 and have just been recycling them ever since.

Slight update:

Started work on a proper M240H, so far only pieced together from BIsamples. I plan on reworking the ammo can for a proper 200 rounder and finishing the spade grip assembly with the trigger linkages along with adding the rail mount/bipod.

th_buldozer2014-09-0823-18-21-11.png

Some more progress.

th_3dsmax2014-10-0522-04-59-68.png th_3dsmax2014-10-0522-06-01-58.png

th_3dsmax2014-10-0522-05-11-47.png th_3dsmax2014-10-0522-04-00-59.png

Just about back to where I was when my old iteration got corrupted. I'm a lot more comfortable with how things are turning out this go around.

Looking good! How's the Huey coming along?

About the corrupted files... do you have auto backup set up in 3ds max? I usually have mine set to 10 backup files saving at 5 minute intervals. And a the end of the day i make a second backup on a 2nd hard drive.

Looking good! How's the Huey coming along?

About the corrupted files... do you have auto backup set up in 3ds max? I usually have mine set to 10 backup files saving at 5 minute intervals. And a the end of the day i make a second backup on a 2nd hard drive.

Haven't touched the Huey in a while, I need to get some measurements from across the street at some point. Been almost a month since I've even opened up my projects.

As for the backup, I think I have it defaulted.

Hey nice work, I reckon that losing it allowed you to retain the experience and make it even better, I know your feels bro, same happened to me on a java program and I made it better the second time.

Good work on that model, the MG too.

Managed to get a little work done today, despite starting to play Alien: Isolation(I'll be honest, it was just to relax my nerves so I could continue playing the game.), and made a stabilator! Yay.

th_3dsmax2014-10-0621-58-39-12.png

Made some progress on the door/gunner's window track fairing and also the upturned exhaust.

th_3dsmax2014-10-1920-08-11-43.jpg th_3dsmax2014-10-1920-07-03-50.jpg th_3dsmax2014-10-1920-07-33-62.jpg

Worked on the tail, nose, a little of the cabin interior, and the ESSS covers.

th_3dsmax2014-10-2506-44-00-60.jpg

th_3dsmax2014-10-2506-35-42-06.jpg

Not sure if you could call it progress, but I've started over from scratch in Modo Indie and I'm almost where I was in 3ds.

th_H60M%20update%2024OCT15.png

th_21OCT15%2003.png

th_21OCT15%2002.png

• Like 1