Sign in to follow this  
romanshell

Other ideas for missions

I've been interested in this Zeus gamemode for a while and it's not too bad doing a Zeus vs Zeus. However, I already see other simple ways it can be used for simpler missions, whether they are small scale or large scale.

a) Make 1 or more Zeus defend a town (or towns) by directing and placing AI. The Zeus player(s) can direct their AI to either attack other towns, form alliances/negotiate with the other players and towns, or expand their influence by conquering. (Hard)

b) Make 1 or more Zeus defend a town (or towns) and simply apply it to a boring regular 'conquer the island' coop mission. This will allow a town to be defended by a real commander who can place more elite troops, AA, militia infantry, and direct them to make it hard for the players to take a town. (not that it is easy, it is settable but yet people complain about AI all the time being either too easy or too hard for them). (Moderate)

c) Give the players a cool base in some abandoned building and have them defend against a limited-Zeus and waves of AI, for a simple defense style of gameplay. (Easy yet still fun)

I was thinking of trying to make some missions like this myself, but I have been too busy in real life for quite a while. Anyway I think there are good ideas to help expand on using this great mod.