Sign in to follow this  
-ami- mofo

Group alive condition & hot LZ / Dust off

Hi,

I have a group named alpha and by using this in a waypoint

({!(alive _x) || _x in mh9} count (units alpha)) == 0;

a grounded waiting heli only takes off once all (alive) members of alpha are in. Works fine if all members of alpha make it to the chopper or whether any get shot and killed on the way. So that's all good.

Now I'm also using it in a waypoint at a hot LZ where it's quite possible where one or two members of alpha may get shot out of the heli before it lands. When they do the heli still touches down to drop the remaining members of alpha off but then it won't dust off after that (yes pilot is alive). Seems that if a member/s of alpha gets shot out of the heli then the code I used above doesn't work. It works fine though if all alpha members that boarded the heli actually make it to the LZ alive.

What needs doing to the code to make it work for the LZ / dust off part?

Many thanks.

This may work, it should count the number of living units and when they are all out of the vehicle return true

{!(_x in mh9) } count units alpha == {alive _x} count units alpha

usually the code for checking the alive units are in a vehicle is this

{_x in mh9} count units alpha == {alive _x} count units alpha

Thanks mate you're close with this...

{!(_x in mh9) } count units alpha == {alive _x} count units alpha;

This works if only 1 alpha group member gets shot out of the heli but if more than 1 does then it doesn't work.

Any way to refine it so that it still functions if more than 1 member gets shot out?